This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

"My first time with Homey" (A love story)

Comments

• Fire69 said:
    @athomey, have you tried some voice stuff already?  If so, what language? :smile: 
    Maybe surprising, voicecontrol has 1% of my interest. Have not tried a SINGLE thing of that, and also not trained it to my voice. :-)  Sorry, cannot tell you anything about that.
  • Emile said:
    MilanVanDenMuyzenberg said:No, obviously not, it's your story as a whole. If all risk needs to be mitigated before shipment (and reading your email there is quite some polishing up required), then it'll probably take some more time before larger quantities are shipped. But then again, maybe I am wrong.
    We expect the Geek Batch backers to be a little forgiving of bugs as well. They are geeks, after all ;-)
    Geek pre-orders are also very forgiving of bugs ;)
  • Geek pre-orders are also very forgiving of bugs ;)
    Ha, I see what you are trying! The more forgiving you are, the earlier you get your Homey, bugs or not! :-)
  • edited January 2016
    Emile said:
    MilanVanDenMuyzenberg said:No, obviously not, it's your story as a whole. If all risk needs to be mitigated before shipment (and reading your email there is quite some polishing up required), then it'll probably take some more time before larger quantities are shipped. But then again, maybe I am wrong.
    We expect the Geek Batch backers to be a little forgiving of bugs as well. They are geeks, after all ;-)
    Ha! That sounds promising, Emile! You're right...any self-named geek that is not forgiving  about bugs and able to help should reconsider his or her geek-ness :smiley: 

It's good to hear from Athomey that your support and energy levels are so high. Good luck to you and your team (again)!
  • Emile said:
    Geek pre-orders are also very forgiving of bugs ;)
    haha +1 , as a pre-order i don't mind either :)
  • kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited January 2016
    Emile said:
    Geek pre-orders are also very forgiving of bugs
    haha +1 , as a pre-order i don't mind either
    +1 on that. Very forgiving. But i'm afraid that wont make any difference!
    Orderd Homey "to late" so unfortunately pre-order...

@athomey did not know that vera is that bugy (using a aeonlabs Z2 with domotiga (linux) ) and with so many devices i indeed would not go for a migration path.
  • Emile said:
    Geek pre-orders are also very forgiving of bugs
    haha +1 , as a pre-order i don't mind either
    +1 on that. Very forgiving. But i'm afraid that wont make any difference!
    Orderd Homey "to late" so unfortunately pre-order...

@athomey did not know that vera is that bugy (using a aeonlabs Z2 with domotiga (linux) ) and with so many devices i indeed would not go for a migration path.
    Geek Pre-order here.. I eat bugs from breakfast... (and luch..... and dinner).. :)
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited January 2016
    Athomey said:

Fire69 said:
    @athomey, have you tried some voice stuff already?  If so, what language? smile 
    Maybe surprising, voicecontrol has 1% of my interest. Have not tried a SINGLE thing of that, and also not trained it to my voice. :-)  Sorry, cannot tell you anything about that.
    Hopefully, when all the flows work as supposed, I'll probably mainly use it for demonstration purposes when friends or family come over. :smiley: 
    I'm just kind of curious if the recognition is OK and how fast it is.
    But... I do have two kids who will  love using it :smile: 

By the way, I read that if you train it to your voice, it will not work as good for other users, so I actually think it's best not to do the training...
  • Ha! I bicycle into my back-yard, my watch vibrates and shows "Homey: Je bent thuis". (="Homey: You are home."). Apparently Homey app shows this as a status on my phone, and my watch shows it. Unexpected, but nice. :-)  ((Really really nice if I get home very drunk and I'm not sure I'm home.))
  • Athomey said:
    Ha! I bicycle into my back-yard, my watch vibrates and shows "Homey: Je bent thuis". (="Homey: You are home."). Apparently Homey app shows this as a status on my phone, and my watch shows it. Unexpected, but nice. :-)  ((Really really nice if I get home very drunk and I'm not sure I'm home.))
    I'm going to make showing this notification a setting in the future, it was primarily meant for testing how well geofencing works. The cool thing is: as soon as your phone shows this notification, it sends a signal to the Homey as well, so any flows based on 'When user x comes home' trigger at that point! :)
  • @Athomey It seems you're having great fun with your homey seeing your posts on Github, you're taking your job as a First Batcher very serious! Great work!
  • Athomey said:
    BramSloot said:
    You know what they say...Pic's or it didn't happen
    So you try to trigger me into proving I've slept with Homey?  ;-)  Normally I don't kiss and tell. But I'll make an exception for you @BramSloot , but don't spread the picture! You never now nowadays, with this thing called Internet and such.  This was the start of the evening:

