This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave CommunityApp

[APP Z-Wave] NEO Coolcam Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• TonD83TonD83 Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks, hadn't read about that beforehand otherwise wouldn't have updated to RC7. Athom keeping quite about problems seems to become the norm unfortunately. 

Lux reporting seems to work OK. Battery levels I never really trusted from the beginning, (regardless of versions), as I've never seen anything else than "-" or "100%". I find it hard to believe all my sensors are still at 100% after a few months? 

Edit: looking at the logging, I don't see anything related to battery levels. Got 3 PIRs and a door contact sensor. How often will the PIRs report battery level? 
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited December 2017
    mruiter said:
    TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_ACK_UNKNOWN is a known Homey RC7 Z-wave bug.

No info has been released by athom so far. They keep quit for now on the slack channels about the trouble.

I also see you have a NEO Pir. I'm getting some reports of Lux not getting in. Does  that work OK for you ?
    All my pirs keer reporting so i wonder if this is also caused by RC7 ?

Well, 2 look on the bright side. Battery reporting seems to work again for most devices on RC7  :D 
    @mruiter I have a pir v2 in my kitchen for switching in the lights. I noticed two things: Lux does't get updates and every evening  the kitchen light doens't switch on or it switches off when there is still motion. This occurs about 5 times every day.
  • 0burner00burner0 Member
    edited December 2017
    I now have three deffect Neo Coolcam Wallplugs. I thought the first broke down becayse it was overloaded by the dryer, but a week later another one also went deffect. I received a new one via Ali, but this one also died just after two weeks. Used it with cristmas lights The plugs dosnt switched, and the LED does not light up either. The reset produre does not work either. More people suffer from this? Could it be that homey sending weird commands?
  • I have about 8 Coolcam plugs, no defective issues so far.
  • I'm having real issues with my PIRs - they seem to register nothing but the motion now which has really messed up my routines. Resetting works briefly then they die again
  • RuudvB said:
    I have about 8 Coolcam plugs, no defective issues so far.
    Strange could be a coincident. But only got 3 and now 3 are defect.
  • 0burner0 said:
    RuudvB said:
    Very unfortunate, maybe a bad batch? I got most of mine via Aliexpress NEO Coolcam store.
  • RuudvB said:
    0burner0 said:
    RuudvB said:
    Very unfortunate, maybe a bad batch? I got most of mine via Aliexpress NEO Coolcam store.
    Just contact the seller.
    In most cases they will send you replacement plugs.
  • vaderag said:
    I'm having real issues with my PIRs - they seem to register nothing but the motion now which has really messed up my routines. Resetting works briefly then they die again
    I have 3 NEO PIRs. They all worked quite well about 6-8 months. 2 of them I have installed outside, under carport. No direct rain influence, only moist in the air + low temperatures. Lately these 2 stopped working, or worked unreliable; lux not reporting correct, not reachable via z-wave.

I'm on homey 1.5.3 which has confirmed z-wave issues. Hoping that is the problem with the PIRs since they do work again when placed inside (nice temperature and closer to homey). I put the 3rd PIR in the carport and this one works fine since about 1 month.

Waiting for a new VERY STABLE z-wave release is probably the way to go...

• I'm on 1.5.3 too so maybe it's that...
    Fingers crossed they sort out on the next release!

• canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm not sure how to fill in the settings off the NEO Coolcam PIR.
    I do regular see the PIR led flahing because it is seeing a movement, but Homey is not picking that up as a trigger.
    If i go to the devices in homey to the PIR the movement symbol is still flashing at that time.. 
    Only if the movement alarm signal is not flashing and the PIR picking up a movement is creating a trigger. 
    I guesh that time 1 (8 sec) means the time the PIR is not picking up any signal.
    and time 2 (15 sec) is the time where after a movement is detected giving a new trigger to Homey.
    But will time 2 be resetted by eache time a movement is detected after 8 sec and less then 15 sec. So in Theory it can happen that if the PIR triggers every time after 8 sec and before 15 sec, never gives a trigger to Homey again?
    Am I right?

So if I want every movement seen by the PIR givingHomey A trigger, I need to make the time 1 and 2 equal? 

• canedje said:
    I'm not sure how to fill in the settings off the NEO Coolcam PIR.
    I do regular see the PIR led flahing because it is seeing a movement, but Homey is not picking that up as a trigger.
    If i go to the devices in homey to the PIR the movement symbol is still flashing at that time.. 
    Only if the movement alarm signal is not flashing and the PIR picking up a movement is creating a trigger. 
    I guesh that time 1 (8 sec) means the time the PIR is not picking up any signal.
    and time 2 (15 sec) is the time where after a movement is detected giving a new trigger to Homey.
    But will time 2 be resetted by eache time a movement is detected after 8 sec and less then 15 sec. So in Theory it can happen that if the PIR triggers every time after 8 sec and before 15 sec, never gives a trigger to Homey again?
    Am I right?

So if I want every movement seen by the PIR givingHomey A trigger, I need to make the time 1 and 2 equal? 

If you go to the "i" next to the line you wil see what its means 
  • I know, but still not sure if I do translate it the right way. the "i" information is also not clear itself. It is pointing to other settings but they are not there
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited December 2017
    "bewegingsdetectie blinde tijd" so you have 8 sec this means it wil not detect new movement in the first 8 sec.

