This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

RFID/NFC Tag reader? Or a better solution to use with Danalock V3

Hi all,

I am currently using Danalock V3. I use the app to unlock my main door when I am in the vicinity. This works well for me and I find it convenient. 

However, my parents come by and I want to give them access to my place without the need of holding on to the physical key. Installing the Danalock app to them is not a good solution because they are not familiar with it and it would be difficult.

I am thinking of using a tag reader placed near the front door so that they can use their tags (I would then given them these tags) and I would use Homey to talk to Danalock to unlock the door when it is detected So far, my research shows BeNext being one of them and supported - but I was hoping for a cleaner solution without the buttons that the Tag Reader 500 has.

Anyone has a better solution that serves the same use case? It doesnt have to be RFID/NFC, open to other suggestions

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• khangwei said:
    Hi all,

I am currently using Danalock V3. I use the app to unlock my main door when I am in the vicinity. This works well for me and I find it convenient. 

However, my parents come by and I want to give them access to my place without the need of holding on to the physical key. Installing the Danalock app to them is not a good solution because they are not familiar with it and it would be difficult.

I am thinking of using a tag reader placed near the front door so that they can use their tags (I would then given them these tags) and I would use Homey to talk to Danalock to unlock the door when it is detected So far, my research shows BeNext being one of them and supported - but I was hoping for a cleaner solution without the buttons that the Tag Reader 500 has.

Anyone has a better solution that serves the same use case? It doesnt have to be RFID/NFC, open to other suggestions

Thanks in advance!

you could buy any tag reader from Ali and connect it to a Fibaro binary sensor. 

I have the tag reader 500 but i'm going to return it. It has a very bad reach.
  • There are also great NFC and fingerprint readers on Ali.
    solid and waterproof for under 50 euro’s .

now isnt fingerprint way cooler then NFC 
  • thank you guys! not too sure how to connect/use the binary sensor but i’ll google!

anything to look out for when choosing the reader?