This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Can you reset a light with Homey?

Louis28Louis28 Member
edited November 2017 in Devices
Hi there,

One of my KAKU lights is completely bugged.
The manual says in order to reset it, I need to put it in learning mode (switching it on and off 3 times) and after that I need to turn it off 5 times with the remote.

Problem is, I don’t have a KAKU remote because I use Homey to control the devices.
But using the desktop or mobile app I can only use a switch witch turns the light either on and off, not just off.

Do you guys know a way to reset the memory of this light?

Comments

• Hi Louis, 
    I don't have a KAKU light, but I Think it is possible!
    Can you specify What type it is?
    Is it the KAKU from the Zigbee line or from the 433 Line? I assume the 433!
    is the Bulp is paired with Homey? 

What I see from the manual of the ALED-2709: 
    If not paired just add a ALED-xxxx and let Homey Generate a signal. klik next-next 
    Create a flow to turn of that bulb 5 times with an increasing delay. (0, 2 4 6 and  8 seconds.)
    Press Save 

Switch the mains on and off 3 times, switch it on. (now it is in learning mode)
    Press test in the Flow editor.

Maybe the delays should be longer or shorter... 2 seconds is my guess.

Will you let us know if this works? (and the Type and Delay?)
  • Hi Geurt,

Thank you so much for this solution.
    Homey will turn off the light 4 times in a row, but no matter the delay, it just won’t turn off the light the 5th time. Really frustrating, because it almost worked!
  • Hmm most brands arent resetting if you send the on/off Signal but they mean turn on/off the power to the bulb.

• @Louis28
    What was the type of the light? 

0burner0 said:
    Hmm most brands arent resetting if you send the on/off Signal but they mean turn on/off the power to the bulb.
    Did you read the manual of the ALED-2709?
    That is the reset procedure.... set pairing mode and sent 5 times a off signal
  • @Louis28

0burner0 said:
    Hmm most brands arent resetting if you send the on/off Signal but they mean turn on/off the power to the bulb.
    Did you read the manual of the ALED-2709?
    That is the reset procedure.... set pairing mode and sent 5 times a off signal
    Nope, thats why I said most brands  B)
  • @Louis28
    It’s the KAKU ALED-2709