This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
tradfri

Ikea Tradfri smart light products

Comments

• Exile82Exile82 Member
    edited November 2017
    Well, I retried to pair the bulbs, one by one, with the Homey close by. Still get that some of them are already paired. At one time, I actually got the second buld (out of 4 bulbs) to be paired. But after a couple of seconds Homey complained that there was something wrong with it.
    Don't really know how to move forward. One of four bulb is getting paired, the remaining three is in limbo, some are complaining that they are already paired, some that don't react on the pairing process. Think I will try to get them replaced by IKEA this weekend, and start fresh, because the seems to be FUBAR. <span>:smiley:</span>

Thanks for your support and effort guys, realle appreciate it.
  • I had the same issue. I ended up removing the zone and created a new zone and paired the lamps again. sometimes it works, sometimes not. So what I do now to make it easier:

1. pair the lamp under Homey-section.
    2. When one is paired, rename it.
    3. Move it to the correct zone
    4. then rinse and repeat with the rest of the lamps.
  • After trying to pair my E27 1000 Lumen bulb and GU10 dimmable lights for a few weeks without any succes I today returned the lights to IKEA and got new ones. Unfortunately the E27 1000 Lumen wasn't available so I took the E27 980 Lumen with multiple white tones. The new bulbs all paired at the first try. So much for trying hours to accomplish this with the other lights!
  • I expected the worst when I was reading this topic, but just paired 2x E27 1000lm bulb, 4x E14 tunable bulb and 1x rotating dimmer without problems. (Homey FW 1.5.3) :)
  • I have bought a few GU10 spots for in the kitchen, when my xiaomi motion sensor is triggered they turn on. During cooking time (17:15-18:45) they are set to 80% and outside this time frame 20%. When the brightness changes, there is some flickering instead of a subtle transition to the new setting. Is there a way to insert a subtle transition in the flow?  
  • KvMKvM Member
    edited December 2017
    I have some trouble with the first Ikea Trafdri light I just got. I cannot seem to pair it with homey in any way...

It is the "Tradfri led 1000lm 12.5W". Can someone confirm this one should be supported?

I also read something about a firmware update, could this be the issue? And if yes, how do I update the firmware?

I also cannot seem to reset the light by 6x on/off. It does not respond to this by any kind of feedback (blink twice??).

Thanks for any input :-)
  • Maybe  a stupid question, but how to use relative brightness? What is the difference between normal brightness and the relative one?
  • @canedje you were not the only, you may even have used the Search we have on the forum so many times that it has been asked
    In short, relative = start from where it was
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    caseda said:
    @canedje you were not the only, you may even have used the Search we have on the forum so many times that it has been asked
    In short, relative = start from where it was
    I did use the search but not good enough.
    thanks
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    I also do have trouble pairing one of my Tradfri bulbs.
    I bought 3 of them (E27 980 lumen multicolor and dimmable). 2 are paired after some dificulties (Homey mentioned they where already paired, after a retry it still paired).
    The last one I'm not able to pair.
    I tried every thing, even PtP of Homey. Adding at different rooms/ zones. Resetting the bulb by 6 times switching on and off.
    I didn't reset the Zigbee.
    What will happen then? (I'm afraid the other two are reconnected also from Zigbee again and not pairing after)

So I guess I do have to return the bulb to Ikea? Or are there other optiens?

• KvM said:
    I have some trouble with the first Ikea Trafdri light I just got. I cannot seem to pair it with homey in any way...

It is the "Tradfri led 1000lm 12.5W". Can someone confirm this one should be supported?

I also read something about a firmware update, could this be the issue? And if yes, how do I update the firmware?

I also cannot seem to reset the light by 6x on/off. It does not respond to this by any kind of feedback (blink twice??).

Thanks for any input :-)
    You must update the bulbs with the Ikea bridge, then you can pair the bulbs.
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    I do not have a bridge.
    so i need to buy one
    the other 2 I could connect without bridge
    How is updating working. Just connect to the bridge?

edit: i swopped the bulb by a new one. Working fine now.
    bridges are not available until end february :o sold out!!
  • I am using FW 1.5.6RC7 on Homey, trdfri bulbs used to work great but I paired them in an earlier FW version. I paired my bulbs with the IKEA gateway to update them and now I can't pair them with Homey again. Is this even possible in FW 1.5.6RC7? The bulbs version is 1.2.214.
  • https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3823/ikea-lampen-wat-werkt-wel-en-wat-niet#latest

Here they say the batchnumber of your bulbs must be 1740 as seen on the picture.
    This one is with the software update.
  • TravelerTraveler Member
    edited January 2018
    Ive installed 6 bulbs, one is already dead it seems so I'll have to return that.
    Now - I had to turn off the power so I could replace the light switch, after turning the power back on - Homey states some lights are online but isnt able to change the on/off or dim them - while they're shining brighly right now.

