This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• ...so in short: not moaning about sending me the device asap, but clear comms along the way...
    Fair. :-)
  • The decision to ship only the first batch to make the needed support more managable is totally understandable, great move, but as you yourself state it's '10-20 you found on the forum, slack etc' that's the problem, we are all guessing.

A simple post stating how many are shipped (or even percentages of th batch they're shipping) so we aren't left in the dark isn't to much to ask, is it?
    I know they're working their asses of. And I love what they're doing. I saw @emile reacting to queries on a Saturday night around 0:00. That's dedication!

And I don't mind waiting another two weeks if I get a better polished experience. But... Let me know! Tell me what's happening!

Of course I want Athom staff to work 99% of the time on fixing things.... But giving us a status update is five minutes of work by one person. At this critical stage, this should be done, at least 3-5 times a week, IMHO.

Last but not least: I have every confidence in Athom and its people. I just also see they are a new company and they're struggling to do everything. This whole experience must be like a giant whirlwind for them at this moment! I hope they stay cool, focused and determined and in the process keep us posted on what's happening. After all, we are all very passionate backers of this project...!
  • VincentVincent Member
    edited January 2016
    Delta said:
    Clear communication

First, let me say I totally agree about the communication. Not daily, but whenever something happens or you cross a deadline. Right now, the last comment was that First backers got a Homey and the next batch (hopefully all Geek backers) will get one in one or two weeks. But this should have been a kickstarter update. This is the only place those updates should be mentioned.

But what you're asking has already been said. I can imagine they are not willing to repeat themselves. So, this summary is for  you. Feel free to add info if you have it.

More clearance about:
    * how manny Homey's has beem shipped?
    All Firstbatch and Superbackers (11)
    * what are the results so far?
    It's working, but bugs still happen
    * what is the exact schedule for the shipment in the next weeks: so who get's when?
    Getting exact might be the problem, what if they miss the deadline. Latest comment was 1 or 2 weeks.
    * is there an APP for windows? Yes/ NO. 
    NO
    * what is the name for this app?
    -
    * Is there an App for Apple?
    Not yet
    * What is the name for this?
    -
    * if NO, when will they be released?
    There will be a Beta period, but no idea when.
    * what equipment is now working on the Homey?
    I've read KaKu and Hue is working, but there are bugs.
    * what equipment is probably working in 2 weeks?
    That's too hard to predict and might be the reason of the delay
    * What bugs are current?
    12 open bugs (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues)
    * who is responsable for what- so this site could talk directly to somebody
    Emile and Stefan, and if I believe the most direct way of communicating is via Slack. I received a reply from Emile within the hour.
  • Misschien een idee omhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.numerousapp te gebruiken voor de aantal dat verzonden zijn
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Great feedback guys, you are all right we need to communicate better. 

I will start a sticky topic today with all the facts and estimates for shipping!
  • Emile said:

I will start a sticky topic today with all the facts and estimates for shipping!
    Great !!
  • Emile said:

Perfect !! That's all we ask :smiley: 
  • Emile said:

Thank you!
  • Thank you @emile
  • Emile said:

Also, make sure you post on kickstarter. It is the most important location for backers to get information.
  • Thanks Emile!
  • Yes, very much appreciated!  :)
  • test
  • great news! :-)
  • Thanks for the update. Although I do not understand why backers outside of Europe will receive their Homey after Preorders. 
  • Great update Emile. Thx.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Vincent said:
    Thanks for the update. Although I do not understand why backers outside of Europe will receive their Homey after Preorders. 
    It's a Z-Wave specific thing, they need different hardware.
  • edited January 2016
    Did homey get an FDA approval for foreign countries yet?
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited January 2016
    Food and Drug Administration? The bottom compartment of homey can hide medicines. And the casing is edible. :smiley: 
     Did you mean UL?
  • FCC for the US ?
  • edited January 2016
    honey said:
    Food and Drug Administration? The bottom compartment of homey can hide medicines. And the casing is edible. smiley 
     Did you mean UL?
    Ha, good one  Yeah I ment to say the FCC: https://fcc.gov 

Or whatever government instance checks hardware in the USA.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2016
    FCC certification was cancelled

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/1817/
  • February then
  • I do not understand everyone is so patient. A week ago I was told my Homey would be send further on in Januari. Now I see it is expect to be half of Februari.
    Is it true only 13 Homeys were shipped yet. Why is that? 
  • Because it is a kickstarter first product ever start-up company. Learning on the fly. Working their *sses of to fix new findings and making great progress there, but it's a bit more work than expected. They'll get there. :-)  
  • Sure they will get there but people who didn't look at the kickstarter post and just went to the Athom website never clearly confronted with the uncertainty. I am inclined to say that those people can't be blaimed for being more impatient as they paid 300 euros for a project first said to be delivered in December, then January and now February.  ;)
  • If it is not fcc certified, isn't it possible to ship parts? In the EU/NL there is always an option about diy and then there is no CE certification (like rapsberry pi etc.) if this is the issue also outside EU, perhaps it is an option to let the user install a sensor or something.

Also there is an alternative for TTIP, for canada althoug. This is called CETA, perhaps that FCC then isn't needed for canada due to the fact that with ttip and ceta we respect eachother testing and certification proces without the need of making expensive tests again.
  • PhaetonPhaeton Member
    edited January 2016
    No they can't be blamed. I agree. But from a kickstarter perspective homey does a good job. They communicate (here, should do it on kickstarter website as well), they start to deliver and they are open for suggestions. People have more patience when kickstarter companies are open, show steps of result in between. Homey does that. Could always be better, but they do a good job imho. They deserve the patience they got from backers. I dont want to wait, but i'll wait a couple of more weeks with patience. Because i see what happens on github and here on the forum.
  • No they can't be blamed. I agree. But from a kickstarter perspective homey does a good job. They communicate (here, should do it on kickstarter website as well), they start to deliver and they are open for suggestions. People have more patience when kickstarter companies are open, show steps of result in between. Homey does that. Could always be better, but they do a good job imho. They deserve the patience they got from backers. I dont want to wait, but i'll wait a couple of more weeks with patience. Because i see what happens on github and here on the forum.
    Agreed! 

@tunf ;
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/1811/#Comment_1811
This discussion has been closed.