This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Bitdefender thinks homey.exe is a virus

Just a heads up, the latest Bitdefender thinks the homey desktop app on Windows 10 is a virus. Don't know what I can really do about it except tag it as safe, but maybe someone should notify Bitdefender about this.

Comments

• @Bram something for you to check?
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited September 2017
    Running the latest bitdefender too, but on my side there is no virus detected in the homey desktop app. This could raise a question. Isn't your Homey.exe infected by a virus?
    Running latest (1.03) on windows 10 with Bitdefender total security 2018.

• It does! It infects you with a strong urge to buy more home automation devices and then they spread around your house. Very dangerous for your wallet! :)
    Anyway good luck ;)
  • I will notify the developer of the desktop app to see if he can figure out if there is something wrong with the desktop app! Thanks for the heads-up!
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited September 2017
    mixuk said:
    Just a heads up, the latest Bitdefender thinks the homey desktop app on Windows 10 is a virus. Don't know what I can really do about it except tag it as safe, but maybe someone should notify Bitdefender about this.
    If you think it is a false positive you can report it to Bitdefender  here: 
    https://www.bitdefender.com/support/what-to-do-when-bitdefender-detected-a-clean-file-as-infected-(false-positive)-851.html

But again like @posthok  says, check it! maybe your file (system) is infected? 

Edit: Fixed the link as the editor doesn't like it.

• All right, I'll check it out. But Bitdefender has not warned anything similar on anything else, and here it's not pointing out a specific issue, but just calling it "potentially malicious" and disinfected by the active threat control. I'll let bitdefender know and send the executable for them to check.
  • The issue still exists, no notes from Bitdefender.
  • I have exact same issue. It is rather annoying and I hope Bitdefender will fix it soon.
  • The windows-app will be deprecated in a couple of months in exchange for a new great interface... So better tell Bitdefender to ignore this exe...