This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[Published] Homekit for Homey

Comments

• Does that mean that using homebridge plugins would be possible?
    Like this for example: https://github.com/matthijs2704/homebridge-thinkingcleaner/blob/master/index.js
  • In theory yes, didn't run homebridge yet but should be possible.
    Downside is, this would never be possible as a homey app. You need to add or remove plugins and the config.

Wouldn't mind helping you with homebridge tho, you can find the working (modified) hap-nodejs module on my github. I think you should create an empty app using the CLI, install homebridge. Replace the modules i have build with the ones homebridge installs. Install some plugins, edit the configs and start homebridge from the onInit() in the app.js :)
  • It would be super cool if any of these things enabled control of the Apple TV from homey but I think that needs Bluetooth (at least that’s home Logitech do it and I’m reluctant to buy ANOTHER controller for 100 gbp) 
  • Pushed a working version with only lights and locks added to GitHub (alpha branch).
    This version uses hap-nodejs that runs more stable then the previous has-node.

The settings page is going to change as well. Instead of selecting the devices you want to add, you can exclude devices. This means that when you add a new device to homey, it shows in homekit without any user input.

For now it just adds all available devices.
  • Thx !!

• Hi Bas,

Any idea when the working version is going to be published by Athom?
    I use it quiet a lot and so does the rest of the family.

Im not in to adding the Gifthub version because if i want to switch again i have to remove it and stuff.

thx
    Thijs
  • @tcarnal
    For now i only got locks and lights working. Still having some issues on adding and removing devices. It takes around 5 min to show or to remove them from homekit. 
    I want to add other capabilities first before releasing it as beta.

What can do is add you to the alpha releases. Just PM me your emailadres that you use for the appstore.
  • For me it's working great.
    I only have a problem using homekit through Siri. Somebody know this is an IOS11 problem??
  • @koeniebert
    Whats not working with Siri then? There is an issue with the doorlock, but other then that lights should work flawless.
  • swttt said:
    @koeniebert
    Whats not working with Siri then? There is an issue with the doorlock, but other then that lights should work flawless.
    Got it working now. Sorry. Thanks, great app!
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited November 2017
    Issue with adding and removing devices isn't fixed yet, but will have added enough capabilities tonight :smile:

So note to all beta users: You might need to setup homekit from the ground up after its published :/

• Just submitted the new beta to the appstore.

Current capabilities:
    • Light (with RGB or Temperature)
    • Socket
    • Switch
    • Motionsensor (with lux and temp)
    • Doorlock
    • Door/Window sensor (with temp)
    • Thermostat
    • Windowblinds
    • Button
  • MASTER!!!!!
  • Beta is published! Let me know :smile:
  • great!, hope you can add the smoke detector capability soon ;-)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented homey from pairing. 2.0.5 is awaiting approval
  • swttt said:
    Fixed a bug that prevented homey from pairing. 2.0.5 is awaiting approval
    All my devices are "Not responding" after the 2.0.5 update. (Possibly after the 2.0.4 update - I didn't check at the time.)

Any way to fix this without starting from scratch?
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited November 2017
    @longkai
    Nope sorry, you need to re-pair homey again. (ofcourse remove it from homekit first).
    But the current used hap-nodejs runs more stable in my experience so its worth it ;)

Thinking about it: It might even be saver to completely uninstall homeykit first.
  • swttt said:
    @longkai
    Nope sorry, you need to re-pair homey again. (ofcourse remove it from homekit first).
    But the current used hap-nodejs runs more stable in my experience so its worth it ;)

Got it. Thanks for the quick reply.
  • swttt said:
    @longkai

Thinking about it: It might even be saver to completely uninstall homeykit first.
    Got it also working now. Thanks!
    Not possible anymore to add the devices you want in the settings??
  • @koeniebert
    Nope settings are removed for now. Will try to add them again soon, but they will be a bit different.

Homekit now adds every device but you can exclude certain devices or zones.
    So when you add a new device to homey it gets added to homekit automagically :)
  • swttt said:
    @koeniebert
    Nope settings are removed for now. Will try to add them again soon, but they will be a bit different.

OK, thanks!
  • New beta is published that should prevent some crashes :)

• don't see beta in App Store anymore (saw it 2 hours ago though), was it removed?
  • @Yannick
    updated it to stable.. was kinda sure it shouldn’t give any issues anymore. Plus most users would benefit from the more capabilities and stability.
  • swttt said:
    @koeniebert

Because every device is added it also adds the Philips Hue lights and motion sensors that were allready in homekit by the Hue bridge. So now every Hue bulb and sensor is seen double in Homekit!
    How can i remove the double Hue devices that were added by Homey?
    For the rest everything works perfect after the update, great app!
  • @Martin_vd_Aart
    For now you can't yet. Need to finish the new settings page first. I'd suggest you create a room in the Home app called unused or something and put them there.

Then once the new settings page is done you can exclude them from pairing.
  • swttt said:
    @Martin_vd_Aart
    For now you can't yet. Need to finish the new settings page first. I'd suggest you create a room in the Home app called unused or something and put them there.

Thanks for the quick reply, i had the same idea and created an extra room to put them in just for now.
    Thanks again and keep up the good work
  • swttt said:
    @Martin_vd_Aart

@swttt does this mean that the way to exclude devices they need to be in a separate zone? I'm not really fond of the idea I have to group my devices into certain zones because some apps inner workings expects it to be that way.
    For me the way it worked before, manually selecting the devices to add to homekit, is the preferred method.
    Is it possible to introduce a toggle for auto/manual import? For certain situations it's a better way to do it, for example the in the situation @Martin_vd_Aart describes above. 

• @DaneeDeKruyff
    To be honest i really thought this trough.
    In the above described situation its about a few lights that needs to be excluded, to exclude (for example) 4 lights is less work then including 20 devices. Excluding can be done per zone or per device.

New devices that get added to Homey (if not in an excluded zone) will get added to homekit as well. Without any extra user input.

The only situation where this might not be the best solution is if someone just wants to pair 4 lights from Homey with homekit and exclude 60 other devices. But still then you can exclude every zone except the one where the lights are in and exclude the other devices in that zone so only the lights are left.