This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Resetting Philips Hue / KAKU RGB lights to last color when power removed / power outage?

ZeroStaticZeroStatic Member
edited December 2017 in Questions & Help
When you turn off a philips hue or KAKU rgb light, the light resets and shows a plain white color. Is there a way to detect when a lamp is turned on with a power switch, so we can maintain the last set color? The default 'light turned on' trigger didn't seem to work when power-toggling a light, only when toggling the light through software.

Comments

• If you cut the power there is no way to go back to the last color set. That’s by default. My INNR bulbs act the same and that behaviour is confirmed by the manufacturer
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2017
    yes you can , but you have to make sure that when you turn off the power to the Hue lights that the hue lights also go to off into homey.
    In homey itself the hue lights stay on when you kill the power to the hue lights. This is why you have to make a flow that turns off the lights in homey,  which can be done if there is a z-wave switch in between.

for going back to the last setting you can do that by making use of betterlogic true/false option.

in all cases, when you turn on the lights with a switch, there will be a delay when your lights go to there last setting.
    this delay can be till about 10 sec..

personally i never kill the power to the hue lights.

• ZeroStaticZeroStatic Member
    edited December 2017
    If you cut the power there is no way to go back to the last color set. That’s by default. My INNR bulbs act the same and that behaviour is confirmed by the manufacturer
    That I know, but I was wondering if Homey has some kind of "Device woke up" trigger if turned on with power that allows me to know when a lightbulb has ''booted up'' so to speak. That way I could set them to the last used lighting myself, using Better Logic or some other script, as glijie suggests.
  • If you cut the power there is no way to go back to the last color set. That’s by default. My INNR bulbs act the same and that behaviour is confirmed by the manufacturer
    That I know, but I was wondering if Homey has some kind of "Device woke up" trigger if turned on with power that allows me to know when a lightbulb has ''booted up'' so to speak. That way I could set them to the last used lighting myself, using Better Logic or some other script, as glijie suggests.
    yes you can....but as i said, when you switch the power off make sure that the hue lights are also turned of in homey.
    Homey will then see when the lights are turned on with a delay. 
  • ZeroStaticZeroStatic Member
    edited December 2017
    @glijie

I saw your answer, and thanks! :smile: 
     I was just explaining to kasteleman that I was looking for a 'workaround' – like the one you mentioned.  :) 
  • kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited December 2017
    It is not possible at this moment, without polling the bulb. And polling isn’t the way to go. We are looking into a way to detect if the bulb rejoins the zigbee network. So if other people know exactly how to do it and know better, please feel free to impleiment it and write the driver for it. And please inform INNR also, they wil be very happy that you found the solution for it! You never wil detect that the bulb is back on power without constantly poll the bulb for his state. 

Ps: i’m Describing the situation that a bulb is directly connected to Homey zigbee, not when using a hue bridge. The bridge uses polling so that is why the state of the bulb is visible after a specific interval.
  •  :/