This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official Zigbee SDK2

[App] Xiaomi-mi ZigBee - Main discussion topic (v0.4.1)

Comments

• The Xiaomi-mi Zigbee app is available in the app store: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.xiaomi-mi

As mentioned in the readme, as well as in the inclusion information window; the older Xiaomi sensors need to be kept awake during inclusion. Keep pressing the button every 5 seconds until inclusion is successfull.

Some additional notes:
    The Aqara human body sensor re-triggers motion alarm every 5 seconds if motion is still present.
    Motion alarm cancellation time can be set in the device settings, default at 300 seconds (5 minutes).

The Aqara human body sensor as well as both door/sensors show a battery level indicator as well as an battery alarm icon. Battery reports are not working yet; I kept these icons (capabilities) linked to the devices to prevent re-pairing when we do get the battery reports working...
    If there will be too many questions on this, I will remove them and re-add them when battery reporting is working...
  • Idus said:
    Is there any plans on adding their larger buttons as well? Got two on a whim and they are really nice and at a really nice price i.e.

Would be awesome to have the Xiaomi family working with Homey. :)
    @Idus We are looking into adding all available Xiaomi Zigbee devices to this app... 
    Please keep in mind that due to the lack of documentation on Xiaomi's Zigbee implementation, this requires quite some reverse engineering (checking other platform implementations) to get all these devices working...
    RuudvB said:
    I see you guys have been working successfully; great job so far!

I'm very interested in the curtain motor options

The quality/price combination looks very promising. I would like to order a sample for testing, question is what to buy the ZigBee or WiFi version...?

Since the homey Xiaomi / Zigbee app seems well on its way, what will be the chance to support also the curtain motors?
    Thanks! They indeed look quite promising.
    @sprut currently has one of these curtain motors, is testing them and is looking into adding a driver for them...
    From what I understood, it is quite a nice build quality and noise levels are low...
  • Guys please mind the differences regarding the motion sensors (using names from xiaomi-mi.com):

Xiaomi Smart Home Aqara Human Body Sensor:
    • alarm_motion + luminance
    • supported in current app
    Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Occupancy Sensor (older version):
    • alarm_motion only
    • not yet supported (hope to be able to add soon)
    Note: you can recognize the Aqara version by the white button at the side of the PIR 

The older versions has a pinhole button next to the PIR...

• @TedTolboom and all others that have contributed to this app, many thanks and great job!!
  • I got the door/window sensor two months ago for around 10 euro, it's nice and small.
    Now it works great with Homey!
    It took a few times to get it paired, but after keep pressing the button every 2 seconds (not 5) it worked!
    Thanks for this app, great work!
  • Just picked up some Mijia Xiomi temp/humi-sensors and thought I'd pair them with the app. The device icon is for the Aqara device, but the pairing-image is for the Mijia device (round button), but it pairs as an unknown device.
    Are the two interchangeable? it's the same model as in comment in the source-code for the device "sens".

Also, let me know if I can send over some logs.
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited November 2017
    durd said:
    Just picked up some Mijia Xiomi temp/humi-sensors and thought I'd pair them with the app. The device icon is for the Aqara device, but the pairing-image is for the Mijia device (round button), but it pairs as an unknown device.
    Are the two interchangeable? it's the same model as in comment in the source-code for the device "sens".

@durd the Mijia temperature/humidity sensor is not yet supported...
    and is therefore not included into the app manifest resulting in an unknown device...

For this device to work, I’m awaiting an required update of the meshdriver from Athom.
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    edited November 2017
    @TedTolboom
    Just found this at ali: Xiaomi Mijia aqara Smart door lock ,Digital Touch Screen Keyless Fingerprint+Password. Works on Zigbee. link
    Looks quite solid and fingerprint would be perfect. Possible downside, thickness almost 24mm. Not sure if it works with standard European locks.

Anyone possible experiences?
  • nice lock! 
  • durd said:
    Just picked up some Mijia Xiomi temp/humi-sensors and thought I'd pair them with the app. The device icon is for the Aqara device, but the pairing-image is for the Mijia device (round button), but it pairs as an unknown device.

and is therefore not included into the app manifest resulting in an unknown device...

