This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Stable

Comments

• Pietje5 said:
    Pietje5 said:
    Has anyone used voicecomnands trough mobile app after update 1.5.3? Not working anymore for me
    problem solved ;-)

How? 
    Since the latest update, if I talk to Homey on the Android app, Homey itself answers, not via the phone.... When I'm upstairs I use the phone and I can hear the reply from downstairs... 
  • Something is going wrong on https://firmware.athom.com/ site, it shows {{changelog.version}}
  • Sir_Ray said:
    Something is going wrong on https://firmware.athom.com/ site, it shows {{changelog.version}}
    Not seeing it, can you show a screenshot of what you see (include browser etc)
  • home78 said:
    ingmar said:
    Fyi, my zwave problems are solved now. It has nothing todo with 1.5, but with devices who had bad or no reception anymore. One thing what did change is the zwave graph, actually the graph is fixed now as in the previous releases (<1.5) the graph didn't show all relations.

What I have learned is add permanent powered devices first while keeping your homey at its base location. Then add the battery devices to homey from the location where you going to put them. This can take a couple of times before it succeeds as the devices often need to communicate via the permanent powered devices. My mistake was adding all battery devices next to homey and then move them to the other side of the house, the mesh routing table isn't correct anymore and things start to fail. Thanks for the support.
    How did you manage to add (battery) devices that are too far away from Homey? Normally this is not possible because NIF-packets are not routed through permanantly powered devices. Also, every night a network heal is performed automatically which rebuilds the routing table in all devices. At least, this is what I understand from the ZWave protocol. Am I missing something here?
    Very curious here as well. I currently have the Benext tag reader with very bad reception while it very closed to a electric powered device.

but when I look in the graph, it is not connecting to that nearby located device. Which has been there for two weeks now.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited November 2017
    @home78 @quakerix
    The NIF is send via routing devices, but homey asks for way more information of the device then just the NIF during inclusion, which is the major cause for failure on larger distances. (but it can work)

The heal command is send by the controller and is different for every controller on how the manufacturer (in our case Athom) would implement it. 
    Homey works with partial heal on timeout basis.
    So if a device doesn't respond for some time it will send out an heal command to the devices that have the "lost" device in their neighbouring table.
    This significantly reduces the healing time (a full network heal can take several hours, causing the entire network to be slow as a snail)
  • caseda said:
    @home78 @quakerix
    The NIF is send via routing devices, but homey asks for way more information of the device then just the NIF during inclusion, which is the major cause for failure on larger distances. (but it can work)

The heal command is send by the controller and is different for every controller on how the manufacturer (in our case Athom) would implement it. 
    Homey works with partial heal on timeout basis.
    So if a device doesn't respond for some time it will send out an heal command to the devices that have the "lost" device in their neighbouring table.
    This significantly reduces the healing time (a full network heal can take several hours, causing the entire network to be slow as a snail)
    If I would repair the device next to a permanent-powered device (holding it very close to it). It should redirect everything and the pairing should be successful according to your explanation. 

I still need to find some time to 'debug' the issue why my tag reader isn't working properly. But I will try to play with this as well.

(btw a RETRY button on pairing. I would pay 10euro for it!)
  • Sir_Ray said:
    Something is going wrong on https://firmware.athom.com/ site, it shows {{changelog.version}}
    I am using FireFox 56.0.2 when this is happening. When using Microsoft Edge it is working correctly. I have to look where I can upload my screenshot.
  • Sir_Ray said:
    said:
    Sir_Ray said:
    I am using FireFox 56.0.2 when this is happening. When using Microsoft Edge it is working correctly. I have to look where I can upload my screenshot.
    @Sir_Ray please use chrome, athom is testing all the product in the chrome browser.
    Uploading a picture can in this comment field.
  • quakerix said:
    home78 said:
    ingmar said:
    Fyi, my zwave problems are solved now. It has nothing todo with 1.5, but with devices who had bad or no reception anymore. One thing what did change is the zwave graph, actually the graph is fixed now as in the previous releases (<1.5) the graph didn't show all relations.

