This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro multisensor not turning on fibaro RGBW controlled ledstrip

Hi All

this one has been giving me a headache for a month now (not to mention bombing the WAF - wife acceptance factor - of my whole homey setup <span>:smile:</span> ) so help me out.

Problem: the fibaro multisensor under my carport does not trigger the rgbw controlled ledstrips when there is motion when the multisensor is UNDER THE CARPORT. It also always reports 'motion = yes' in the homey app & insights

When i take the multisensor inside (closer to homey), movement does trigger the ledstrip immediately and when untouched the motion state returns to no.

When i look in the z-wave network graph the multisensor is mesh-connected to the RGBW controller outside [node14] very nearby and to another rgbw controller inside[node7]. My node 7 is actually pretty far away with lots of walls in between. The multisensor is not connected to a fibaro wall switch at +- 3m away with practically nothing in between but... whatever :). I see my node7 receiving alot of application commands of COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL. I gues its carport-multisensor but communications might end there.

Anyone have idea's how i can further debug this?
Could I maybe make a direct association between my node14 rgbwcontroller and node21 multisensor?

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    Try waking it up on its new spot (triple pressing the b button)

If that isn't working, try re-pairing it on its original spot and bring homey to there instead of the sensor to homey.

Zwave devices work best from the start when included on its spot, especially the battery devices. 
  • thx for the tips @caseda but unfortunately no luck. Tried waking it upt, repairing in the location where it will be installed. It works for a short while but then it defaults to the above problem. Even though it is now connected to homey indirectly thru 2 nodes (both of them directly connected to homey - so actually only one extra hop between sensor and homey)

I did the trange test on the sensor and it flashes yellow, meaning it is connected indirectly thru another device.

Anyone else other tips on fixing this?
  • I think the device just loses connection after a while. Look at the graphs / insights. 

• It seems I’ve a similar problem. I follow this with big interest. Are we the only one’s? The WAF is also an issue by me?