For this device to work, I’m awaiting an required update of the meshdriver from Athom.
    Did Robin say if he has to concider this change, Or is it only a matter of WHEN it will be done?
  • Priknr1 said:
    durd said:

Did Robin say if he has to concider this change, Or is it only a matter of WHEN it will be done?
    @Priknr1 it is work in progress (work in testing in fact)....
  • MarkVanWindenMarkVanWinden Member
    edited November 2017
    Good job so far,

Was hoping that: https://www.banggood.com/New-Arrival-Original-Xiaomi-Mini-Smart-Home-Temperature-and-Humidity-Sensor-White-p-1046061.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN would work since its the same in the picture  when you try to link it in homey.. but looks like it still work in progress. :)

keep up the good work!
  • Good job so far,

Was hoping that: https://www.banggood.com/New-Arrival-Original-Xiaomi-Mini-Smart-Home-Temperature-and-Humidity-Sensor-White-p-1046061.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN would work since its the same in the picture  when you try to link it in homey.. but looks like it still work in progress. :)

keep up the good work!
    OK... that's a bug... let's see if I can fix both this evening... ;-P
  • Version 0.1.1 has been submitted to the app store:

Changelog:
    v 0.1.1
    * Wireless Switch (round) - Add 'Key Held' and 'Key released' triggers
    * Aqara Weather sensor - Add correct learn picture
    * All devices - Update inclusion instructions

@MarkVanWinden already had the icon prepared  ;)

Next update v 0.1.2 will most likely add support for the Temperature / Humidity sensor and Xiaomi Occupancy sensor

• Version 0.1.1 has been submitted to the app store:

Changelog:
    v 0.1.1
    * Wireless Switch (round) - Add 'Key Held' and 'Key released' triggers
    * Aqara Weather sensor - Add correct learn picture
    * All devices - Update inclusion instructions

@MarkVanWinden already had the icon prepared  ;)

Next update v 0.1.2 will most likely add support for the Temperature / Humidity sensor and Xiaomi Occupancy sensor

Awesome stuff again, really hope those 1st gen Xiaomi sensor will work as well so I can ditch my gateway -> domoticz -> Homey solution and just stick to Homey!
  • captkiwicaptkiwi Member
    edited November 2017
    Iam having troubles with the Xiaomi Wireless Switch.. NOT the Aqara version
    After the app got updated to v0.1.1 the connection has been lost with the flow.

I have tried the following;
    1. Rebooting homey and looking if the connection got re-established
    2. removing the device and re-paired the switch again.
    None of the above made the flow work again with the xiaomi wireless switch. 
    The re-pairing worked flawless, but the trigger of the button is not detected by homey and is not executing the flow.
    All other sensor like the aqara temperature sensor and the xiaomi door/window sensor work perfect.

any ideas ?
  • captkiwi said:
    Iam having troubles with the Xiaomi Wireless Switch.. NOT the Aqara version
    After the app got updated to v0.1.1 the connection has been lost with the flow.

I have tried the following;
    1. Rebooting homey and looking if the connection got re-established
    2. removing the device and re-paired the switch again.
    None of the above made the flow work again with the xiaomi wireless switch. 
    The re-pairing worked flawless, but the trigger of the button is not detected by homey and is not executing the flow.
    All other sensor like the aqara temperature sensor and the xiaomi door/window sensor work perfect.

any ideas ?
    At what distance are you using the Wireless Switch from Homey?
    Can you check it the switch starts reporting at a closer distance to Homey?

I'm using a 200ms timeout to distinguish between 'Key Pressed 1 time' and 'Key Held' reports... this might be too short to compensate network / distance latency.

Can you check this by changing the triggerCard to the token card and log the output to e.g. SimpleLog?
    I also observe some duplicate triggers, which I might need to filter out...
  • captkiwicaptkiwi Member
    edited November 2017
    did the pairing about 3 meters away from homey. 
    Normally the switch operates from a distance of 12 meters away.
    i also changed the cr2032 cell battery to make sure it has enough transmitting power.

