This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Somfy RTS

Comments

• anneanne Member
    PTP refers to pulling Homey's plug, not the screen's?
  • So if I understand correctly there are 3 options to make this blinds to work again:
    1. Pull the plug of Homey
    2. Reset Somfy RTS by erasing the memory
    3. Power off the blinds completely

Am I correct?
  • I pulled the plug, did a reset of my Somfy RTS and powered off the blinds completely. Nothing works.

I can add the blinds so it seems pairing works. But Homey is unable to make the blinds go up or down.

I need a little help please!!
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited July 2017
    baboonen said:
    I pulled the plug, did a reset of my Somfy RTS and powered off the blinds completely. Nothing works.

I can add the blinds so it seems pairing works. But Homey is unable to make the blinds go up or down.

I need a little help please!!

How did you reset youre RTS ??

Did you follow this guide ??

As long as the memory is full (from the RTS engine) Homey seems to pair, but it does not....

• Yes I did the reset twice. And as a result the remote still works but homey doesn't...
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    Did you also need to re-pair the remote? Or did it keep working?? (If it kept working, the reset failed)
  • Yes, I have to press the upper and lower button at the same time. That all works....
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited July 2017
    did you try changing the settings? you can choose between sending short and long signals and multiple signals. you can find then at your APP settings in Homey 
  • Yes I also tried that. With no success.. In my opinion it's just weird that it suddenly stopped working... 
  • DaanGonningDaanGonning Member
    edited July 2017
    I want to activate my Somfy RTS sunscreens to work with Homey. no luck yet. I have the TENIS 1 remote, but when I press the 'program' button, nothing happens. I can't pair. How long do I need to press the button? Seconds? On the remote, there is a red light after 2 seconds or something. 

The homey and Somfy are 4 meters from each other..

Can you help me out? Nothing is working yet :(  
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited July 2017
    @baboonen   are you sure you have to press the two buttons? On most Somfy Remotes, the button in the hole on the backside needs to be pressed.

@DaanGonning  your Remote needs to be close to Homey at the time of pairing, you can also try to place your Homey closer to the Somfy screen during pairing. Pairing is normaly done within 1 or 2 seconds.
  • @JPe There are 2 things:

1. Reset the Somfy RTS blinds: in order to reset the blinds one of the things you have to do is make your remote work again by pressing the upper and lower buttons simultaneously.
    2. To pair the Somfy RTS blinds: you have to use the button at the backside of the remote. 
    Pairing Somfy seems to work: Homey recognizes when I press the backside button. But nothing happens with the screen. It doesn't move and changing the signal doesn't work.

Please advise
  • WRosWRos Member
    I prefer the factory reset by switching the power.
  • @WRos I performed a factory reset twice...
  • WRosWRos Member
    Could you control the screens by the somfy remote?
    The factory reset helps me, when I had somfy homey related problems.
  • Yes the remote control works 
  • WRosWRos Member
    edited July 2017
    Are you using more blinds?
    You have a strange issue. 
    Maybe it's a problem with interference between some signals. I believe other users does not have this problem.
    Is is possible for you to place the motor, or Homey next to each other?

Could it be that homey can only receive and can't sent the signal?
    Maybe you could do a test to analyze that.
  • How do I do a test?

I've let the company who installed the blinds perform a reset and it still doesn't work. I think Homey doesn't work anymore..
  • I've got the same problem for some time now. And after some testing and a lot of cursing, i found my screen/ remote where in the wrong mode. Or something like that. I have done some changing of my "my" button position. And in and out of programming mode. And sudenly it starter working again.

not Sure how to chech in wich mode the motor is. But after this, iT seems to me iT is something with a wrong mode or something like that.
  • CorvdNietCorvdNiet Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks moorm2

Your post helped me to make my blinds working again via the Somfy RTS app. To add blinds to Homey one is asked to press the programming button on the back. This will put the blinds in programming mode. After adding the blinds in Homey you have to get the blinds out of programming mode again. I pressed the programming button until the blinds went up and down again and voila ... Homey can move the blinds and the remote is still working.

