This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Outlook / google calendar support

MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
edited November 2015 in Questions & Help

Is it possible to keep track of 1 of these calendars, and ask for the title of the event, ex birthday party daughter, and homey will tell you the date and time u have listed it, for when u forgot or couldnt remember wich time u invited people?

And maybe tell u 1 day or couple of hours in advance preor to the event.

Comments

• +1

• +1 :-)

• +1, was thinking of creating this App myself! It looks like a great project todo! ;-)

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Oh yes, but please wait with making the apps, as we're going to introduce APIs for Calendar, E-mail, Weather and News services through an update. That means that an app can 'plug-in' to this service, e.g. a Google Calendar app.

My dream is to wake me up later when a meeting has been cancelled automatically :-)

• That's a nice dream, I hope it comes true :-P

• Nice! Looking forward to it.

• Emile said:
    Oh yes, but please wait with making the apps, as we're going to introduce APIs for Calendar, E-mail, Weather and News services through an update. That means that an app can 'plug-in' to this service, e.g. a Google Calendar app.

My dream is to wake me up later when a meeting has been cancelled automatically :-)

@Emile Any plans to create something like that for location based stuff? (Maps, travel time, destination prediction, geofencing, etc )

I think the flow editor already allows you to do that!

• Emile said:

I assume its a Homey API for calendar, e-mail, weather and news.
    So there will be a native calendar which can be read and written to by Homey apps.
    Am I right?

Nice dream by the way!

RobinVanKekem said:
    So there will be a native calendar which can be read and written to by Homey apps.
    Am I right?

Nice dream by the way!

Exactly!

• Oh wow, that would make things a lot easier!

• I'm honestly a bit let down with Apple's strategy on the iCal... This is the nth time I've been let down with a service not being able to fully utilize my iCal because it is read only... So far, I still see more positives then negatives for me to stop using iCal. Wish there was a genius who will come up with some way... Tired of using both Gmail's calendar and iCal and them not being fully one service...

• Any updates on this? =)
  • glijie said:
    Nope, that doesn't work. It is extremly basic and, for me at least, not usable.
    I am also looking for a possablity to wake up according my schedule due it is pretty various.
    So, i want it to look in my Google agenda, and if there is an event "Werk/Work" then something should happen (lamps slowly on, music plays etc)

I have this working now with IFTTT but... ifttt has its restriction that it can look in the future for maximum 45 minutes and thats way to short time for me.
  • ehdegroot said:
    glijie said:
    Nope, that doesn't work. It is extremly basic and, for me at least, not usable.
    I am also looking for a possablity to wake up according my schedule due it is pretty various.
    So, i want it to look in my Google agenda, and if there is an event "Werk/Work" then something should happen (lamps slowly on, music plays etc)

I have this working now with IFTTT but... ifttt has its restriction that it can look in the future for maximum 45 minutes and thats way to short time for me.
    this is how i use  iCalendar to Voice from the app-store and make from that your flows.
    then you get something like this.

here just an example.

Make appointment in your phone with for example trigger "wekker"

IF appointment is triggered AND Appointment value contains Alarm(wekker) THEN do what ever you want.

Here some pic's

after installing Icalendar to voice make appointment with trigger (wekker) in my case

then make a flow  like this:
    Only the appointments with "wekker" will be triggered.

the card used in the WHEN column can also be changed in hours. This way you don't have to use IFTTT and you can look more then the 45 min in the future.

You only have to remember that in your appointments you have to add a trigger which can be used in the THEN column for your flows to trigger the right flow

works for me
  • Thank you glijie.
    now i understand how it works... however, the ical link to my agenda is correct (when i paste it in the browser, it will be opened in outlook with the current appointments in it... even the test appointment is there.. so the link is good)

but when i use the flow like your example and send me a push message with the lable "afspraak" then the data is undefined

i don't even have the "and/en" setup so it should send any appointment which are running (I guess). 

Any idea?
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2018
    what is your refreshing freq. at settings page.. mine is 120 min.This means every 120 min homey looks into my agnda for appointments. So if i make e new appointment then it takes max 120 min. to see for homey that there is a new appointment.
    for testing,
    - set the refreshing frequenty on 1 min.
    -  make a appointment over 5 min.
    - make the flow
    - wait 5 min and see wat happends

if you use test button in homey then you have to type the data yourself. puse test and all data say's "undefined"

• I had it set to 2 minutes... that didn't help <span>:smile:</span>
    i did the testing.. testing works, but it doesn't do that with actual agenda...

but... somehow it looks like it works now... and i haven't done anything else...
    so... i wlll keep testing till i am sure ;)

thnx again for the help!