This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Could the Nest App be improved so we can use the actual room temperature in a flow?

I want to vreate a 'Sunscreen summer' flow . The idea is that IF Nest detects a measured temperature above 25 degrees AND it's later than 13:00 'O Clock AND it's not raining (Buienradar) THEN the sunscreen (Fibaro rolluik switch) needs to go down to a certain position. But at the moment in the current Homey Nest App I can only choose at  IF I can only choose between: Nest Thermostat temperature is changed, or Humidity is changed, or HVAC modes, or HVAC Status or set temperature is. That's it. So how can I choose IF the measured inside temperature is above 25 ?

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    You could run a flow every 5 minutes which check the temperature.... So use time as a trigger...
  • casedacaseda Member
    I can choose for "temperature has changed" in the IF column, and the "target temperature is changed", you will need to use the first one though.
    That will trigger on every temperature change then add in the AND column a logic card, is greater then 25 with the temp tag in it, and of course your time cards
  • The problem is that at the moment it's not possible to use the actual room temperature.

I know that Nest provides this information, because I use the Works with Nest - Luxaflex Powerview option to control the Luxaflex here. Only that's without Homey. In the Homey Nest app you can't use the measured temperature (yet, I hope)
  • casedacaseda Member
    @klankbart
    the trigger "temperature has changed" is the trigger of the measured temperature the Nest itself has. (there is only 2 triggers for temperatures in Nest, the measured and the target temperatures)
    I don't have luxaflex, so how would i have those triggers as wel :smile:

if you have multiple temperature sensors in your room then you could of course make a logic variable with the average in the room, and the sensors you want to.
  • RonnORonnO Member
    caseda said:
    I can choose for "temperature has changed" in the IF column, and the "target temperature is changed", you will need to use the first one though.
    That will trigger on every temperature change then add in the AND column a logic card, is greater then 25 with the temp tag in it, and of course your time cards
    Thanks caseda, this works brilliantly for me!!
  • Wouldn't it be nice if the Nest app could read/use the all Nest Protect features? Presence, Co, Co2, ,,, in Homey When / If / Or cards? 
  • Yes, it would be very nice. But Google doesn't expose that date (near real time) to it's API... So Homey can't read/use it :(
  • Ok. But IFTTT seems to do a better job. 

• Yeah, and who do you think implemented that, nest (Google) themselves, they have all the control over those triggers, which they can't guarantee with homey.

It already takes 2 months (?)  for nest to accept big changes (like adding basic nest cam support now).