This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Homeyda.sh - Web based dashboard for Homey

Comments

• EternityEternity Member
    edited January 2018
    If you point me in the right direction how I include the capabilities...I will happily do so.

Is this via developer.athom.com/tools/zwave 
    and filtered on the node
  • hehe, almost. Did some search in the app and the following capabilities are used: 
            "measure_battery",
            "eurotronic_mode_spirit",
            "measure_temperature",
            "target_temperature",
            "eurotronic_manual_value",
            "eurotronic_protection"
  • @JasperB
    Thank you!

I will edit my post to get rid of the code.....
  • @JasperB
    Cool thanks!

@Eternity
    This definitly has to do with the thermostat class not being integrated yet.
  • swttt said:
    @Erwin17 Huhm... how old is the iPad? Need to check to see what is causing this..

@Eternity Depends on what kind of device. It should reload all the devices on a page reload IF the capability is supported. If it still didn't showed up, could you create an issue with the capabilities (or used app name and device name/driver)

I just pushed a few small updates:
    - Zones sidebar shows zones and subzones more clearly.
    - Under the Device page title it shows the zone name
    - It loads the last visited zone when opening the devices page again
    - updated to the latest version of the web-api (with breaking stuff ;P )
    Looking Good!
  • That is a clear answer @swttt .
    Thanks!

• @koeniebert
    Thanks!

@Eternity
    When i find some time between working on the dashboard i'll try to add it tho.

Currently still some minor issues with the drag and drop part, but worked out allot of it already.

- Widgets are persistent in the localstorage (with positions ofcourse)
    - Edit mode where you can drag widgets around (snapped to a 10x10 grid)
    - Add widgets (dohhh)

Removing widgets again for now needs to empty the Vuex object in your localstorage :)

When the drag and drop part is fully functional (without bugs/issues on different devices) then i'll add the first widgets to test. This part is going to be some kind of modular, but still needs to be thought out more.

One last issue that hasn't been thought out yet. Some people use homeydash on their phone, but getting widgets and drag and drop responsive is a pain the *ss. 

What do you guys think: Remove the dashboard from phone view? Or just show a list that can't be ordered without drag and drop?
  • I know it is beta, so I like the concept, Keep up the good work, and don't let anyone discourage you from continuing.

• swttt said:

What do you guys think: Remove the dashboard from phone view? Or just show a list that can't be ordered without drag and drop?
    Couldn't a view be copied/inherited from a tablet device that's in use by the same user.
  • @DaneeDeKruyff
    How do you mean exactly? Not sure if we mean the same by displaying a list that can't be ordered or moved on the iphone that is an exact copy of the widgets on another device.
  • I indeed mean a view that is configured on an iPad and can be used on an iPhone. That way there’s no need to make editing available on a phone but it does require a method to get the dashboard to the phone.
  • swttt said:
    @koeniebert
    Thanks!

@Eternity
    When i find some time between working on the dashboard i'll try to add it tho.

Currently still some minor issues with the drag and drop part, but worked out allot of it already.

- Widgets are persistent in the localstorage (with positions ofcourse)
    - Edit mode where you can drag widgets around (snapped to a 10x10 grid)
    - Add widgets (dohhh)

Removing widgets again for now needs to empty the Vuex object in your localstorage :)

When the drag and drop part is fully functional (without bugs/issues on different devices) then i'll add the first widgets to test. This part is going to be some kind of modular, but still needs to be thought out more.

One last issue that hasn't been thought out yet. Some people use homeydash on their phone, but getting widgets and drag and drop responsive is a pain the *ss. 

@swttt
    On the first dashboard app i created a special dashboard page for my iphone with al the widgets i need on my phone. On my phone this is the default page. The only problem is that all the widgets are displayed beneath each other (do you mean this by phone view?). For my the best would be if i can create a dashboard for my phone separately, and no phone view.

Thanks for the great work so far!!
  • Maybe a stupid question but are widgets like "buienradar" already implemented? 
  • swttt said:
    <SNIP>

@swttt
    On the first dashboard app i created a special dashboard page for my iphone with al the widgets i need on my phone. On my phone this is the default page. The only problem is that all the widgets are displayed beneath each other (do you mean this by phone view?). For my the best would be if i can create a dashboard for my phone separately, and no phone view.

Thanks for the great work so far!!
    I think I agree with koeniebert.

On a tablet I would like to arrange my dashboard as I see fit. On a phone that would be nice if it could be done from some other device. But for me it would be enough if I could make a "virtual room" in which I can just add the devices that I want to use _on that device_. Hope that makes sense?
  • @Count_B
    Not yet, but slowly getting there :smile:

@koeniebert  @Mecallie
    Thanks for the input. I'll think some more about it on how i'll handle widgets on smaller devices.
    Main focus still stays tablets, i might disable the view for now and add a smaller view later.
  • Will try to look into some missing capabilities tonight.

Except for the thermostat class, any other device type thats missing?
  • swttt said:
    Will try to look into some missing capabilities tonight.

Alarm panel?
  • @konradwalsh
    You mean alarmpanel more like a plugin/seperate page?

