This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] iVisions - Projection screens

PBaan93PBaan93 Member
edited January 2018 in Apps
Hi Guys, 
I made an app for the projection screens of the iVisions brand. Does anyone want to Alpha test? If you send me a PM or contact me on Slack (pbaan93) I will send you an invite.
Thanks!

Comments

• I will test this!

Thank you!
  • So will I :)

(although my screen is hardwired to my projector's trigger, so I don't know if that will be a problem...)
  • Fire69 said:
    So will I :)

(although my screen is hardwired to my projector's trigger, so I don't know if that will be a problem...)
    I don't think that would be a problem. Pairing is done by copying the remote. Do you still have the paired remote?
  • PBaan93 said:
    Fire69 said:
    So will I :)

I don't think that would be a problem. Pairing is done by copying the remote. Do you still have the paired remote?
    Yeah, somewhere in the attic :D
  • Just wanted to post here, it's working perfectly :+1:
  • Stupid question maybe, but why isn't your app visible in the App Store? :)
  • Fire69 said:
    Stupid question maybe, but why isn't your app visible in the App Store? :)
    Hmm that is weird. 

Via search I can't find it...
    But it is listed in the new/updated/appliances section.

@Bram, could someone take a look at this?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited January 2018
    alpha apps can't be searched in the app store, you can only go with a direct link (you'll land on a page with a message that it is only for invited people) or via the link people get in their invite email.
  • caseda said:
    alpha apps can't be searched in the app store, you can only go with a direct link (you'll land on a page with a message that it is only for invited people) or via the link people get in their invite email.
    yea, but the last one is stable

• PBaan93 said:
    Hmm that is weird. 

Via search I can't find it...
    But it is listed in the new/updated/appliances section.

Same here.
  • Hi Pbaan93,

I use your app every day for my screen.
    But now  i have another brand projector elevator, this one is using a jarolift.
    I copied the Raw Signals in Homey Developer for up/idle/down.
    Can you please tell me where i must paste this in your app? 
    Many thanks in advance. 
  • Hi Pbaan93,

I use your app every day for my screen.
    But now  i have another brand projector elevator, this one is using a jarolift.
    I copied the Raw Signals in Homey Developer for up/idle/down.
    Can you please tell me where i must paste this in your app? 
    Many thanks in advance. 
    It is a little harder than that, you have to decode the raw data and write a parser(or adjust mine). Send me a PM (here or on slack) and I can take a look.
  • I'm really I found this app today, but unfortunately it doesn't work form me. After I install the app, and try to add a device it asks me to copy the remotes signal, when I push the button nothing happens. The screen I've got is a IVISIONS Cinema HD-Series. Any tips where to look next?
  • Mesomelas said:
    I'm really I found this app today, but unfortunately it doesn't work form me. After I install the app, and try to add a device it asks me to copy the remotes signal, when I push the button nothing happens. The screen I've got is a IVISIONS Cinema HD-Series. Any tips where to look next?
    Did you pair/connect your remote with the screen, and that part is working? Before pairing the remote with homey
  • If by pairing / connecting my remote with the screen you mean; is your control connected to your screen, yes.

Steps I've taken;

1. Install iVisions app
    2. Homey -> Devices -> Living room -> Add Device -> iVisions -> Projection screen
    3. I get the screen you see in the image below.
    4. Push the button screen goes up homey does nothing.

What might be interesting to note is that somehow the device was added yesterday. Even tough I never got a visual confirmation and the screen did react to it. Only problem is that I must have been pushing some buttons and that the screen didn't react correctly, so I tried to add it again but without succes.

Long story short; Homey is able to control the screen using the app, but configuring goes wrong somehow.

• So I did a bit more testing and got it working! To pair I had to push the down button instead.

Next the Homey RF module seems to have a lot of trouble when standing next to my speakers. I was playing around with homey a bit together with a friend and location seems to be the key to. When I place Homey next to my speakers the RF signal almost never works. When I place Homey somewhere else it works all the time.