What I have learned is add permanent powered devices first while keeping your homey at its base location. Then add the battery devices to homey from the location where you going to put them. This can take a couple of times before it succeeds as the devices often need to communicate via the permanent powered devices. My mistake was adding all battery devices next to homey and then move them to the other side of the house, the mesh routing table isn't correct anymore and things start to fail. Thanks for the support.
    How did you manage to add (battery) devices that are too far away from Homey? Normally this is not possible because NIF-packets are not routed through permanantly powered devices. Also, every night a network heal is performed automatically which rebuilds the routing table in all devices. At least, this is what I understand from the ZWave protocol. Am I missing something here?
    Very curious here as well. I currently have the Benext tag reader with very bad reception while it very closed to a electric powered device.

but when I look in the graph, it is not connecting to that nearby located device. Which has been there for two weeks now.

It is possible to include a new device trough a power device. This is a new feature for z-wave plus:
    https://z-wavealliance.org/z-wave_plus_certification/

So the device you want to add  needs to be z-wave plus and the routed(mains powered) device needs to e z-wave plus
  • WRos said:
    Sir_Ray said:
    said:
    Sir_Ray said:
    @Sir_Ray please use chrome, athom is testing all the product in the chrome browser.
    Uploading a picture can in this comment field.
    I cannot find the option to include the image, except for providing an url to an image. It would be very strange if a company is forcing you to use a specific browser. It should work in all when it follows standards...
  • Just drag ur image into the field u are typing in?
  • @Sir_Ray
     I agree, but not all browsers behave equal....

but to come to the point, 
    only for Homeys Web interface (https://my.athom.com) Athom  doesn't support browsers (only the desktop App) and as alternate Chrome works! (And most other not correct as this interface is very complex)

But the Firmware  site works for me in all browsers.. Chrome,  IE, Edge and FireFox. 
    (sorry, only my Firefox Portable wasn't up to date ....)

And yes, due to  Forum Issue in Announcements  you can't paste a Image only link to Images on Internet. All other Categories you can paste your Image in the Comments.

• In v1.5.5 update, I see:

[Z-Wave] Unreachable unknown nodes are now automatically removed

However, I still see a bunch of "unknown Z-Wave device.
    Is this because these can still be reached? What are they than?

Better still; from a cosmetic point of view I would like these deleted. Is that possible?

• EternityEternity Member
    edited November 2017
    I posted an issue with Aeotec sensors after updating to firmware v1.5.5 here as I am not sure where to post (Aeotec or firmware?).

Please be gentle I am merely the messenger :-)
  • Please add an option to turn off experimental updates without having to remove all my devices. 
  • daand said:
    Please add an option to turn off experimental updates without having to remove all my devices. 
    that would be cool. I think a lot of people would switch back to stable. 
  • Just turn off automatic updates, you can then choose when to upgrade to which version, whether stable or experimental :+1:
  • daand said:
    Please add an option to turn off experimental updates without having to remove all my devices. 
    quakerix said:
    daand said:
    that would be cool. I think a lot of people would switch back to stable. 
    Not possible, just like beta/stable apps in the app store. Because it's beta things can change between beta/stable and by that Athom can't guarantee the working of it. Otherwise it will do a little selection of who installs experimental so that not everyone is using experimental and is complaining when things break because it's a risk you take. 

• I was thinking of using experimental, but at least for me it warned me that I could not switch back without resetting everything, so - no thank you. 
     :s 
  • DIYglenn said:
    I was thinking of using experimental, but at least for me it warned me that I could not switch back without resetting everything, so - no thank you. 
     :s 
    I wonder if it's possible for Athom to adopt the same beta scheme as Google uses with Android: when you enable beta builds you keep receiving them until the current beta build is declared to be the next stable build. The beta option then automatically disables and you're effectively back on the stable track, until you manually choose to enable beta's again.

This allows people to switch to the beta track when it's developing/improving a feature of particular interest to them, without signing up to a lifetime of beta-bugs or having to start from scratch.

