This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

LED Ring collection

13»

Comments

• OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited January 2017
    satbopper said:
    yep 1.1.2

Should work. Nothing complex about screensavers. The app creates patterns that are "played" by Homey's OS.

- Uninstall LED-Ring Collection.

- Pull Homey's power plug.

- After 20 seconds insert the power plug again and wait until reboot has completed.

- Install LED-Ring Collection again.

Question:

Did it work before it crashed?... and if so, what pattern was showing?

edited January 2017

Question for all users:

Did "LED-Ring collection" ever crash without informing me?

There's at least one user that reports regular crashes:
    • Stack trace: No stack trace available 
    • Exit code: null 
    • Exit signal: SIGKILL

But... I don't get a report by mail and I never had any error during testing and there's no info in the message.
    Could this be a hardware problem for that user's device?
  • Never crashed for me but I'm not a power used concerning changing the led ring animation (either in settings or through flows).
  • Never crashed for me...
  • No (LED) crashes here!
    Must say only use it in flows for short times 30 sec (door motion/ring) and a few joke flows
  • Never crashed for me to.
  •  I hate happy users! ... well... ok... I like them a lot, but not when I need to find that possible bug that makes a user unhappy when I want every user to be happy.... :confused:

So... Where are the unhappy users? ... and happy users, keep posting to! :D

• fiekfiek Member
    edited January 2017
    Also never crashed here.I use only 2 flows to switch on and off. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited January 2017
    The only time I get that "crash" is when an app (not just specific to one app) needs to wait before it can start after disable -> enable and is only short periode of time 
  • ask rocodamelshe but the app does not give ny information no stack trace
    i changed the spectrum,will see if it helps,i keep you informed

• satbopper said:
    ask rocodamelshe but the app does not give ny information no stack trace
    i changed the spectrum,will see if it helps,i keep you informed

Did it crash immediately after install, or were you able to select screensavers and run them? And if the second is true... does it always crash with the same screensaver name? Or does it happen with any name but always the same color? Or is it random?
  • no it runs for hours ok and then suddenly i can see it on homey the app crashes
    i changed yesterday the screensaver name but i always use the ones with different colors
    maybe there is an update today of homey then i can look further,otherwise i will try to ptp and look if it stops

•  I hate happy users! ... well... ok... I like them a lot, but not when I need to find that possible bug that makes a user unhappy when I want every user to be happy.... :confused:

So... Where are the unhappy users? ... and happy users, keep posting to! :D

Hate me to, never crashed here :)
    edited January 2017
    satbopper said:
    no it runs for hours ok and then suddenly i can see it on homey the app crashes
    i changed yesterday the screensaver name but i always use the ones with different colors
    The ones with different colors? You mean the ones with "Color flow" and "Random colors"?
    If so, then I could check the algorithms I use for that....

However... The random color patterns or the flow patterns contain a maximum of about 120 frames that are repeated every minute (or shorter). When the color algorithms would cause the crash, it should happen at install (when the patterns are generated) or at least within a minute, at any run of a pattern.

And also... Because the error creates no stack trace, I suspect the problem might be outside the LED-Ring app... maybe a conflict with some other app... or something strange is happening in Homey's Operating System. In that case I can not do anything about it.
    When there is an error that's caused by a bug in the software, there would be a stack trace with more information about the conflict or program error... and it would happen with every Homey because there's no other hardware involved.
    There are hundreds of downloads now and there are no other reports yet (except one on the app-page. Is that you?).
    I hope that some system-update or (other) app-update will solve your problem.

But... You are welcome to keep me informed when there's something more information popping up.
  • ok for me the case is closed,it turns out to be,for me the  crappy firmware 1.1.2
    suddenly my hue app crashed,harmony app crashed so i ptp and now for lets say 12 hours
    no problems anymore

• satbopper said:
    ok for me the case is closed,it turns out to be,for me the  crappy firmware 1.1.2
    suddenly my hue app crashed,harmony app crashed so i ptp and now for lets say 12 hours
    no problems anymore

Glad to read that!

And... The firmware isn't that crappy at all, but there's a problem with memory leakage at the moment. I remember reading somewhere that they found the problem and solved it in the next update.

But even if it takes a little longer... You could try the Candy-app. This can reboot Homey every night (or every few days) while you are sleeping and start with a clean memory again.

• phbphb Member
    Never had a crash with this led ring app here  :)
  • No issues here!
  • oliveolive Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi @OpenMind_NL

I use the eyes screensaver and is it possible only to see the 2 eyes and not the led ring around homey?
    edited January 2017
    olive said:
    Hi @OpenMind_NL

I use the eyes screensaver and is it possible only to see the 2 eyes and not the led ring around homey?

No. The LED light is diffused through the plastic ring. Even the light from one LED (check Satellite) will shatter so much that it illuminates the whole plastic ring.
  • klaasklaas Member
     Is it possible to make a Fake TV Light on the led ring , so i can schedule it when i'am on holiday :-)
  • LED-Ring collection allows me give a subtle visual indication of the presence count:

nobody home = led ring off
    1 user home   = led ring set to satellite (1 rotating dot)
    2 users home = led ring set to light house (2 rotating dots)
    Currently, that means all Homey users are home, but by the time I manage to detect our young gnome also:
    3 users home = led ring set to triangle (3 rotating dots)

I couldn't find an 'all users are home' card, so I used a workaround in the "and" column, with all 2 specific users home listed instead.

You could even colour code users, to get an indication of who is home according to Homey (in case you forgot ;)).
  • @OpenMind_NL

Yesterday i installed the latest software for homey and now i have problems with your app. For example, i have a flow, when incoming email then led alert red and after few seconds jump to multicoloured led, the led stays in alert red and dont jump back. When i go to homey desktop app in the led sector i can choose every option and homey shows the right but when i go to random changing multicoloured led, it dont shows. @OpenMind_NL can you please look at this. Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me :). Thanks
  • olive said:
    @OpenMind_NL

Yesterday i installed the latest software for homey and now i have problems with your app. For example, i have a flow, when incoming email then led alert red and after few seconds jump to multicoloured led, the led stays in alert red and dont jump back. When i go to homey desktop app in the led sector i can choose every option and homey shows the right but when i go to random changing multicoloured led, it dont shows. @OpenMind_NL can you please look at this. Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me :). Thanks
    I do understand you... and yes, I noticed that screensavers with 200 frames (which always has been the max possible) stopped playing.
    The random changing screensavers are often 200 frames... same goes for the 'Eyes' screensavers, that also stopped working with Homey's latest update.

For now it seems to be a bug in Homey's latest Experimental software and I expect that everything will become normal again with a new update or at least with a new Stable Homey software.
  • olive said:
    @OpenMind_NL

I do understand you... and yes, I noticed that screensavers with 200 frames (which always has been the max possible) stopped playing.
    The random changing screensavers are often 200 frames... same goes for the 'Eyes' screensavers, that also stopped working with Homey's latest update.

For now it seems to be a bug in Homey's latest Experimental software and I expect that everything will become normal again with a new update or at least with a new Stable Homey software.
    @OpenMind_NL

Ok, thanks. Did you report the bug athom?
  • Everybody: About the problem that some animations don't play anymore since 1.5.6.rc6...

I just got confirmation from Athom that this will be fixed in 1.5.6 Stable!  B)
  •  :) great news @OpenMind_NL  
  • Everybody: About the problem that some animations don't play anymore since 1.5.6.rc6...

I just got confirmation from Athom that this will be fixed in 1.5.6 Stable!  B)
    @OpenMind_NL

Thanks.
  • With 1.5.6-rc7 the eyes work again!