Since i was actually looking for devices missing from the devices page :smile:
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2018
    @swttt I guess @konradwalsh means a plugin where you can enter a pin and when the pin is correct you get access to a device that has the homealarm_state capability.

(I'd like that too you know ;) )

• konradwalshkonradwalsh Member
    edited January 2018
    swttt said:
    Will try to look into some missing capabilities tonight.

Alarm panel?
    Truth is.. i knew typing 'Alarm Panel' would generate more questions than answers.. but I was being lazy.

I mean, I would like to have the option to arm or disarm the alarm. I wasn't really referring to Heimdall Surveillance because thats not generally available.

I meant, my actual alarm panel doesn't show up on the dashboard. Even its status would be good but interaction is better.

Also, only my alarm devices that are door contacts show in homeyda.sh. By alarm motion sensors do not.

To add to my wishlist.. I would love to see on the long press popup details, the last trigger date and time
  • @konradwalsh
    I notice some other things that aren't working like they should. The thermostat shouldn't show? i didn't implemented the thermostat yet. Where i did implement the sensor class so the motion sensors should show up.

Any chance you use slack to check these issues out?
  • swttt said:
    @konradwalsh
    I notice some other things that aren't working like they should. The thermostat shouldn't show? i didn't implemented the thermostat yet. Where i did implement the sensor class so the motion sensors should show up.

Any chance you use slack to check these issues out?
    Motion and temperature sensors are working.
  • Would be cool if it is also able to adjust the color of my LIFX lights with Homeyda.sh

Just like it is possible with the new Homey smartphone app
  • Color capabilities should be added some day indeed :) For now still on the todo list....

On the other hand, i just pushed a new small update:
    - Changed the boxes (wooot!! but they are useless!)
    - Fixed the edit mode issues, this should work consistant now
    - Added an UI for HomeyAlarm and Heimdall
    - Added the base for a measure_power overview

Does anyone have some nice ideas for the power overview? I thought about just plotting a graph with a measure_power capabilities and use the insights data. Maybe even use power_meter to should day, week, month and year usage in a nice table above it.
  • Ok, just for my reference: right now this is not a dashboard, but just another way of displaying all your devices as they are layed out on Homey (Home, Garden, etc.) correct? I mean: I cannot group any devices together at random to get them in a dashboard right? I think the dragable boxes are for that, but they are not working yet?

I hear a lot of buzz about adding capabilities, but for me the main objective of a dashboard is displaying the information in a way that I want. For now I do not see the added value as opposed to the regular Homey app? That works fine on the tablet that I have on the wall now and does exactly the same?

Am I missing something completely, or is the app (for now) the same as the Homey app? The Power Usage, Alarm and Dashboard links are not functional yet?

I am just asking, because I would love to use the "Dashboard" so that I can group devices from different rooms together and create a dashboard for my tablet in the hallway...

• @Mecallie
    You are kinda right, this dashboard is a major work in progress and a complete rewrite of the app that is available in the appstore. So it isn't useable right now. If yo want something usefull, you should try the appstore app.

In the app it is possible to move around devices, group them etc. that part is indeed going to be the dashboard part on Homeyda.sh that isn't functional yet.

On the other hand i integrated the devices in such a way it's easier to control them from a wallmounted dashboard. A long press displays device information (and buttons and sliders) where a single push on a onoff device for example turn the device on and off.

Where Athom doesn't have support for Buienradar, ip camera's and other usefull info. This is going to be possible for HomeyDa.sh

• swttt said:
    @Mecallie
    You are kinda right, this dashboard is a major work in progress and a complete rewrite of the app that is available in the appstore. So it isn't useable right now. If yo want something usefull, you should try the appstore app.

In the app it is possible to move around devices, group them etc. that part is indeed going to be the dashboard part on Homeyda.sh that isn't functional yet.

On the other hand i integrated the devices in such a way it's easier to control them from a wallmounted dashboard. A long press displays device information (and buttons and sliders) where a single push on a onoff device for example turn the device on and off.

Where Athom doesn't have support for Buienradar, ip camera's and other usefull info. This is going to be possible for HomeyDa.sh

In that case I guess I am waiting eagerly :)
  • swttt said:
    Color capabilities should be added some day indeed :) For now still on the todo list....

On the other hand, i just pushed a new small update:
    - Changed the boxes (wooot!! but they are useless!)
    - Fixed the edit mode issues, this should work consistant now
    - Added an UI for HomeyAlarm and Heimdall
    - Added the base for a measure_power overview

Does anyone have some nice ideas for the power overview? I thought about just plotting a graph with a measure_power capabilities and use the insights data. Maybe even use power_meter to should day, week, month and year usage in a nice table above it.
    I think this is a nice idea. 
    This dashboard will be great!! Thanks for the work so far!
  • This is looking very good but who is hosting this URL? What about security?
    My questions are not meant a criticism, I'm just want to know how I give access to my Homey ;-)
  • It is running on my own VPS. Nothing gets stored on the server, and the code is completely open source. 

Once you logged in trough Athom their servers, HomeyDash will store a cookie that is used to do the api calls to Homey. So by removing the cookie, you revoke access to your Homey as well. (Plus you have to login every 2 weeks anyway since it expires)