baboonen ... maybe this will help you.
  • moorm2moorm2 Member
    edited August 2017
    CorvdNiet,

glad i could help. I iritated myself about this for quite some time, like you Guy's 
  • Since a few days I have some Somfy devices and are very happy with being able to control them with Homey. 
    I have a remote to control the 3 three devices I have, but this remote has the possibility to control 4 devices.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to link the 4th control to another device I have at home? E.g. to turn on/off a z-wave switch? 
  • baboonen said:
    So if I understand correctly there are 3 options to make this blinds to work again:
    1. Pull the plug of Homey
    2. Reset Somfy RTS by erasing the memory
    3. Power off the blinds completely

Am I correct?
    Did you ever find a working solution? I have the exact same issue... tried the same nothing works..
  • I have a problem with the junior blinds.

I already have 2 somfy blinds working with Homey and they work fine. Now I've recently bought a new somfy blind but it cant seem to connect. 
    It works fine when I add a second telis remote; just 1 program button push on the connected remote and 1 program button push on the new remote. But it doesnt work with homey. 

When I try to add the blind to Homey the following occurs: 
    - I click on the devices add button in the Homey software and select RTS blinds. 
    - On my somfy telis remote I push the program button on the back, the motor responds. 
    - When I go to the next page in the software, the motor responds 3 times! Which means a factory reset is given to the motor! 

The result is I have to go through the install process of learning up/down positions with the telis remote. No response from the blinds when I trie to control them with homey. Is it possible in the Homey adding process to control the number of times the reset button is pushed by Homey? So my motor doesnt go into factory reset?
  • obeliksobeliks Member
    edited February 2018
    With my Somfy telis 4 modulis remote, I can tilt and lift my Venetian horizontal blinds.
    Now I don't want to lift the blinds, only tilt them. Is that possible with Homey?
    I can pair the blinds, but with Homey they go up and down; I can't only tilt them??
  • Count_BCount_B Member
    edited April 2018
    I have 8 curtains installed with a Telis 16. Channel 10 is programmed to close or raise all the curtains at a time. Is it possible to add this channel in homey or must I add the curtains one by one?

• The Update causing Somfy devices paired in the early days to stop working is temporary reverted in version 3.0.2.

These devices should be paired again with the new Driver. A workaroud is available in v.3.0.3

From Slack #general
    baskiers [12:19 AM]
    I just published v3.0.3 of the Somfy app to the beta branch on the app store. Note that Somfy devices paired before november 2016 will not work from this version forward. However, I did add functionality to re-add your deprecated devices through the pair wizard. When you have a deprecated device the pair wizard should show a "re-pair deprecated device" button pre-filled with the code of a device you did not re-pair yet. After re-pairing your blinds should work with the newly added device. Note that you do need to manually fix your existing flow cards since it is not possible to change these over. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

v3.0.3 (currently Beta)
    Added a way to re-pair deprecated somfy devices through the pairing wizard (this is for devices added before november 2016).

• Count_B said:
    I have 8 curtains installed with a Telis 16. Channel 10 is programmed to close or raise all the curtains at a time. Is it possible to add this channel in homey or must I add the curtains one by one?

Anyone? When I choose this channel not all the curtains are responding. So must I add these one by one? 
  • Count_B said:
    Count_B said:

Anyone? When I choose this channel not all the curtains are responding. So must I add these one by one? 
    I have a Telis 4. When I select all 4 channels on the remote and import the device into Homey, Homey can close all at once.
    When I select channel 1, 2, 3 or 4 and then add the device to Homey, Homey can close the separate devices I added. That works for me.
  • NickDJNickDJ Member
    Has anyone been able to get a somfy junior rts motor to work? 

I have a 28 rts which works fine but the junior motors will not operate via homey. 

Thanks