UPDATE: 
    I have changed the card into "A button has been pressed" instead of a scene has been activated "pressed 1x" this made the wireless button work again. 

WORKING:

SOMETIMES / NOT WORKING:
    Button returning to the scene card with the following options: 
     1x pressed, 2x pressed  3x pressed or 4x pressed have difficulties to get detected by homey.

The options "Held down" & "Released" did work   

• @captkiwi thanks for reporting back...I did some testing myself...
    when the switch is used within ~5 meters distance of Homey, no latency or duplicate reporting is visible.

When used at a larger distance, I start to see duplicate reports and a delayed response between the press and release reports. Triggering as 'Held down' and 'released' instead of 'pressed 1 time'.

It is possible to further increase the time(out) detection between 'press' and 'release' reports which is distinguishing between 'key held' and 'key pressed 1 time'... but then the action card is still triggered still multiple times due to the duplicate reports...

Let me check how to solve these 2 issues.
  • When I try to install the App, I get a message stating that it is not supported on my Homey version. Do I need to be on the beta version for this?
  • Mecallie said:
    When I try to install the App, I get a message stating that it is not supported on my Homey version. Do I need to be on the beta version for this?
    For this app to work, it indeed depends on a updated Homey SW release: >=1.5.4, currently in experimental channel
  • Gearbest has some nice offers right now (this week) on the Xiaomi stuff. Just orderd 4x the Xiaomi Smart Home Aqara Human Body Sensor and 2x the Agara Window/Door sensor for about €41,50 :)
  • Can anyone tell me if Gearbest are lowering their prices more on 11/11 or have they started their sales already?

Second - I itend to buy som battery driven units of Xiaomi. They can´t do mesh. Is the reach between Homey and PIR, doorsensors from Xiaomi aqara serie good enough? My house is pretty complexed build.
  • Can anyone tell me if Gearbest are lowering their prices more on 11/11 or have they started their sales already?

Second - I itend to buy som battery driven units of Xiaomi. They can´t do mesh. Is the reach between Homey and PIR, doorsensors from Xiaomi aqara serie good enough? My house is pretty complexed build.
    Good question... I'm also interested how Zigbee handles this.... Anyone have experiences?

BTW, I'm not a big fan of gearbest; last delivery took 4 months.... I prefer Aliexpress + Banggood
  • RuudvB said:
    Can anyone tell me if Gearbest are lowering their prices more on 11/11 or have they started their sales already?

Good question... I'm also interested how Zigbee handles this.... Anyone have experiences?

BTW, I'm not a big fan of gearbest; last delivery took 4 months.... I prefer Aliexpress + Banggood
    First order of Xiaomi zigbee devices on 26 october and recieved the first package yesterday from Gearbest :) Zigbee can still do mesh but needs devices that are not battery powered just like z-wave to extend the mesh
  • RuudvB said:
    Can anyone tell me if Gearbest are lowering their prices more on 11/11 or have they started their sales already?

I have the Xiaomi door/windows sensor ( non Aqara version) and it works great with Homey.
    I tested it on the 2nd floor (homey on the ground floor) and it still worked fine!
    Think i will order some more of these or the Aqara version, they are nice small and cheap!
    Hope the next version of the app will give battery status for them  working to.
  • @TedTolboom
    Today I have ordered a bundle of Zigbee MI devices. Under which a curtain rail and motor for testing.
    Since you seem quite busy to me, if you ever find the time to implement the curtain motors I'll be happy to do some testing :)
  • Oh Nice! I 
  • RuudvB said:
    @TedTolboom
    Today I have ordered a bundle of Zigbee MI devices. Under which a curtain rail and motor for testing.
    Since you seem quite busy to me, if you ever find the time to implement the curtain motors I'll be happy to do some testing :)
    @RuudvB much appreciated...
    Yes, the curtain motor is on the list to be added. @sprut also has one and is looking into creating a driver for it.

Main challenge is that the ZigBee communication protocol as implemented by Xiaomi is not documented.
    So part of the work is looking to the communication of these devices with Wireshark and a ZigBee sniffer USB stick..
This discussion has been closed.