This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
RF-433

433MHz not sending

Good morning all,

A few days ago, I bought a Homey to replace my current Domoticz setup.
First of all, I really like the interface design and the ease of use of the product.

However, I still encounter some issues.
One 'foot' (ball) was broken off from the Homey device. Nothing critical as I will glue it back on myself.
Though, the 433MHz commands don't seem to be sent by Homey which is obviously a bigger issue.
So pairing Kaku devices work. I can already use my doorbell and motion sensors. (Note that these are incoming signals)
But triggering lights or wall switches doesn't work. Even in a very short range (20cm - 2m) it doesn't respond.

I personally believe that someone dropped the box before I bought it which resulted in the broken 'foot' and (internally) the 433MHz antenna.
Hope one of the support guys will be able to confirm this?

Thanks,
Rick
Tagged:

Comments

• This is a community forum, for support from Athom you can contact support@athom.com
  • This is a community forum, for support from Athom you can contact support@athom.com
    Thanks. I was hoping that the support techs would also check this forum <span>:smile:</span>
    Though, I'm actually thinking of replacing my current Homey for a new one (and hoping it will fix the issue).
    What would happen to all my connected devices, apps, flows and settings? Would they stay in my account or do I need to re-install everything?
  • Hi,

You can always send an e-mail to us so we can figure out what's wrong with your Homey. Your flows and settings are linked to your current Homey so you need to set it up again. I would recommend to "remove" your account from your current Homey if you want to exchange it for a new one, this way you wont end up with a "dead" Homey in your account.
  • Not only are devices, flows etc linked to your Homey, they are stored on your Homey and not at Athom's servers...
  • Not sure if related but I also have been having some problems using KlikAanKlikUit using 'Generate signal'. Since it was my first times installing a ACM-2300H (wall-socket switch) I was afraid I hadn't done it correctly. But after paring it with a remote it worked (without Homey), and after that I was able to add the ACM-2300H using 'Copy Paired Remote' no problem and it started to work from Homey too so wiring is good.

But now I have two buttons of my remote assigned to switch the light on or off, which I think isn't neccesary. I want to use that remote to start a flow or use one button to toggle the lights on/off.

Could you try paring it using my above method?

• bvdbos said:
    Not only are devices, flows etc linked to your Homey, they are stored on your Homey and not at Athom's servers...
    Fair enough, but what I read there's no way to properly backup/export all the work that has been done before.
    So this would mean that a few days of setting up devices and flows is all for nothing.. <span>:neutral:</span>

Could you try paring it using my above method?
    Good suggestion. Unfortunately, this is where I started but found out didn't work. It's able to pair this way, but commands don't seem to be sent from there.
    Generate signal was the alternative which also didn't work because it doesn't seem to pair..
  • Getting pretty frustrated with this Homey..
    As I'm returning Homey, I would like to remove it by putting it in recovery mode. Guess what? Recovery mode is not working. I'm now 99,9% sure something inside is broken.

Will return it tomorrow and not even sure I will exchange it for a new one.. :(
  • Ok, just let us know what u decided.
  • With one Homey left in the shop I decided to give it another try.
    This one seems to work way better than the one I had before.
    As I've not been able to remove the first Homey from my account, I'll contact support to get it removed by them.

Thanks for the help!