This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro multi movement vs Neo Coolcam

I do have a question.
I do have a Fibaro Multi movement sensor now for a week. Working very well.
Now I like to buy an extra sensor but looking around I also see beside the Fibaro also a Neo Coolcam moving sensor.
There is a price differnce between both (about €20).
So my question is what sensor to buy and why?
I only use the movement and lux part of thye sensor.
IS the Neo Coolcam as reliable as Fibaro?

Thanks for the answers

Comments

• Pretty similar. 

But do add a different battery if you by the Coolcam, the ones they used in my devices are the worst of the worst and one heated up until it started to vent. 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited December 2017
    I have 24 active neo pirs. Non have had battery problems... i still run on the fist batterys in everyone and some ae already running more the 12months on them.....
  • mruiter said:
    I have 24 active neo pirs. Non have had battery problems... i still run on the fist batterys in everyone and some ae already running more the 12months on them.....

24 is a lot :o 
    So it looks like €20 extra is not worth it?
  • A major difference is that the Fibaro can be added as secure while the Neo cannot.
    Therefore, if you plan to make direct associations to e.g. Fibaro Dimmer 2, you have to choose the Fibaro sensor - if you only plan to use flow cards in Homey, the Neo sensor will work fine.
    Have both - and it seems like the Neo is (slightly) faster - but that could be related to time used to encode/decode by the Fibaro sensor .