This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Problem with Fibaro Wall Plug (peak usage)

Hi,

I am using a Fibaro wall plug (zwave) al long time now to check if the washing machine is ready. This works great. Until the wall plug monitors huge peak usages at random times. As you can see on the chart down here.

In the red square is a normal Washing machine program. That works great.  But check out the peaks! 8000 WATT? That's while the washing machine is turned off. I even see a negative peak of -3000 WATT.

My guess is that the Fibaro is losing connection to the Zwave network for a short moment, and sending out some garbage to Homey. Does that sound logic? If so, can I check if there is a problem in the Zwave network at the same time?

Hope you guys can help me trouble shoot this!

Comments

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited November 2017
    Sometimes a booboo happens . Its not quite sure what triggers the plug to see such a peak.
    Could be something else on the grid that makes a fase shift or other funny thing on the grid that triggers the measuring logic in the plug to report  high (or low ;) )values in.

We also have seen this on the Neo plugs.
    Looks like it happens on the kitchen/wasser devices . Or thats just co-incedence because people monitor those more.

Nice , because i already said this happens on almost every brand of plug. See @caseda ; not only NEO with there superb high quality but also the lower Fibos have this.

Its a good thing to see if you can get the z-wave log at the time this happens. Could give more insights on why this happends. 
  • This morning I had one peak again (450 WATT) and checked some things. It's Node 2:
    - Peak visible in insights: 10:39:46h -> 10:40:13h
    - Z-wave log from 10:00h -> 11:21h (Log is 1 one hour off, so 9:00h in the log is 10:00h in real time) is attached to this post.

Can you see something in the log that can be cousing this?

• @keverjeroen Just so you know (without looking at the log, not easy to do that on my phone) those aren't an hour off, gmt is being used for time in the log (can also be named zulu, see the `z` at the end, but that is more a military standard/name)
  • caseda said:
    @keverjeroen Just so you know (without looking at the log, not easy to do that on my phone) those aren't an hour off, gmt is being used for time in the log (can also be named zulu, see the `z` at the end, but that is more a military standard/name)
    Ah ok. But still, the times in the log are one hour different thant the times in the graph. ;) 
  • ? Because the log is GMT/Zulu and the graph is usertime. So they have to be one hour off for the Netherlands. For @danone they will be much more off :#
  • bvdbos said:
    ? Because the log is GMT/Zulu and the graph is usertime. So they have to be one hour off for the Netherlands. For @danone they will be much more off :#
    I was reading this tread and thinking at the same thing... 11 hours off for me.  :#
  • I understand that it's 'normal' that the time is off, but I was hoping some one (with Z-wave knoweledge) was willing to check the log. In that case it was good to know that the time is one hour off, and not for example 11 hours. 

So, back on topic. Anyone an idea what's going wrong? :)