Ive reboot homey twice already. 2 out of 5 are responding to homey, the rest doesn't.

EDIT:
    Correction in the for developers it states they lights that arnt responding are offline. 
    Apparently the sixth bulb, which doesnt light up is online, so im geussing the LED's are dead.
    Other ones are offline, how do I get them back online? I turned the switch off and they're still offline.
  • Well, I just decided to reset all lights and pair them again.
    Which is a horrible proces of unplugging all GU10 spots, go to the nearest GU spot to my homey and -> reset - pair - unplug - next - reset - pair - unplug next.

I havnt installed them all yet, since im gonna return the defective spot in an hour which means I have to pair another light before installing all of em.
  • Can somebody help me (and according to this thread https://apps.athom.com/app/com.ikea.tradfri some other users too) how to add the 5 button remote as a generic Zigbee device? I have Homey looking for a Zigbee device while pressing the pairing button on the back of the remote but it finds nothing, keeps timing out. Is this the correct way to do this?
  • canedje said:
    I do not have a bridge.
    so i need to buy one
    the other 2 I could connect without bridge
    How is updating working. Just connect to the bridge?

edit: i swopped the bulb by a new one. Working fine now.
    bridges are not available until end february :o sold out!!
    They are available now. 
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited January 2018
    Are there more people using  ikea tradfei rotating dimmer?? And losing connection after a while? Red light Goes out and does not function anymore. Replacing battery helps...??  Seems battery gets drained (for me) within 12 hours
  • No not any more. 
    It works, but not flawless. I have create a flow with a variable to set the Luminance level. 

Something like
    When turned, and variable > 0.05 then set dimlevel = variable, Else turn lights of

Sometimes not al lights responded wel to the change.

I have now a scene maker. 2 buttons are programmed to set the dim variable to a specific level Off - 20% - 40% - 60% - 80% and 100% with 1 click, 2 clicks or hold for 5 secs
  • Is there a way to change the brightness of a Tradfi bulb gradually?
    I'd like to have a scene where the Tradfri bulbs change to a lower brightness in the evening. When I do this in a flow, the change is instant to the lower brightness. I'd like to see this take around a minute so that it doesn't surprise you. Is this possible?
  • dofl said:
    Is there a way to change the brightness of a Tradfi bulb gradually?
    I'd like to have a scene where the Tradfri bulbs change to a lower brightness in the evening. When I do this in a flow, the change is instant to the lower brightness. I'd like to see this take around a minute so that it doesn't surprise you. Is this possible?
    offcourse. Almost everything is possible.
    I don't understand what you mean with " the change is instant to the lower brightness".
  • dofldofl Member
    edited February 2018
    Sorry if that was unclear. When a Tradfri bulb it's brightness is lowered in a flow, lets say from 100% to 50%, the bulb applies this within a millisecond. It does not gracefully lower the brightness so that the change is much less noticeable. Turn a Tradfri bulb on or off with a Tradfri switch will do this by in- or decremeting the brightness over a short amount of time, not by applying the new brightness directly.
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited February 2018
    Oké. You can make a flow with multiple brightness cards after eachother with a delay in time between the cards
    so you lower the brightness in steps
  • You mean like this? That means that I can change the brightness every 1 second. To change from 100% to 40% will take 60 seconds and 60 cards? Or is there a way to de-/increment a value like in this post? I haven't figured out how this is possible for a light.

• canedjecanedje Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes like that.
    You can use steps of 10% in 5 seconds for example.
    Then you need about 10 steps
  • cautjecautje Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi,
    I have some IKEA RGB bulb questions.
    Ho to set the "normal" warm light on in a flow? I mean the default warm white when setting the lamp on the first time.
    Ather using rgb collers i cant go back to normal white.

Is there a possibility to set in a flow the "rainbow " collor effect as Philips Hue?
    THX!
  • hello is it possible to set the lights with home and the 5 button remote. (my wife wants to use te remote and I speak with homey) Or is this not possible yet ?
    THX
  • Yes, one should be able to add the 5 button remote as generic zigbee device. However I was not able to add it. I asked about this on this forum but did not get a clear answer yet:

DrDoom said:
    Can somebody help me (and according to this thread https://apps.athom.com/app/com.ikea.tradfri some other users too) how to add the 5 button remote as a generic Zigbee device? I have Homey looking for a Zigbee device while pressing the pairing button on the back of the remote but it finds nothing, keeps timing out. Is this the correct way to do this?

• There is a reason for it not being in the app.

Because it doesn't work, and needs an update in the zigbee core to make it work.

So even if you could include it as generic zigbee device, it won't do anything