This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Smartphone App (Preview)

Comments

• In my opinion it works as it needs to. It works just like a mediaplayer or spotify like VLC on your PC/phone, play button is shown and when you press it starts then it changes into the pause button to pause the song/movie what you are watching. 

It makes sense. I guess this is another way to look at it.
  • edited November 2017
    lubbertkramer said: In my opinion it works as it needs to. It works just like a mediaplayer or spotify like VLC on your PC/phone, play button is shown and when you press it starts then it changes into the pause button to pause the song/movie what you are watching. 

The best way to make it clear for everyone is if make it 'turn synthesize on' and 'turn synthesize off'. This way the intention of the text is clear and removes the double intention (is it intended as state or action).
  • It’s been only crashing at start up for past few versions :(

i hope for a fix, I wasn’t using the old app anymore :)
  • @quakerix Did you de-install the previous version first?
  • How to give voice commands in the new app?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited November 2017
    WRos said:
    How to give voice commands in the new app?
    Not (yet) available in the new BETA app but you can chat with Homey instead of that :) 
  • bvdbos said:
    @quakerix Did you de-install the previous version first?
    Well, it was auto-updating. So I assumed I had the latest, but now I re-installed the app and it seems to be working again.
  • Virtual Devices can't be switched. Is that correct?
  • bvdbos said:
    @Micha1980 : You think that's related to the experimental new app? Can you reproduce this?
    @dians : did you try to re-install like mentioned in the (now closed) https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1938

;) That did the trick. Thks.
  • nklerknklerk Member
    edited November 2017
    I love the way where this is going to. I'm not using either of the apps that often but when i do i prefer the new version, so that's a feather you can put in a dark place. Roflol.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited November 2017
    Question: is it on purpose that a power socket, included as 'Ventilator' does not have a on/off slider, whilst the same Neo Power socket added as 'General socket' does?

• The Homey (preview) app just gobbled up over 1G of data over the past few days! Be warned. Will make an bug report.

• Eternity said:
    Question: is it on purpose that a power socket, included as 'Ventilator' does not have a on/off slider, whilst the same Neo Power socket added as 'General socket' does?

Virtual devices also haven't on/off slider
  • Hope they get an On/Off slider, or the option to switch this ON in the interface!
  • I found an issue when Adding a Neo power switch that the screen that asks for 'what is the device used' wasn't shown. Is this a known issue? I have an Apple Iphone SE.
  • Eternity said:
    Hope they get an On/Off slider, or the option to switch this ON in the interface!
    Pietje5 said:
    Eternity said:

Virtual devices also haven't on/off slider
    It's still beta so things can change but if you want to make sure Athom knows about your request add it to Github :)

quakerix said:
    I found an issue when Adding a Neo power switch that the screen that asks for 'what is the device used' wasn't shown. Is this a known issue? I have an Apple Iphone SE.
    Bugs needs to be reported at Github of Athom for the beta app :) 
  • How can I get an invite  for iPhone users?
  • madmax said:
    How can I get an invite  for iPhone users?
    See the first post with information
  • madmax said:
    I have read this and fill out the requested informations. How long take it to get an invite?
    edited November 2017
    madmax said:
    madmax said:
    I have read this and fill out the requested informations. How long take it to get an invite?
    Depends on the speed of Athom and Apple, if you had a Android phone somewhere you could enroll without the need of a signup :) 
  • madmax said:
    madmax said:
    Depends on the speed of Athom and Apple, if you had a Android phone somewhere you could enroll without the need of a signup :) 
    I have done this before
  • the app is not working on an iPhone X with ios 11.2 beta 5. 
    edited November 2017
    loutje020 said:
    the app is not working on an iPhone X with ios 11.2 beta 5. 
    A beta Homey app on a beta iOS version ^^ But can you give some more information about what is not working and open an issue at Github about it?  Thought @m-ruiter is using or has used the beta Homey app on his iPhone X? 
  • Can anyone clarify something for me please?
    Is athom/homey moving away completely from being able to setup and use homey on a mac/pc to just a smartphone or tablet ap?
    The reason I ask is that i have a disability that really restricts me to using a desk based computer, as it is the only thing that will run all the accessibility/disability aids i need.  If i can only use a tablet or smartphone, it will render my homey completely useless to me.  

Anyone know if you will still be able to use both?
    I cant be the only disabled person who uses a homey. 
    I think i saw a blog about a disabled person who's life had been changed for the better by homey.

Thanks

Dan
  • Hi @daesland
    Eventually the desktop app wil not work anymore with the newest firmware of Homey.

The new mobile app will integrate with the accessibility features which are standard in IOS and Android which will make it easy to use for people with a disability. 

However, you can always choose to not update your Homey so you can still use the desktop app.
  • Thanks for replying.
    Unfortunately, that's very disappointing.
    Accessibility features of smartphones are very limited and the only feasible way for me of using homey is via computer but it sounds like if i want to continue to do that then i have to do without any future updates of the homey platform.
    The future 'proofness' of the homey was the reason i purchased it.

oh well.

• There's still the Google Chrome posibility i guess.....
  • @daesland There are options (if Athom indeed discontinuous the desktop app) to run android apps on a windows PC. There are multiple options, but I'm sure you can find something by googling for "run android apps on windows". 
  • The tools that allow android on windows, are not secure, buggy, full with commercials.. and absolutly not a serious alternative... 
  • loutje020 said:
    the app is not working on an iPhone X with ios 11.2 beta 5. 
    A beta Homey app on a beta iOS version ^^ But can you give some more information about what is not working and open an issue at Github about it?  Thought @m-ruiter is using or has used the beta Homey app on his iPhone X? 
    The app is crashing direct after opening it, also reinstalled it but this is not helping. Maybe its good to know to adjust the app for iOS 11.2. i will open a githup task.