This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• phil_sphil_s Member
    edited November 2017
    same here. i have paired the aqua button. and single press won't do anything....

edit: sorry ma fault. one must activate the flow, LOL
    sorry guys, it works
  • phil_s said:
    same here. i have paired the aqua button. and single press won't do anything....

edit: sorry ma fault. one must activate the flow, LOL
    sorry guys, it works
    Can you show your flow?
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited November 2017
    of course:
    i not just toggle on/off in the first flow because i have another flow that set the brightness off the bulb to just 50% whenn i press the button 2 times.
    and the first flow just clicking once set the brightness to 100% if the light was turned off.

bytheway: i am impressed of the really cheap switch. i justed ordered two other on gearbest ;-)
    some zwave switche can look at this switch how it shoulg go (zwave.me didn't worked for me)
  • @phil_s Thanks for your reply.

Tried something like above but just nothing seems to be working when I press the button. What am I missing?
  • Is your Flow active? Right click-> enable flow 

perhaps you are out of range to homey. Try to make a simple Flow which just homey let say „yes“ or something else. Take the voice card to do it. Then press the button near homey. If homey says „yes“ you know that the button works. If not just repair it to homey. 

If it works try a bigger range to homey. So you can See when it breaks. Then you have the range of your button. If you want a bigge range you have to install another zigbee device on half the way to extend the range to your button. This „Mesh“ of zigbee can only extend with wired devices like bulbs or plugs. No battery devices can extend the range. 
  • dvk8dvk8 Member
    edited November 2017
    Thanks again for your reply. I made a simple flow with a voice card like you suggested and presses the button right next to homey, but again nothing happends.  Not sure if it has to do with my buttons, homey or the xiaomi app.

Maybe  @TedTolboom has a suggestion?

Edit: I deleted the deviced and added it again. This seem to have worked. Thanks!

• dvk8 said:
    Thanks again for your reply. I made a simple flow with a voice card like you suggested and presses the button right next to homey, but again nothing happends.  Not sure if it has to do with my buttons, homey or the xiaomi app.

Maybe  @TedTolboom has a suggestion?

Edit: I deleted the deviced and added it again. This seem to have worked. Thanks!

@dvk8 good to hear that your issue has been resolved...

Since debug-logging for Zigbee is still limited, the best option to debug an issue with a switch is to create the following flow; logging the scene trigger to e.g. Simple Log

Pressing the right button 1 time will give the following logging:
      25-11-2017  ||  16:05:58  ||  yeah Aqara: Right button Key Pressed 1 time 
  • Have you been able to start progress on the smoke detector yet? About 20 comments back there was a mention about adding a driver for them but I can't seem to find an update on github. Any thing I can do regarding the driver or are there any remaing challanges with the zigbee-shepard driver? Looking forward to an update!
  • Icarus said:
    Have you been able to start progress on the smoke detector yet? About 20 comments back there was a mention about adding a driver for them but I can't seem to find an update on github. Any thing I can do regarding the driver or are there any remaing challanges with the zigbee-shepard driver? Looking forward to an update!
    Hi @Icarus for the smoke- and gas-sensor there is a remaining challenge to be resolved in the Zigbee-Shepherd; the ‘ssIasZone’ Cluster still needs to be implemented...

which is used to trigger alarms for smoke and gas detection events...

I will check with Athom if they can provide an insight when this will be added...
  • Received some Aqara Weather sensors and Aqara Human Body Sensors last weekend, great stuff. Also very happy with the app, great job @TedTolboom though I have some remarks/questions.

In the supported devices description it says:
    • Aqara Human Body Sensor (motion alarm, luminance, temperature)
    But I get no temperature reading form the sensor, so I wonder if it really is a capability of the device.

In the device card I see a battery icon and Battery Alarm indicator, but I get no battery percentage. 

I also see a trigger card in the flow editor 'The battery level changed' but it never triggers. Same goes for the 'The battery alarm turned on' but that is expected since it's a brand new sensor.

So the question is: Should the battery percentage be reported and available in the device card and flow cards? 
  • Received some Aqara Weather sensors and Aqara Human Body Sensors last weekend, great stuff. Also very happy with the app, great job @TedTolboom though I have some remarks/questions.