and it ended with a very content state of mind (for me at least, I'll ask Homey later how it was). Today I'm going to do a bigger set-up with 10+ devices and see how everything goes. If I find glitches, report them to Athom. Then later on scale up 20+ and so on.
    Thanks for the effort! Looking great. Can't wait to get my Homey up and running!
  • Athomey said:
    Jacob said:
    Hi Athomey, Thanks for the updates. I have an overloaded Vera3 with Z-Wave, 1-wire and smart meter. How do you go step by step? Include in Homey and exclude from Vera per device? In addition I have some ghost device in Vera and wonder what will happen if I try a controller shift.
    Yes, I first exclude one or more devices from Vera (starting with the least critical in my house, and also least annoying to my girlfriend) and add them in Homey, and experiment with the right flows. My Vera is FULL of Ghost devices (buggy as HELL, and mind that it is a stable product supposedly!). According to Vera I have 17 smokedetectors in my house. I have ZERO connected smokedetectors. Dunno what would happen if you would do a controller shift.
    You can get rid of the ghost devices by deleting them via the URL http://vera_ip:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=<nr>. Yes, I also want to get rid of my Veras and move over to Homey, can't wait.
    MilanVanDenMuyzenberg: good to see you here as well :wink:.

• RamonBaas said:
    You can get rid of the ghost devices by deleting them via the URL http://vera_ip:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=<nr>. Yes, I also want to get rid of my Veras and move over to Homey, can't wait.
    MilanVanDenMuyzenberg: good to see you here as well :wink:.
    Thank you. Very useful. Alternative would be driving a few times over the Vera and setting it to fire. I will do that when I've got Homey up-and-running 100%.  Also very busy at work at the moment, too little time to play fully with Homey, but every now and then I find a slice of time!  :-)

• Homey and the world... says it all doesn't it :wink: 
  • Nice! 
  • MarcoWijk said:

Homey and the world... says it all doesn't it :wink: 
    Looking good!
    Happy with it so far?
  • Fire69 said:
    MarcoWijk said:

Looking good!
    Happy with it so far?
    @Fire69 So far, so good. The voice control responds very good. Ofcourse there are some minor bugs, but that's to be excpected. Like I tried to explain earlier, once they fixed the bugs, they will bring it way, way, beyond the next level. It's well worth the wait. And I admit I was very impatient also at first... :blush: 
  • MarcoWijk said:
    Fire69 said:
    MarcoWijk said:

Looking good!
    Happy with it so far?
    @Fire69 So far, so good. The voice control responds very good. Ofcourse there are some minor bugs, but that's to be excpected. Like I tried to explain earlier, once they fixed the bugs, they will bring it way, way, beyond the next level. It's well worth the wait. And I admit I was very impatient also at first... :blush: 
    Very cool Marco! What kind of devices are you using? Can you tell us a bit more? 
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited January 2016
    MarcoWijk, Homey looks nice on the table but can you elaborate on your experiences. IR usage (I see a TV) Zwave, Klick Aan Klick uit, Flow configuration and control of lights, Control by mobile phone, Control when not at home, Incorporation of movement detectors and/or door contacts, IR remote control, Time based flow's, Notifications, Trending, Apps etc etc etc. Please share your findings
  • @Jacob

Ehm... probably few or none of the above.

I do have to work etc. I understand your curious, but i didn't have the time to test them all. The voice respond is great :smile:  Some minor bugs in the flows, but they are easy to fix. The apps are working fine, but also with some minor bugs.
    :open_mouth: But I kid you not, you won't be able to do all of your list is a few days. The possibilties are endless. For what i've seen, you can open a door with homey WHEN the cats miauwing. :smiley: 
  • I love the way the lighting ring works out so close to your wall.
  • Thanx for your stories. Gets me anxious to get my precious. (C;
    And I'll be disappointed when there are no bugs to nag about ;->
  • Athomey said:
    Thank you. Very useful. Alternative would be driving a few times over the Vera and setting it to fire. I will do that when I've got Homey up-and-running 100%.  Also very busy at work at the moment, too little time to play fully with Homey, but every now and then I find a slice of time!  :-)
    Let's do some vera-burning. I have some overlap with your setup (I do have greenwave plugs though, about 30-35 'switchable endpoints' ), also some of the fibaro's (love them!). I also have the 'ghost' problem (smoke detectors, some alarm devices whilst my alarm is IP, not z-wave). I can't wait to decomission the vera. The UI sucks, the thing is unstable and forgets devices all the time, crashes, and has no sensible/friendly apps. I'm probably the only person on the forum not liking homey's led-ring, but everything else seems grand. Also good to see another tech/product guy on here, I'm one as well :)
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited January 2016
    I suppose by now some of the lucky early, geek, and what not backers have automated parts of their house's.
    Anybody who is willing to share some experiances with IR AV control? Inclusion of ZWave or KaKu? Door contacts? Temperature? Dimmer's? Movement? Multifunction units? And flow's controlling the lot?
    I am getting rather curious. I see a lot of exotic remarks/requests of what Homey should do but want to know the current status, is it doing what it is designed for and what is the user experiance.

