This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Audible alerts in homey app

Is it possible to add audible alerts in the homey app?
I know you can send a notification or an morse code, but I seem to have a hard time 'feeling' them when they arrive...

I've got for example a couple of sensors to tell me when I left a window open.. and when I want to get an alarm or something like that when I'm leaving home.

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    You can send an Homey-notification, sms or email. Or message your phone with different message-services like pushbullet, pushover, prowl, pushsaver or send a message to slack..
    https://apps.athom.com/search?categories=internet&title=Internet

But you probably mean a different alarm from the Homey-app ;) That's not possible yet...
  • Of course, a couple of flows, some sets of statuses, and the voice card. For sets to combine logic you can use: Better Logic, Sets or State Control and trigger events. A simple flow to tell you when you leave (proximity, nfc or a simple button) will be able to tell (voice, sms, email - check additional apps) you a current status.
  • bvdbos said:
    You can send an Homey-notification, sms or email. Or message your phone with different message-services like pushbullet, pushover, prowl, pushsaver or send a message to slack..
    https://apps.athom.com/search?categories=internet&title=Internet

But you probably mean a different alarm from the Homey-app ;) That's not possible yet...
    I like the way you added 'yet' to it ;)
    I'll try some of the alternatives, but I like to keep my mobile devices as lean as possible.
  • I've setup a basic notification with pushbullit.
    It seems to work, but the notification for that are a bit soft on android, not really a means to call a custom audio file (like an alarm or such)..

But for now it'll do.. It is a more noticeable sound for me..

(doesn't mean I don't look forward to such a feature in homey app <span>:smile:</span> )
  • JPeJPe Member
    Maybe you can use a different RingTone when your phone receives a message from Homey?
  • Sorry about the silence.. was a bit preoccupied..
    But I'm back again :)

I don't think (or at least don't know) I can change the notification sound for the homey app on Android.
    (and pushbullet only has a limit number of sounds)
  • Anyone know if its possible to adjust the notification sounds? I have the APP but Can't find any settings on my Android version 8.0
  • @Traveler
    If you use Android, you can use MacroDroid. MacroDroid is an app like Tasker but simpler to use.
    With this app you can modify notification sound per app and depending on the notification text
  • tb1962 said:
    @Traveler
    If you use Android, you can use MacroDroid. MacroDroid is an app like Tasker but simpler to use.
    With this app you can modify notification sound per app and depending on the notification text
    Thanks, I found an app that works to do it ;)