This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Flow light sensor

I do not get this flow to work in full because the light sensor is unchanged when it's completely dark outside. It gives zero all the time and then the rest of the flow is not running. Thank you very much for tips. See also the attached picture of the flow.

Comments

• Ofcourse the luminace doesn`t change when its completly dark ;) 

So you want when luminance is less then 666 and its not between 22:00 and 06:00 hours to switch the plug on, else turn off??

Delete the "luminace changed" card in the when colom, and  put the time card there , and ofcourse remove the time card out of the and colum

• glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2017
    The flow should work just fine. Maybe change the time to " between 06:00  and 22:00 hours."  or " when it is not sunset. No need to delete the luminance card.

But with this flow the lights are always turning on/off also when it is already on/off each time the luminance is changing, and that happends quit some time each day.

So split it into 2 flows and add in the AND column the card " Wallplug is off" when you want to turn on the Wall plug.
    when you want to turn off the wall plug add in the AND colomn the card " wall plug is on" 

• Oy1974 said:
    Ofcourse the luminace doesn`t change when its completly dark ;) 

So you want when luminance is less then 666 and its not between 22:00 and 06:00 hours to switch the plug on, else turn off??

Delete the "luminace changed" card in the when colom, and  put the time card there , and ofcourse remove the time card out of the and colum

Thanks for your reply. I just want it to be lit when needed so the light sensor will be included. Everything to save energy in consultation with comfort.
  • glijie said:
    The flow should work just fine. Maybe change the time to " between 06:00  and 22:00 hours."  or " when it is not sunset. No need to delete the luminance card.

But with this flow the lights are always turning on/off also when it is already on/off each time the luminance is changing, and that happends quit some time each day.

So split it into 2 flows and add in the AND column the card " Wallplug is off" when you want to turn on the Wall plug.
    when you want to turn off the wall plug add in the AND colomn the card " wall plug is on" 

Thanks for your reply. It only turns on and off once in the afternoon during a one week trial period. The light sensor looks to the north. I have tried to create two flows, but it does not help me when the light sensor does not change. I would have to have an option for the light sensor that it ran every 60 seconds.

• Did you look at your settings of the multisensor?? you can make some changes to it. Is the sensor working correctly?

Also take a look into the insights... there you can see how its behave and when is sending  the luminace.

• Oy1974 said:

Did you look at your settings of the multisensor?? you can make some changes to it. Is the sensor working correctly?

Also take a look into the insights... there you can see how its behave and when is sending  the luminace.

Thanks for your reply. Now I'm trying with this setting. I will return with information on how it went.
  • Now that's gonna eat some battery!!
  • Now that's gonna eat some battery!!
    On external power
  • LakemanLakeman Member
    edited December 2017
    No, that did not help. I need a better feature in homey. I may leave a "ideas & suggestions"
  • Funny, only looking at the wakeup settings if the power is connected.

1. When power is connected it won't use the wakeup time anymore for anything it sends.
    2. Check the other settings, already see a light threshold of 100 lux, so it needs to change 100 lux before it even sends the new lux value if it is inside it will almost never trigger on that setting. On the interval that is also given above it, but can't see that on your screenshot. 

So no need to ask for a feature request, just dial in the settings correctly :smile:
  • caseda said:
    Funny, only looking at the wakeup settings if the power is connected.

1. When power is connected it won't use the wakeup time anymore for anything it sends.
    2. Check the other settings, already see a light threshold of 100 lux, so it needs to change 100 lux before it even sends the new lux value if it is inside it will almost never trigger on that setting. On the interval that is also given above it, but can't see that on your screenshot. 

So no need to ask for a feature request, just dial in the settings correctly :smile:
    Thank you for your message. I think we do not get past the problem that the flow is only running when changing, see the first picture. (when ... The luminance changed). See also the attached trend on Luminance.
  • Lakeman said:
    Oy1974 said:
    Ofcourse the luminace doesn`t change when its completly dark ;) 

Thanks for your reply. I just want it to be lit when needed so the light sensor will be included. Everything to save energy in consultation with comfort.
    This is the right solution, replacing the "luminance changed"card by a "every 15 minutes"card does the fow run all day, the "luminance Tack" is still used to switch when threshold is passed.
  • Maybe you should flip the logic in your plan?
    The flow is triggered by changes in the sensors value - but what if you rephrase the "question":
    Within a certain time interval - if it is dark - then the lights should be turned on?

Then you could use the time as trigger and the sensor value as condition?

I've posted the flows here (in "Flows that work")

• LakemanLakeman Member
    edited December 2017
    Thank you for your reply in another thread @bvdbos. The goal is to solve it with as few flows as possible and not to use atronomic clock without the light sensor. I have understood that my previous flows created a lot of traffic on the Zwawe network. Run homeyn feeds every fifth second. Correctly? And then write to the output each time? I have tried to solve this as you can see in the attached pictures.  Why is the selection on the sensor only with the coincidence when the value changes? Is it that even "when" reads the value of a sensor that it creates traffic on the zwawe network and then every five seconds?
  • cbh said:
    Maybe you should flip the logic in your plan?
    The flow is triggered by changes in the sensors value - but what if you rephrase the "question":
    Within a certain time interval - if it is dark - then the lights should be turned on?

Then you could use the time as trigger and the sensor value as condition?

I've posted the flows here (in "Flows that work")

Thanks! This is how to do it. Have not tried yet, but this obviously solves my problem. Thanks again.