"bewegings detectie aan" is for group 2 wich if i understand it the right way is only importent when you using direct assosation with another device directly to your sensor (so not homey between")

The pir sees movement, but wil not respond on it because your 8 sec blind time

• canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    Oy1974 said:
    "bewegingsdetectie blinde tijd" so you have 8 sec this means it wil not detect new movement in the first 8 sec.

"bewegings detectie aan" is for group 2 wich if i understand it the right way is only importent when you using direct assosation with another device directly to your sensor (so not homey between")

The pir sees movement, but wil not respond on it because your 8 sec blind time

I thought the same. But now I'm pretty sure that The trigger only is activated after the "bewegings detectie is aan" time
    I checked it now severall times and changed timing. Homey only triggers again after the PIR is not flashing anymore in the devices part of the Homey desktop. And that is after time 2.
  • Yup you right i tested it with my neo on the toilet and indeed the movement symbol stops flashing at "time 2"
  • Oy1974 said:
    Yup you right i tested it with my neo on the toilet and indeed the movement symbol stops flashing at "time 2"

Thanks. That helps. Now I know how to do the settings
  • My neo wallplug can not disconnect from my homey. I tried to go to the factory settings and than remove by devices. No result. Also tried by settings, remove Zwave. No result. Someone a suggestion?
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited January 2018
    I changed short time ago to 1.5.6.rc7 because my Fibaro double wall switches didn't work properly and stopt working after about one hour. That is now fixed and no problems anymore after the update. But now 1 Neo power plug (out of six)  is not acting reliable any more at one spot of my livingroom. If I do change it to another spot (swopping with an other pkug) both are working again. Is this a 1.5.6.rc7 problem?

• I get the message ''card not registered' when I want to reset the meter values of my neo plugs. anuone experiencing the same?. I am also on 1.5.6 rc7
  • Hi all,

I'm planning to move from domoticz to homey (already have one). I have lot of zwave sensors from coolcam 20+ and fibaro 15+ does it works well together on homey?
    And the main question is that i don't see any temperature reading from my coolcam PIR sensors. I read here that there is no temperature sensor inside pir sensor but i have 6 PIR sensors and all of them have temperature in domoticz also see link to coolcam store on aliexpress:

http://https//www.aliexpress.com/store/product/NEO-COOLCAM-Z-wave-PIR-Motion-Sensor-Detector-Temperature-Sensor-Home-Automation-Alarm-System-Motion-Alarm/1196544_32836387244.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.6b8d2843DFgRui 
  • they really have temp sensors? i can't believe it. hmmmm... i have also two pir. one older and the newer pir. but no temp sensor...
  • miremi said:
    Hi all,

I'm planning to move from domoticz to homey (already have one). I have lot of zwave sensors from coolcam 20+ and fibaro 15+ does it works well together on homey?
    And the main question is that i don't see any temperature reading from my coolcam PIR sensors. I read here that there is no temperature sensor inside pir sensor but i have 6 PIR sensors and all of them have temperature in domoticz also see link to coolcam store on aliexpress:

http://https//www.aliexpress.com/store/product/NEO-COOLCAM-Z-wave-PIR-Motion-Sensor-Detector-Temperature-Sensor-Home-Automation-Alarm-System-Motion-Alarm/1196544_32836387244.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.6b8d2843DFgRui 
    If they have temperature then that would be amazing - I resigned myself to them not having temp after reading posts on here but if they do then that would be awesome. 
    That said, i'm not even getting battery at the moment and occasionally lose light level ;) (holding out on next homey update to fix that...)
  • miremimiremi Member
    edited January 2018
    phil_s said:
    they really have temp sensors? i can't believe it. hmmmm... i have also two pir. one older and the newer pir. but no temp sensor...
    vaderag said:
    miremi said:
    Hi all,

If they have temperature then that would be amazing - I resigned myself to them not having temp after reading posts on here but if they do then that would be awesome. 
    That said, i'm not even getting battery at the moment and occasionally lose light level ;) (holding out on next homey update to fix that...)

See screenshot from working setup in domoticz:

And:

in the first screenshot you can see 7 devices reported from pir sensor to openzwave (part of domoticz) and so all of 6 have temperature value
  • Wow. My NEO PIRs also not showing temp in Homey. Lux yes. If it is there, it would be nice that it will be shown.
  • miremi said:
    phil_s said:
    they really have temp sensors? i can't believe it. hmmmm... i have also two pir. one older and the newer pir. but no temp sensor...
    vaderag said:
    miremi said:
    Hi all,

And:

in the first screenshot you can see 7 devices reported from pir sensor to openzwave (part of domoticz) and so all of 6 have temperature value
    Just to be sure - i see it's registering 0 lux - sure the values arent in the wrong place?
  • Good rematk. It looks like wrong place indeed
  • The Neo pirs i buyed at ali last November seems indeed to have temp sensor. 
  • vaderag said:
    miremi said:
    phil_s said:
    vaderag said:
    miremi said:
    Hi all,

And:

Just to be sure - i see it's registering 0 lux - sure the values arent in the wrong place?

It is just dark the room <span>:smiley:</span>

Here is screenshot from other room:

• In attachment xml configuration file from openzwave. i don't see anything related too temperature.