By the way, altough also my Vera3 has some issues I would like to state that since 2010 my house became very well authonomous and I believe many of the issues are caused by the open platform and the third party plug-in's not working properly with the company firmware and inexperiance of users with the controller and the equipment they want to add to their system. As the Homey apps are sandboxed I have good hope there will be less of an issue. It is clear for me the combination of an open platform and an enthausiastic group of developpers has the potential of a winning team and the basis for a fantastic hobby.
  • Jacob said:

I am getting rather curious. I see a lot of exotic remarks/requests of what Homey should do but want to know the current status, is it doing what it is designed for and what is the user experiance.

That is the question for me too! Can anybody reply to it?
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited January 2016
    By the looks of it more people will receive their Homey soon.
    I am a bit disappointed in the feedback of the first users so far.
    Would it be to much to ask to share some experiences.

I personally plan to replace my Vera3 controlling Z-wave - Fibaro, Duwi, Aeonlabs, Express Controls, Qubino, Danfoss, Philio Tech, Fakro, and Everspring units. Furthermore a Netatmo weather station via WiFi and a truckload of 1-Wire I/O via an OW-Server.

It basically does not require me to touch any of the local switches all during the day while (RGBW) lights, curtains, ventilator, Samsung TV and some windows are operated based on light, temperature, humidity, movement, door opening and time. Only one pushbutton via Fibaro universal sensor if I decide to go to bed is sufficient.

Is there anybody who has loaded his Homy do do something similar?
    Is there anybody who performed a controller shift?
    What seems good practice to transfer the Zwave database? 
    Wat are experiences with using the above mentioned in Flow's?
    Is configuration and Flow building/modifying possible from remote location?

By the way, if you are wondering about the WAF.... She was used to the set-up so fast now there are immediate complaints if it is not working as expected after I have been "tuning" the system. 
  • Jacob said:
    By the looks of it more people will receive their Homey soon.
    I am a bit disappointed in the feedback of the first users so far.
    Would it be to much to ask to share some experiences.

I personally plan to replace my Vera3 controlling Z-wave - Fibaro, Duwi, Aeonlabs, Express Controls, Qubino, Danfoss, Philio Tech, Fakro, and Everspring units. Furthermore a Netatmo weather station via WiFi and a truckload of 1-Wire I/O via an OW-Server.

It basically does not require me to touch any of the local switches all during the day while (RGBW) lights, curtains, ventilator, Samsung TV and some windows are operated based on light, temperature, humidity, movement, door opening and time. Only one pushbutton via Fibaro universal sensor if I decide to go to bed is sufficient.

Is there anybody who has loaded his Homy do do something similar?
    Is there anybody who performed a controller shift?
    What seems good practice to transfer the Zwave database? 
    Wat are experiences with using the above mentioned in Flow's?
    Is configuration and Flow building/modifying possible from remote location?

By the way, if you are wondering about the WAF.... She was used to the set-up so fast now there are immediate complaints if it is not working as expected after I have been "tuning" the system. 
    First, I can't speak for the other first batchers, but I can understand your frustration. 
    However working 60 to 70 hours a week and having a family,my spare time is limited. 
    So my first priority is helping @athom improving homey so that when you receive your homey it is at it's best it can be. 
    Trust me, if I could bombard you with video's and user experiences I would. 
    But providing feedback not in my native language takes longer then in dutch so informing athom about some findings easily takes an hour to make sure they understand correctly. 
    I'm sure the other first batchers have equally valid reasons. 
    So please stop poking, and more importantly, stop poking @athom with speculations and bitchy remarks (even with the emoticons). 
    A bitchy remark is still a bitchy remark no matter if you put a heart or a smiling devil at the end. 
    Let the guys @athom be as creative as they can be and give them some space. 
    Instead focus on new ideas to make Homey even better then it is right now. 

<3

• Mr. @Moek.
    Wow where did that come from? Did I deserve that respons?

I appreciate your assistance to the Atom team and also that of the other testers for that matter. I also appreciate the fact you do not want to spend to much time compiling non native proza. However you also do not appear to read english very well either.

Paragraph 1: Some dissapointment of feedback... Wat jammer dat er niet meer wordt gedeeld.
    Paragraph 2 and 3: A sum up of my equipment and usage. ..Mijn hardware en configuratie
    Paragraph 3: A set of questions... Een paar vragen
    Paragraph 4: Confirmation of my effort from my wife... Mijn vrouw wil niet meer zonder
    Finally an eye blink... Knipoog

There is no poking and there is no bitching to anybody and definitely not at Atom.

I am not interested in unboxing, nor in the view of homey on somebodies coffee table.
    I am into Domotica, controlling my home by means of various available sensors and actors.

Is is to much to ask for a few lines like:
    Fibaro FGMS-001 Movement AND Lux < 15 = switch light on via ZME_05461
    or
    Speech "TV on" AND Lux < 20 AND Evening = switch TV on AND ceilinglight off AND TVlamp on
    I don't care, demonstrate what you do with Homey I (we) are curious.

Having said that I believe somewhere on the forum it was requested from Atom to compile a list of supported devices. You early testers could do just that, that won't take you hours.