This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows Z-Wave

Fibaro Dimmer 2 switches off above 250w

Hi,

In my bathroom I have a Fibaro Dimmer 2 to switch on/off my mirror heating. The mirror heating is 250w and the maximum capacity what the Fibaro Dimmer 2 can switch is 250w. In most of the times the used power from the mirror heating is less then 250w but sometimes the power will get above 250w. Due to safety the Fibaro Dimmer 2 switches automatically off when the requested power is above 250w. 

I've set the forced brightness to a lower level (90) but that works not every time. 

I'm looking for a way to control this. Is there a possibility in a flow to trigger a flow when the Fibaro Dimmer 2 automatically switches off? I guess if it would be possible to use the error log from the Fibaro Dimmer 2 to trigger a flow this problem can be solved. 

Do any of you guys have a solution for me ?
Tagged:

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    why did you choose for the dimmer 2? and not for the relays or the normal switch 2's? these can handle WAY more wattage, and are the same size dimension wise.
    I don't think the heater likes that it is being dimmed anyway (as the dimmer 2 "dims" by turning off and on very quickly, and not by lowering the voltage)
  • Thanks for your reply. Someone at Robshop recommend the Fibaro Dimmer 2 to me. 
    The secondary switch comes in very handy to switch my Sonos One. 

The best option is to buy another switch? 
  • But u did tell the guy at Robbshop u was going to switch the heating with it and then they told u to buy a dimmer?
    REY86 said:

For switching the heating?: Yes!
  • But u did tell the guy at Robbshop u was going to switch the heating with it and then they told u to buy a dimmer?
    REY86 said:

For switching the heating?: Yes!
    Yes, I told him the ‘case’. 
    Is there another smart switch ‘thing’ that also can trigger a scene? (With a double function)
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    The double Switch 2 (Fgs 223) has all the options the dimmer 2 has, expect for the dimming itself, that includes triggering a scene, and 2 inputs, you even get an extra output as a present (doesn't need to be used)
  • REY86 said:
    But u did tell the guy at Robbshop u was going to switch the heating with it and then they told u to buy a dimmer?
    Yes, I told him the ‘case’. 
    wow, perhaps the guy at Robbshop you spoke with, was the cleaner. There are so many option out there to fit your application but the dimmer 2.
  • Sorry Guys,

Maybe there was a communication-error from our site :) I will tell the cleaner to leave the phone alone..But serious there must have been a communication-error. If we have informed you wrong we will absolutely make it right. 
    Call me on our business phone (073 7620762)

ROBBshop
    Rob van Brunschot
  • Hi Guys,

I allready ordered and installed a Fibaro Double Switch 2. On the first OUT I switch the mirror heating and the second OUT is empty. 

I want to work with flows to control the on/off status. I noticed that the Fibaro Double switch 2 switched when I press a button on the switch. Is it possible to custimize the way the switches control the Fibaro double switch 2? 

I have a flow that when the mirror heating is on and i press and hold the left switch that my Philips hue spots will switch to green (worked with the Fibaro Dimmer 2). Or the mirror heating is off and  whenI do the same thing my hue spots will switch to red for a couple of seconds. 

At the moment this doesn't work because when I press an hold the left switch the Fibaro Double Switch 2 switches allready so that the mirror heating will be turned on or off. 

The right switch does what I want (control my Sonos One). If I press the right button once it will Play or Pause my Sonos One. It depends on the status of the Sonos One. When I double press the right button it will set the volume of my Sonos One to 15% and when I press and hold the right button it will set the volume of my Sonos speaker tot 8%. 

Does anybody have a solution for me? 
  • Pressing and holding is only supported for the dimmer as far as I know...
    Maybe you can make a flow to use a double press like you have with the second button? 
  • Fire69 said:
    Pressing and holding is only supported for the dimmer as far as I know...
    Maybe you can make a flow to use a double press like you have with the second button? 
    On the right button it works like a charm. In the flow editor there is the possibility also for the Left switch to choose ‘lang ingedrukt’ what means press And hold.