This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved Flows RF-433

Use variable as brightness level for KAKU dimmers

RutgerJansenRutgerJansen Member
edited December 2017 in Questions & Help
Hi all,

I thought I saw this on the forum once but can't seem to find it.
I have KAKU dimmers at home which I can manage in flow's. However I only get the possibility to either turn them on/off or set a fixed brightness level (i.e. 70%).
However I would like this brightness level to be set by a variable (from the WHEN section of the flow). Would this be possible somehow?
Tagged:

Comments

• @bvdbos : I see you give 2 screenshot examples there. The upper one showing indeed the possibility to add a variable but the card I get after setting up a KAKU device is the one I see in your second screenshot which gives me only "on/off/set relative brightness/set (absolute) brightness".
    Where do I get this card in your upper example?
  • You can drag a tag to both cards. "set brightness" should work...
  • bvdbos said:
    You can drag a tag to both cards. "set brightness" should work...
    Unfortunately it doesn't. The KAKU card won't accept a tag
  • I know it can be tricky to get the tag in the right place . Don't have the dimmers myself but made a video a while ago to show u how tricky it can be. U sure it won't accept the tag?
  • bvdbos said:
    You can drag a tag to both cards. "set brightness" should work...
    Unfortunately it doesn't. The KAKU card won't accept a tag
    What KAKU device did you try ? 
    The Slider changes when you drop a #Numeric token on it, 

Let it have a value between 0 and 1 , 

As Rocodamelshe  says, tricky.... but just try! 
  • Ah, got it!
    It was indeed tricky but my real issue was that I had a text token (variable from a http request).
    I converted it to a text using Numcatch and now it seems to work. I do need multiple flow's however to get this working now. Is Numcatch currently the only way to convert/cast values of tags?

Thanks for the help people