This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Turn off LED on Fibaro motion detector

Like it says in the tittle. I have the sensors in the bedroom. And everytime I turn arround it gives a blink. This is really irritating when your trying to sleep. I found out that you need to edit paramater 80. But have no clue how.

Comments

• @Aurelia all parameters, including support hints, of the Fibaro motion sensors are embedded in de settings page of the motion sensor. No need to manually adjust parameter 80

Go to zones and devices tab > find you motion sensor > open device settings (wrench symbol) > change the behaviour of the LED > if you want to apply the settings immediately (without waiting for the wake up of the sensor (default 7200 sec) > wake up the sensor (3x B-button) > press save at the moment the LED starts to glow Blue
  • @Aurelia did this answer your question / solve your issue?
  • I sorry that I am Breaking in on this topic, but I have the same issue.

I did do what @TedTolboom suggested en changed the behaviour of the LED to inactive.....but it still keeps blinking.

So I am hoping to get this topic live again.....

Thanks in advance.

Danny
  • Just change the position or angle of you sensor. It only has to detect you standing up or sitting up. I asume there is no need for the sensor to detect your in bed ? 
  • No true Willem......but the question was and is......even though the parameter for the LED is switched to inactive....
    The LED still blinks....
  • Make sure the sensor 'wakes up', this is like synchronizing with the base station, because only then the settings are saved. You can do a manual wake-up by pressing the button inside the sensor 3 times, the sensor will blink to show it has woken up.
  • check this out: https://github.com/athombv/com.fibaro/issues/175 

And a short summary of what I did troubleshooting this:

-reboot Homey
    -Verified I can turn on/off single fibaro switches and wall-plug = okay
    -Opened the Motion Sensor 2's config screen
    -Pressed button 3 times, led stays on after doing that
    -Changed a setting, pressed Save (you have very little time for this before the LED goes off again)
    -Got message that settings were saved (no message about "at next wake-up settings will be pushed")
    -Verified I can turn on/off single fibaro switches and wall-plug = okay
  • have the same problem with my fibaro motion sensor. Cant turn of the led or increase the motion sensor deactivation time
  • I now see that the above link was not working. This is the correct link and in there is a solution/workaround to get it working
  • I’m experiencing the same problem, I cannot turn off the LEDs on Motion Sensor. 
    The link is to github, and it is closed... I didn’t quite get what was the origin of the problem, and how to permanently fix it?
  • Well what I can remember is that you need to things in specific order and quickly.... note sure but I finally got it to work while going to the discussion in the Github.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2017
    1-change settings in fibaro motion sensor
    2- press the wake-up button quickly 3 times from the fibaro motion sensor
    3- press save button.

just did a test and it workes fine over here
  • did all .. reboted homey .. woke up motion sensor .. it says always all is good .. saved .. but light on motion still hits .. 
    so I input raw data 80,1,0 .. and now there is no light on motion detection .. 
  • cbhcbh Member
    Sometimes it takes more than a single wake up to get settings transmitted :-(

Try looking at developer.athom.com, go to z-wave, enable log, in "filter" write [node-id] (the actual number of the sensor, that is, of course).

Wake up the sensor (triple press the button inside), await transmission, triple press again, wait, repeat, while looking at the log - not really necessary to try to understand what it says, but at some point it will be evident, that triple pressing the button results in the same set of commands to and from the sensor - meaning no more info is queued in Homey for transmission...
  • Is there an answer from the devs on this one? I mean, it should do this every nnnn seconds, so why does it have to be done manually? 
    Is this for all battery driven sensors from Fibaro? All Z-wave devices in general? 
    As I’m understanding it, instead of the sensor actually picking up the settings you’ve saved, you need to change the settings but not click save, triple click the sensors wake up button, and then quickly hit save on Homeys configuration. 

It seems as if Homey saves, but doesn’t send the configuration if the sensor isn’t awake, and won’t send the next time it is awake. 

How is is this supposed to work?