This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey offline every couple of days

Hi all,

Since a while my homey is offline, it happens every 2-3 days.
Homey is not visible in the connected devices in the router, so im not able to connect to it via app of homeydash.
It seems it's a wifi thing because my z-wave connected lights do turn on using flows. I also get a reply from homey when i say Ok Homey. Reply is that it's not able to reach the server.

To get homey online again i have to ptp. Last week i removed all unused apps and it looked like one of those was the problem until this evening when we were in the dark again because the Hue lights didn't switch on.

Any advice where to look of what can possible be the cause of this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Best is to report this on the github of Athom or send support@athom.com a message, also include if you run the stable version or just released experimental 1.5.4
  • I will send them a message, thanks
  • Have received his e-mail, currently looking into the issue!
  • I have the same issue, i rebooted homey several times. 
    Although i can reach homey again it is very slow, but when i try to add devices, or at least see all my devices (in Zones & Devices) it does not show anything and says: Homey offline...(happens now every time)

Homey self seems to work (it turns on lights for example) but i can not use the (mac)app or browser to add or adjust homey in any way...

i am on 1.5.3 public release
    I have no clue what to do about this...
  • It seems my problem is solved, although im not sure what really happened. My solution was to place Homey at a different spot in the livingroom.
  • ispaapen said:
    It seems my problem is solved, although im not sure what really happened. My solution was to place Homey at a different spot in the livingroom.

Then it looks like a wifi out of reach problem.?
  • Looks like it yes.
    Strange thing is that homey was at the previous place for a long time without any problems.
    Could also be a router thing, i dont know.
    Seems to be working fine now.
  • I am having the same issue since this morning. Running 1.5.4. Cannot reach Homey at all, but flows and sensors work.

WiFi cannot be the issue: router is 2m away. Any help is appreciated!
  • My Homey is offline again, i tried several places in the house to get it back online but without any luck.
    I just tried recovery mode but im not able to connect to Homey Setup network. (kan geen verbinding maken met dit netwerk)
    Does anybody have a solution?
  • canedjecanedje Member
    edited December 2017
    What type of network do you use? Homey is not able to connect to a 5GHz network it can only connect to a 2.4Ghz network.
    Or what is your protection mode in your router?
    Did you change something at your router?
    Are you using a firewall?

Because if it worked before there must be something changed
  • Standard wifi network, all devices are connected to 2.4Ghz
    Before, i used a Asus router, now a Unifi Pro. Same problems.
    Nothing has really changed when the connection problems started a while ago. What i can think of is that the wifi in Homey has some problems because there are many other devices around here and further away from the router. They don't have problems at all.
    I raised a ticket last month and sent Athom some log files, no reply of what can be the cause of this problem until now.
  • ispaapen said:
    Standard wifi network, all devices are connected to 2.4Ghz
    Before, i used a Asus router, now a Unifi Pro. Same problems.
    Nothing has really changed when the connection problems started a while ago. What i can think of is that the wifi in Homey has some problems because there are many other devices around here and further away from the router. They don't have problems at all.
    I raised a ticket last month and sent Athom some log files, no reply of what can be the cause of this problem until now.
    That sounds as a logic conclusion for me. Special you mentioned you changed the router.
    Not good not to receive answer from Athom.
  • Well, i sent them an update a week after i raised the ticket. Homey was online again after i moved it closer to the router.
    Since there was no reply to that email, i will ask for an update at next wednesday.