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited November 2017
    I thought that currently in beta the stable also comes by as an update.
    I've previously updated Homey from version 1.5.0 beta to 1.5.0 (or something like that).

When the user has disabled the beta setting, Homey should be updating until a stable update in the beta channel comes by an at that time follow the stable channel.
  • I thought that currently in beta the stable also comes by as an update.
    I've previously updated Homey from version 1.5.0 beta to 1.5.0 (or something like that).

When the user has disabled the beta setting, Homey should be updating until a stable update in the beta channel comes by an at that time follow the stable channel.
    Once I enable the experimental updates I can’t disable them. The tickbox can’t be unticked. 
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited November 2017
    longkai said:

Once I enable the experimental updates I can’t disable them. The tickbox can’t be unticked. 
    Correct, that's the warning you accepted when enabling experimental. You can disable auto update (the tickbox above) and only update the latest experimental before it hits stable. If you want to revert back to only stable updates this guide can be followed -> https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000041/
  • longkai said:

Correct, that's the warning you accepted when enabling experimental. You can disable auto update (the tickbox above) and only update the latest experimental before it hits stable. If you want to revert back to only stable updates this guide can be followed -> https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000041/
    The page says 'all your settings'  will be deleted. What are settings? Everything? Flows, devices, apps? 

I think many of us would go back to stable if there would be a better way.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited November 2017
    @quakerix To revert to stable you need reset to factory default, which means you lose everything, devices, settings, flows, etc.

There is a lot going on when reverting to stable, not just a number that changes, there are also a lot of changes possible in for example homeys kernel, which is not reversible without a clean slate.

There is of course a workaround, disable your auto updates.

But there is a reason that there is warning when you press the checkbox :wink:
    You either don't read it, like a lot of people hate doing, and they will have to sit on the blisters. (their own fault) 
    Or just life with the choice that they made.
  • caseda said:
    @quakerix To revert to stable you need reset to factory default, which means you lose everything, devices, settings, flows, etc.

There is a lot going on when reverting to stable, not just a number that changes, there are also a lot of changes possible in for example homeys kernel, which is not reversible without a clean slate.

There is of course a workaround, disable your auto updates.

But there is a reason that there is warning when you press the checkbox :wink:
    You either don't read it, like a lot of people hate doing, and they will have to sit on the blisters. (their own fault) 
    Or just life with the choice that they made.
    While I understand that downgrading is difficult for many reasons, I don't see why this would be the case for upgrading to the next stable. The final 1.5.5 beta should not be that different, if at all, from the 1.5.5 stable that follows.

Note that I'm not complaining about a choice I made here. (In fact, I did not make it until after my post here.) Just suggesting an improvement (in my view) that would allow a much larger audience to join and contribute to the beta process (temporarily, when it works on features they care about) because it doesn't come with such a large penalty.
  • Experimental in itself is no big guess anyway, as the biggest and most (if not all) breaking bugs are already found in the 2 steps before hand, (internal review and developers preview).

Experimental was actually before what it is now, the developers preview, so mostly for developers, to add changes in their apps if needed.
    Not for normal users.

But there were getting too many normal users that wanted that extra fix or that extra feature.

So making it even more accessible now is just unnecessary extra work for athom currently.
  • Hi all, relatively new to this forum. Can somebody point me in the right direction as to where I can find the planning for new stable releases? The last couple of weeks the Software Status thread only talks about experimental releases.
    I am waiting for at least 1.5.4 so I can use my Xiaomi Mi Zigbee stuff....
  • As long as the experimental updates are not stable (enough), there will be no stable update.

Because of this, It is very hard to say a date for this, and thus there will never be a date announced for a stable release.

So in short, you will know for sure a day or 2 before it is released to stable.
  • I get that, but it is hard to get excited about passionately announced features  in 1.5.4, 1.5.5 and even 1.5.6  while the standard user is 'stuck' in 1.5.3...
This discussion has been closed.