This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Problem Philips Hue devices after disconnecting network

I bought a different router a few days back and when I switched it all my smart devices connected properly to the netwerk. But for some reason the Philips hue Bridge does not want to talk to homey anymore. I can control the lights from my Philips hue app but not from homey anymore, homey however still thinks that it is controlling the lights. When I click on the light icon in the homey app it turns Grey like it thinks the light turned off but the actual light is still on.
I had this problem before when I restarted my router but somehow it started working again after 2 days. It probably has to do with a change in the IP of the Hue bridge. Is there an easy way to fix this or do I have to delete the devices and add them again? And if I delete the devices in homey do I also need to recreate all my flows with those devices? 

Comments

• @christian1122 ; Hello,  I have also troubel for 2 days now.
    My differance is that i had to restart my router.
    Then the Hue app did not respons anymore, so i removed the complete hue app, reboot Homey, Pull The Plug, updated to 1.5.6.rc6  and finely installed the hue app again.
    however,  no succes...     If i want to reinstall the bridge (from a lamp)   a slit off a second homey seems to look if there is a bridge,  but no time to press the button on the bridge.
    I starting to think now it has to do whit the app update from 7 12 17
    There is however little respons to this issue because when it works it works. only by a instaall the problem occurs.
    Can someone check our stories?
    @Bram
  • To fix this, give your Hue bridge a static IP address, so after your network restarts it will still have the same IP address. This solved all issues for me.
  • @Tiyrell
    tx for respons
    i checked and      Manually Assigned IP      so static  as for i know
  • Like in the router in ur DHCP reservations assigned the IP adress to the specific MAC adress of ur Hue bridge?
    Then the problems should be over yes.
  • i found a fix for it
    as stated above you can use static IP's to prevent this problem (however that is not realy user friendly and most people have no idea how to do that.)
    if you are already experiencing this problem then there is an easy way to fix it.
    go to the homey application. go to "settings" and then "apps". there you can restart the Philips Hue app. once the app restarted, Homey will be able to use the Hue lights again.
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited December 2017
     (however that is not realy user friendly

It's the only good way to do it. Everyone should do it with all their devices or learn how to do it. Saves a lot of trouble.
    I think!
  •  (however that is not realy user friendly

It's the only good way to do it. Everyone should do it with all their devices or learn how to do it. Saves a lot of trouble.
    I think!
    I work at an IT servicedesk and you would be surprised how stupid people are. some dont even know how to plugin a network cable in their computer. you expect those people to configure static IP's on their router?
    Homey is meant for everyone, not just IT people so it should be idiot proof.
  • "Are u sitting behind ur pc?"
    Yes
    "What do u see?"
    A lot of wires

I know what u mean.
  • WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited December 2017
    Finnely i found it !!      pfff   :*
    I had to update the Philips Hue app  itself.
    I cannot understand why, but it worked for me.
    After update Homey found the new (not new ofcouse) Hue bridge.
    then i could install the lamp and bulbs  opnieuw  in the flows.
    Thankx for help guys  :)

EDIT  i mean NOT the athom hue app,  but the philips hue app on my phone...  (strange)