@DaneeDeKruyff that indeed is a typo in the readme. Thanks for reporting.
    Will be updated to "Aqara Human Body Sensor (motion alarm, luminance)" in the next app update.

In the device card I see a battery icon and Battery Alarm indicator, but I get no battery percentage. 
    So the question is: Should the battery percentage be reported and available in the device card and flow cards? 
    Battery reports are not working yet.
    To avoid having to re-pair the devices, we decided to add the battery capabilities, so that with a driver update it would be possible to get the battery reports working

@DaneeDeKruyff that indeed is a typo in the readme. Thanks for reporting.
    Will be updated to "Aqara Human Body Sensor (motion alarm, luminance)" in the next app update.

To avoid having to re-pair the devices, we decided to add the battery capabilities, so that with a driver update it would be possible to get the battery reports working
    Thanks, that makes it clear. I’m very happy with the app and devices!
  • So I got my sensors today and added them fine and they all work great.
    Except for the motion sensors. They doesn't seem to restart the timeout after the initial movement.
    I takes like a minute before it starts to register movement again. 
    So if I set the timeout to 30 seconds and move around infront of the sensor it will just recognise me once and then turn off after 30 seconds.
    Am I doing something wrong?
  • As I see it, it will switch of after the amount of time elapsed after there is no longer movement detected. So default 300 seconds, 5 minutes, after you hold your breath and don’t move it will start registering new movement. 
  • @agentq15 which of the two motion sensors are you talking about?

So I can try to reproduce. It could be that for this sensor the lower threshold should be at least 60 seconds (and not 30 seconds)...
  • @agentq15 which of the two motion sensors are you talking about?

So I can try to reproduce. It could be that for this sensor the lower threshold should be at least 60 seconds (and not 30 seconds)...
    The Aqara Human Body Sensor

I would like to have it know if I'm still in the room without having it waiting 2 minutes before realizing that I left the room. That's why I would like to have a low threshold. I control my bathroom lights with it.
  • I have the same sensors (Aqara Human Body Sensor) since last weekend. I changed the timeout to 60(seconds) and they work fine. They register my movement when entering a room and also revert back to the 'no movement detected' after 60 seconds.
  • I am trying to install this app, but it says my version is incompatible. Current version: 2.3.1 .
    Is this because I am not on the experimental channel for updates with my Homey? Or is it because I have "Xiaomi Mi Home" installed (which is indeed version 2.3.1 .)? Is this app not compatible with the Mi Home app?
  • Mecallie said:
    I am trying to install this app, but it says my version is incompatible. Current version: 2.3.1 .
    Is this because I am not on the experimental channel for updates with my Homey? Or is it because I have "Xiaomi Mi Home" installed (which is indeed version 2.3.1 .)? Is this app not compatible with the Mi Home app?
    It is because you’re not on the experimental channel.. which should be noted as second error...
    the feedback that you have 2.3.1 installed is a bug in the App Store
  • Switched to the experimental channel. Got it installed now! :)
  • Any updates for the water sensors?
  • Peke said:
    Any updates for the water sensors?
    Nope.... waiting for delivery...

• Tallguy said:
    I have the same sensors (Aqara Human Body Sensor) since last weekend. I changed the timeout to 60(seconds) and they work fine. They register my movement when entering a room and also revert back to the 'no movement detected' after 60 seconds.

Yeah but does it reset when you move in between those 60 seconds? So it doesnt Timeout If there still is movement 

• phil_sphil_s Member
    edited November 2017
    sorry guys, diddn'T find it here: why are my battery sensors (door/window, switch and weather (all aqara)) seen as "offline" in the zigbee map? my osram plug is tagged as online.

but all devices work without problems...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited November 2017
    ^^^^
    :)
    nevermind, must have misread something
  • @bvdbos I think that's a wrong assumption, These are all Xiaomi Aqara devices:

• Yeah it dosn‘t matter. They all are working. Just curious that they are signed as offline. 
  • TallguyTallguy Member
    edited November 2017
    Hmmm...my sensors suddenly all went offline. Is there any way to get them buck up&running without having to reset the Zigbee network?
    The do however seem te react normally when checking them in the 'Devices' page.

• @Tallguy as i said
  • phil_s said:
    @Tallguy as i said
    ah, sorry dude...completley missed that post  :#
This discussion has been closed.