This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Homey Harmony Hub v1.2.0

Comments

• The hub itself has indeed no "standby" mode, and that has never been the case.

Must be something else you did to turn the hub to red.
  • Damn these false memories! Everything's well in that case, cheers
  • I believe the red light also comes up when it does not have a connection to your wifi. Usually a restart of the hub and the router solves this.
  • Yep, red means no connection to the wifi.
    So red is not good, green is good ;)
  • Thats What the cops said to me as well
  • Bug?

I have a standard flow to switch off all my media/hifi/tv stuff. Recently I found that if I have switched off all stuff via my Harmony remote with the power button and after that activate this flow, my TV switched ON...

Perhaps it is not an OFF, but a TOGGLE?

• Why don’t you use an activity card? Your correct that it should work, but with activity cards you could let the harmony hub handle it for you, instead of sending individual device actions to the hub.
  • @spoelly

We tend to use the hardware Harmony remote to switch off the TV and other media stuff. That works fine.

That Harmony activity is also seen by Homey and triggers additional actions: switch off other (z-wave) devices. In that flow - see above post - I included these extra  power-off commands for my TV and Receiver. I simply removed these two card and all is fine now.

However, it still seems a bug ;-)
  • @jreenen
    For the next update, will you change the 'activity stopped' logic as discussed earlier? After using it some time now I noticed my flows unintentionally start because when stopping the activity this also includes what activity has stopped, so the flow reacts on that trigger also. Otherwise I have to rewrite some flows where at first glance the correct logic would be a challenge  :#
  • Sorry for my late response because of a bad case of common cold I couldn't set myself into getting behind my laptop. @Eternity strange I will check if I can reproduce this in some way. 
    @Julian I will patch this behavior and deliver it in a hotfix version (probably this weekend published for approval to the Athom store)

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
  • @jreenen
    Better get well properly then! Thanks for the patch, will leave my flows as they are then. 
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited October 2017
    There is something fishy going on with my Harmony app. None of the commands where working anymore so I deceiced to reinstall the hub and underlying devices. The subdevices get added but the hub itself is not added as device anymore. This means I can use any of the app flow cards as it requires you to select the hub first. Strangely enough I can sometimes select a hub but then the activity drop down stays empty.

Any clue what is going on and how to fix it?

[EDIT]
    Ok, I can now add cards again with a Harmony Hub that does not exist as device itself but I am able to select the activities. However, none of the cards actually do anything.
  • Phuturist said:
    [...] The subdevices get added but the hub itself is not added as device anymore. [...]
    Sure you had a separate device card before?

Fire69 said:
    jreenen said:
    @Fire69
    Do I understand you correctly if I say you want to be able to pair a separate device for the Hub itself with some mobile cards so you can start activities? 
    Yes! :)
    I asked @jreenen if this could be added and he said it would be added in the next version.
    So I don't think you had a separate device :P

Are you thinking about the old app maybe?

• Is it possible that the app needs to reconnect to the hub after not using it for some time?

I only use it to turn off my devices (with the PowerOff activity) every couple of days.
    When I do, I always have to do it twice.  The flow runs, but nothing happens (except for Homey telling me he's going to shut everything off).  Then I run the flow again and it works as expected.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited October 2017
    Fire69 said:
    Is it possible that the app needs to reconnect to the hub after not using it for some time?

I only use it to turn off my devices (with the PowerOff activity) every couple of days.
    When I do, I always have to do it twice.  The flow runs, but nothing happens (except for Homey telling me he's going to shut everything off).  Then I run the flow again and it works as expected.
    This seems to be the same problem I described earlier of my commands for starting an activity not working anymore. It never works at first but while testing it works (after it has woken up).
  • jreenen said:
    @Julian I will patch this behavior and deliver it in a hotfix version (probably this weekend published for approval to the Athom store)

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
    @jreenen
    Do you know when you will be able to deliver the patched version  :# No problem if it is a bit later but then I will need to change some flows. 
  • @Julian Sorry forgot to update you the common cold turned into the flu after I recovered from that I spend a week in Las Vegas for work. I will do my best to push out the patch this week.
  • @jreenen
    Great, good to hear you are up and running again
  • JulianJulian Member
    edited November 2017
    @jreenen
    Feeling almost a bit burdened to ask, but when do you think the update will be available  :#
  • oliveolive Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi @jreenen,

I have a problem, i learned my hub a new command but it dont shows in the app. In the original harmony app shows the command. Can you please look into this.

Thanks
  • Been a while @jreenen. Any chance we hear from you soon?
  • what does the card 'stop an activity' exactly do?

I expected it would switches off all media (power off butoon on remote) but that is not the case.

On the remote there is no 'stop activity' option, when i create a flow using this card also nothing seems to be happening.

To shut every down i have to use the logic option 'power Off', this works fine.

So what does stop an activity card exactly do and how can i use it?
  • @jreenen is everything ok? 
  • @B3rt
    the "stop activity" does exactly as it says, stop the activity, and then depending on what is configured in your harmony it will shutdown all used equipment in that activity.
    you can see it as changing to a different activity, the activity "off", so if you configured, shutdown devices not used by activity (settings in your harmony itself) then it will shutdown the devices used.
  • Hi @Julian, @CorvdNiet, @olive,

I am so sorry you had not heard from me for a while. At the moment my work life is crazy busy. I want to pick up development on this app as soon as possible but for now, work/life balance doesn't allow me :-(

Around 18 December work should be finished on 2 major clients I currently work for.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
  • jreenen said:
    Hi @Julian, @CorvdNiet, @olive,

I am so sorry you had not heard from me for a while. At the moment my work life is crazy busy. I want to pick up development on this app as soon as possible but for now, work/life balance doesn't allow me :-(

Around 18 December work should be finished on 2 major clients I currently work for.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Reenen
    I'm in the same boat, know what it's like. Thanks for finding the time to inform us and hope all goes well!
  • No worries Jeroen!

Take care! 
  • @jreenen

Thanks for the update, indeed no worries, we'll be patient :smiley:
  • Hi, I recently discover that my activity off trigger doesn't seem to work anymore. I had it working to run my good night flow when I turned off the tv after 9pm. But now it doesn't run the good night flow. Nothing happens at all??
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited December 2017
    jolerius said:
    Hi, I recently discover that my activity off trigger doesn't seem to work anymore. I had it working to run my good night flow when I turned off the tv after 9pm. But now it doesn't run the good night flow. Nothing happens at all??
    Are you using the experimental release 1.5.6RC7 on Homey?