This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Motion Sensor movement (sometimes) not processed by Homey

2»

Comments

• DMKDMK Member
    @Rocodamelshe could it be that your sensor is z wave +?  I have No bewegings alarm functie droplist. So i can not choose "altijd actief". For the other settings, they are almost identical to mine.
  • Mine is + version yes
  • Can someone tell me how i can set the fibaro motion sensor that it switch the lights when there is movement and it's to dark. 
  • I store the lux in a number variable with the better logic app but maybe it is also possible with the new "tags".
    After that the flow will be: IF motion AND lux=less then 25, THEN...........
  • Looks like it can be done with the tags, in FW 1.1.2 thats is.

• Perfect! The new tags are doeing the trick.

tnx!
  • Strange, this morning it was working, but now it doesn't anymore. In the flow i get a error on the logic tag. In the iphone app it even doesn't  show movement. 
  • I have changed the settings yesterday. Didn't notice any difference yet, but everything was working fine all evening. But that use to be the case anyways. :)
    It's hard to test this issue, but I guess I'll have to wait until the next time we are with more people.
  • I had the same.
    Worked fine for a day, then started being temperamental and now it is not registering motion at all. lux and temp are reporting fine
  • chrisnash said:
    I had the same.
    Worked fine for a day, then started being temperamental and now it is not registering motion at all. lux and temp are reporting fine
    The sensor is configured to send motion during the day or only night?
  • I took the battery out of the fibaro and now it's working a little better. Sometimes it works flowlessly, sometimes there is a big delay of ~6 seconds and sometimes it doesn't it at all. Al with the same settings.

My motion settings are always on.
  • Simular problems here, I ought fibaro, an KAKU ... nothing works reliable .. somebody has a working set up with outdoor sensors ?
  • The last few days I noticed this issue is still present. Even though the sensor lights up as it sees motion, Homey is still ignoring (or not receiving) this and switching off the lights. 
  • Unfortunately, this issue still occurs. Earlier this week Homey notified me of the presence-countdown running out (10s before it turns of the lights). We started waving our arms and noticed the sensor did light up, but Homey didn't seem to notice it and turned of the lights anyway.

Later that evening (and before), everything worked fine again.
  • I realized that behaviour also. It reacts also slower than the neo sensor. But it reports better and faster the lux than the neo. 

• Same problem here. Motion sensor seems to be working fine (tamper alarm, motion, ..) but Homey is not registering anything. Sending a test frame: no_ack, removing device: not possible, removing and reseting device, and adding device again: nothing (not added). So it is just a blinking eye now.
  • Same Here. Tamper alarm is constant in homey. 
    Motion almost never works, but sometimes it does. Motion alarm can stay on or go off. 
    Overall communication problems it seems. 
    Aeotec motion sensors are fine. Fibaro switches are fine. 
  • Toonvos sagte:
    Hier gilt das gleiche. Tamper Alarm ist konstant in homey. 
    Bewegung funktioniert fast nie, manchmal aber auch. Bewegungsalarm kann an oder aus bleiben. 
    Insgesamt scheint es Kommunikationsprobleme zu geben. 
    Aeotec Bewegungssensoren sind in Ordnung. Fibaro Schalter sind in Ordnung.

The same problems here.
  • Same problem here. My tamper alarm is also constant in homey. 
    Motion sensors works sometimes (mostly not) after the experimental updates.

Can you please fix this homey?

• Homeyuser said:

Same problem here. My tamper alarm is also constant in homey. 

A bit cumbersome, but re-adding the device did solve it for permanently for the devices who showed this behaviour
  • ingmar said:
    A bit cumbersome, but re-adding the device did solve it for permanently for the devices who showed this behaviour
    Yes, of course. But adding the device, even after reset is just not working at the moment. I tried to remove it using Homey features, no luck. After reset Homey did remove the device (feature) but I can not add it.
  • those fibaro motion sensors really sucks with Homey, I changed over to the NEO Coolcam motion sensors.
    They really work great over here and are much cheaper:-)

• I might have found something. When I noticed the same behaviour last week, I opened the developer-site of Athom to check for some more detailed information about my Z-Ware network.

According to the network diagram, the sensor was not linked to Homey. In fact, it was not linked to any device at all!

After I did a restart of the sensor (pull the battery), it got linked to my smoke sensor, which was also not linked to Homey in any way:

• I have the similar problem with all the battery powered fibaro devices. The signals are often lost, particularly the motion cancellation signal. None of my Fibaro motion sensors are routed, despite the fact that they have mains powered devices nearby.
  • honey said:
    I have the similar problem with all the battery powered fibaro devices. The signals are often lost, particularly the motion cancellation signal. None of my Fibaro motion sensors are routed, despite the fact that they have mains powered devices nearby.

I had that strange thing as well, a couple of fibaro sensors didn't have any link at all, but they did work... So re-added the devices and since then everything works flawlessly.
  • I do not have this kind off problems with Fibaro.
    Only after a restart of Homey after a while (couple of hours) the Fibaro will give a buglar alarm without a reason.
    I do need to set the fibaro in learning mode to fix this.

• ingmar said:
    Homeyuser said:

Same problem here. My tamper alarm is also constant in homey. 

I have tried that several times. I even reset the z-wave network, removed the motion sensor and uninstalled the fibaro app.
    unfortunately this wasn't the solution, because 
  • I have the similar problem with the fibaro sensor device. The signals are often lost, particularly the motion start and cancellation signal. With aeotec motion sensor I do not have this problem.