This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Create option to use use cards in flows for devices

I miss an option to re-use flows on other devices.

For example, i created a scene which uses 6 flows to dim my bathroom light by pressing a switch.
So 1 press it dimms to 25 an other press dims to 50 again to 75 and then 100 and at last off, this all using 1 button of a switch.

This works great so i would like to re use this scene on my other light bulbs as well, but the scene uses a lot of individual flows to get thus to work.

So simply duplicate is not a simple option.
I have to rename all used flows and then in all flows i have to change the devices to the correct bulbs and this for each light.

What i was thinking of was to create 1 scene and i could start this from an other flow and give the device param on which device it should run.

The values (dim levels etc) can allready be set by tags but sadly the devices not, it would be great to have an execute flow which you could choose a device and then trigger a flow and that that flow is performed on the choosen device.

Maybe this is an idea for athom or a developer for a cool app :)

Comments

• RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited December 2017
    B3rt said:

What i was thinking of was to create 1 scene and i could start this from an other flow 
    Start a flow?
    u just gave urself the correct answer!
  • @Rocodamelshe ; Why do you (and only you ) always use "u" instead of you, the general rule for this forum is to write in English, the word "u" is not English and you probably know that, please be aware that you as a Moderator should be an Example for this community, so please stop this misusing.

For people (like me) that are not so good in English, I tip to install "Grammarly", it shows you the right way of writing English.
  • what do u mean ?
  • mruiter said:
    what do u mean ?
    U don't have to say U, you can call me Sir,  or did you try to be funny?
  • Offcourse, i was born in funnytown.

But you could have used youre time to type that while line to type in flow in the device search bar and woukd have found a device called flow.. thats they thing you are looking for..

Would be better use of time instead of Uing the U thing..

and ill sir you once u are  60+ 
  • B3rt said:

What i was thinking of was to create 1 scene and i could start this from an other flow 
    Start a flow?
    u just gave urself the correct answer!
    Read please......

It is NOT possible to use dynamic devices in a flow or in homey at all..

So 1 flow for eachtime an other device withou to have change the device in the flow....

But if you don't understand what i mean i think you do not make any complicated flows, in that case i understand your answer.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited December 2017
    Beste Bert / Sir and mostly U

I would place my bets on Roco for having more complex flows then you... 
    Then to quote another famous U quote.... This thread and youre input is worthless without Pics.

Some more info on what youre trying to discribe would clear up at least some things.
    I with 700+ flows with most of them pretty complex dont even get U
  • You mean like this?

You can add more lights here, change the steps (change the 0.1) and change the speed (by changing the delay). You can add multiple lights in the action and  you can start this action by changing the variable "dimlevel".

Also, there's a relative dim card:

By the way: Using "u" as an abbreviation for "you" is well-established in casual written English, especially online.
    http://mentalfloss.com/article/63598/whats-difference-between-you-and-u
  • No i don't mean this flow you post.

I cannot create a screnshot because what i want is currently NOT possible.

Try to explain, take your last screenshot then the THEN action.
    Here i  do not want to choose the device but use (to be created) option which is set in an other flow so the device and value are dynacly, so not only the value (dim slider) but the device it self should be set dynamicly.

The you can create 1 flow and use this new flow for every device which i can set in a  in an other flow
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited December 2017
    Sorry, don't understand what U mean ;)  Could you make some mockups for the flows you want or describe them by flow?
  • I think what B3rt means is to use a flow as a form of 'subroutine' or 'function' - so you create a complex flow once, which can then be called from another flow with the device names to act on as arguments. I think the basics of that can be done already, but passing device names as text variables to another flow may not be possible currently?