This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[ALPHA] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• Thanks, apart from the spelling errors it looks like expected, I'm using an alternative methode to get multiple languages supported on that tab, but it saves a lot of work and space. Now I know the method works and the only thing left is translating the text.
  • @DaneeDeKruyff, I'd like to test it too.
  • Great app.

It would be nice to have 2 monitor colums for both "Armed" and "Partially armed" so you can select the devices which are active for when there is somebody at home (during the night) and for when there is nobody at home (vacation).

Another nice option would be to have a notifying option for when you arm the system and a door/window is still open. I BTW could not find my Fibaro smoke sensor in the device list.
  • Thanks.

Currently working on the "Armed" and "Partially armed" for the next release.

I thought about a check of the selected sensor when arming/partially arming, something I will take a closer look at at a later time. 
    I have no Fibaro Smoke sensor so I can't test it. I'm wondering if it has the 'alarm_motion' capability which is needed. Maybe @caseda can comment on that?

• The fibaro smoke sensor, well, is a smoke sensor, and that is all it does (and measure temperature, though that's mainly added for the heat alarm) so no motion or contact sensor
  • @caseda thanks, that clears it up.
  • I hope Homey release new units in Sweden soon, I have been waiting a couple of weeks for my order.
  • The next version of the app is coming soon and will have multiple armed modes: Disarmed, Partially Armed and Armed.
    Because of this change the current Surveillance Mode button device is removed from the app. The same goes for the 'Activate Surveillance' and 'Deactivate Surveillance' action cards,  the 'Surveillance Mode' Condition card, the 'Surveillance Mode activated' and 'Surveillance Mode deactivated' trigger cards.
    For the new version the flow cards will be no longer available from the app itself, but from the Surveillance Mode button that needs to be added.
    When the new version is released I will include more information, for now I advise you to disable the 'Automatically update' setting for the Heimdall app on the Apps installed on this Homey page. That way you can install the new version and reconfigure it at a time that is convenient for yourself.
  • A little sneak peak:

• That sounds like a great improvement! If I may make another suggestion: Maybe it is an idea to implement a trigger for when the countdown timer starts. In that way it would be possible to create a flow that for example generates a "beep sound" before the alarm really sets off.
  • Thank. That’s a good suggestion, will put it on the list.
  • Thanks a lot! Soon I will be able to simplify my alarm system thanks to your great app.
  • Please sign me up too! Thanks!
  • Managed to squeeze in some extra settings for the logging just before new years eve:

Fijne jaarwisseling!
  • Great work 
    and happy new year
  • Sign me up for testing please  B) 
  • Happy New Year. Sign me up for testing please
  • This sounds interesting. Maybe i should give it å try
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2018
    Just published a new version to the app store:

version 0.0.9

• Added multiple 'armed' modes.
    • Redesigned the device settings due to the multiple 'armed' modes.
    • Added new Surveillance Mode button due to the multiple 'armed' modes.
    • Removed flowcards due to the multiple 'armed' modes.
    • New flowcards available on the Surveillance Mode button.
    • Added more options what to log.
    • Added more Dutch translations.

This is a big update with some impact on current installations. If you had added a Surveillance Mode button please remove it and add a new button again. From now on the Surveillance Mode button is mandatory, the flow cards to enable a Surveillance Mode are available on the device. Please check your flows for missing flowcards and place the new cards from the newly created device in your flows.
    Also make sure to check the settings page for the app and choose your desired options on the devices.

Any questions/remarks, please ask/post them here.
  • When I search for the app I get the message: you find a blindspot. Please sign me up for this app :-)
  • Great update, thanks.

A quick question, the "delay is activated" card. Am i right in thinking that it would that be used for the entry zone and be tripped when a sensor in that zone is triggered, but the full alarm would not be raised until the duration had expired ?

Andrew
  • @rockhoppers

It's exactly that.
    If you enable a Delayed Trigger on a sensor and that sensors Motion/Contact alarm gets tripped it will trigger the The delay is activated card. After the set Trigger delay timeout expires the Surveillance Mode state is evaluated and if it is not Disarmed the card The alarm is activated card will be triggered.
  • Perfect.

Does the duration countdown like a count down timer, so that it could be monitored to produce a beep every five seconds, increasing in frequency the closer it gets to zero ?

Andrew
  • Yes and no,

It's not a countdown timer that is available as variable during the countdown giving a new value every second, but it is available as a variable at the start of the countdown as the #Duration tag on the trigger card.
    So if the Trigger Delay is set to 30 seconds you can grab that value from the trigger card The delay is activated and use that in a flow to do with it what you like. 
  • In the "then" column, what is the difference between the "set state" card and the "deactivate alarm" cards ?

Andrew
  • SeraphimSeraphim Member
    edited January 2018
    Even when it's winter I have a question for summer: At this season the windows are normally closed when  we leave the house, but in summer some windows stay open even when we leave (e.g. under the roof). So, before I try it: What will happen with surveillance when a window is open when it is activated?

Update: In knowing of the answer: Is a push notification or a voice message through Homey possible if one sensor is "active"?

Regards
    Andreas
  • In the "then" column, what is the difference between the "set state" card and the "deactivate alarm" cards ?

Andrew
    Hi Andrew,

The Set state card is to set the Surveillance Mode, either Disarmed, Partially Armed or Armed. It the last two modes Heimdall will react on sensors and trigger the The alarm is activated or The delay is activated.

The Deactivate Alarm card is to there to disable the alarm state in the app. It will not change the Surveillance Mode state.

• Seraphim said:
    Even when it's winter I have a question for summer: At this season the windows are normally closed when  we leave the house, but in summer some windows stay open even when we leave (e.g. under the roof). So, before I try it: What will happen with surveillance when a window is open when it is activated?

Update: In knowing of the answer: Is a push notification or a voice message through Homey possible if one sensor is "active"?

Regards
    Andreas
    Hi Andreas,

The app will only react to state changes, assuming the windows have contact sensors, so as long as the windows stay in the same position while the Surveillance Mode is (Partially) Armed the alarm will not be triggered. Best would be to work with the Partially Armed mode for this situations (Or exclude sensors from being monitored during the period you know the state will not be reliable)

Checking the sensors state on activating an Armed Surveillance mode is something I will think about later, it is possible to track the states obviously but I have to think out carefully how to get the message to the user as there will not always be a direct connection between the way a mode can be activated and how a user can be informed. 
  • Hi Danee,

thank you for your feedback. 

Regards
    Andreas

One more thing ;-)
    Concerning the MobileFirst strategy of Athom: The Settingspage in the Beta App for Homey does not fit. Only as a hint, no todo. :-)
This discussion has been closed.