This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[NEW] Netgear router app

Comments

• ARJARJ Member
    edited November 2017
    @gruijter_dev ; After the update the app works great for the WNDR4500v2 !!

• Pfew, good to hear at least one other type is working now  :p
  • erikmmerikmm Member
    edited November 2017
    R6250 now works  :)

Removed app, restartet Homey, installed app, configured app and looks like it works now  :)
  • Thx for sharing the good news @erikmm ; :D
  • Not working on my R9000 :(
  • migge said:
    Not working on my R9000 :(

Firmware=V1.0.2.40WW RegionTag=R9000_WW Region=ww Model=R9000 InternetConnectionStatus=Down ParentalControlSupported=1 SOAPVersion=3.18 ReadyShareSupportedLevel=29 XCloudSupported=1
  • migge said:
    migge said:
    Not working on my R9000 :(

Firmware=V1.0.2.40WW RegionTag=R9000_WW Region=ww Model=R9000 InternetConnectionStatus=Down ParentalControlSupported=1 SOAPVersion=3.18 ReadyShareSupportedLevel=29 XCloudSupported=1

Using my router as an ap only. is that the issue?
  • @migge my app only makes sense if the netgear is operating as dhcp server / router mode.
  • WouterNLDWouterNLD Member
    edited November 2017
    matrover said:
    Tried the 0.0.6 version on Orbi RBR50 firmware:V2.0.0.74

port 5000: 
    Error: Wrong Ip or SOAP port
    Log: 
    2017-11-06T20:41:49.328Z save button pressed in frontend 
    2017-11-06T20:41:49.346Z using as router address: 192.168.2.1 
    2017-11-06T20:41:49.372Z login error Error: wrong IP or wrong SOAP port at _makeRequest.then.catch (/netgear.js:215:14) at at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

Port80: 
    Error: 
    invalid response code from router: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <m:AuthenticateResponse xmlns:m="urn:NETGEAR-ROUTER:service:ParentalControl:1"></m:AuthenticateResponse>
    <ResponseCode>404</ResponseCode>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
    Log:
    2017-11-06T20:43:29.271Z save button pressed in frontend 
    2017-11-06T20:43:29.290Z using as router address: 192.168.2.1 
    2017-11-06T20:43:29.360Z {} 
    2017-11-06T20:43:29.411Z login error Error: invalid response code from router: 404 at IncomingMessage.res.on (/netgear.js:515:14) at emitNone (events.js:111:20) at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7) at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1056:12) at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)
    Same on my Orbi. Thanks for helping out!

Port 80. Error:
    invalid response code from router: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <m:AuthenticateResponse xmlns:m="urn:NETGEAR-ROUTER:service:ParentalControl:1"></m:AuthenticateResponse>
    <ResponseCode>404</ResponseCode>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Log:
    2017-11-07T12:45:34.503Z save button pressed in frontend 
    2017-11-07T12:45:34.513Z using as router address: 192.168.71.1 
    2017-11-07T12:45:34.615Z login error Error: invalid response code from router: 404 at IncomingMessage.res.on (/netgear.js:515:14) at emitNone (events.js:111:20) at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7) at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1056:12) at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)
    2017-11-07T12:45:34.659Z {} 

Since the error contained 'ParentalControl' I've made sure it was disabled when I tried.
  • @migge my app only makes sense if the netgear is operating as dhcp server / router mode.

gruijter_dev said:
    @migge my app only makes sense if the netgear is operating as dhcp server / router m
    @gruijter_dev
    I changed my R9000 to router mode but i still get username/password incorrect.

Firmware=V1.0.2.40WW RegionTag=R9000_WW Region=ww Model=R9000 InternetConnectionStatus=Up ParentalControlSupported=1 SOAPVersion=3.18 ReadyShareSupportedLevel=29 XCloudSupported=1
  • @WouterNLD @migge Thx both for trying.

Concerning the Orbi: I got some great input from @matrover. He captured the soap communication for me, and that is really helpful in finding out what needs to be done.

Concerning the R9000: Interesting that you get username/password incorrect. That means you do not get a responsecode 404 like the other routertypes that do not work. Maybe you could try to uninstall the app, reboot homey, disable/enable Homey from genie, and reinstall the app. This eventually worked for @erikmm.

• Thanks @gruijter_dev, it didnt work, i´ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling/rebooting and even factory resetting.
    Perhaps some new update will fix this issue. :)
  • cbhcbh Member
    edited November 2017
    Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 working fine with v.0.0.7 - including device on-/offline.

Are you planning to make flowcards available to the "AND"-column?
    Would be awesome if flows could be initiated by other conditions and then executed depending on whether a specific device is on- or offline :-)

Addition:
    Usecases (e.g.):
    - Sort of integration of my Miele products (they are using a proprietary standard), but if nothing else, some "dumb" flows using online-status can be made
    - Check if a Sonos-unit is online and turn it on, if for some case it isn't and should be, and change status accordingly :-)
  • gruijter_devgruijter_dev Member
    edited November 2017
     Thx for the feedback @cbh !  I will put your request for condition flow cards on my todo list.  :)
  • @cbh: new version with condition card is on github :)
    edited November 2017
    v0.0.8 was just released in the appstore as beta. It adds a presence condition flow card, and makes flow cards 'autocomplete'.

Router types that have been reported to work are: WNDR4500v2, R6250, R7000 and R8000  <3

Please drop a message in this forum if you have another router type that works.

• just some screenshots of the stable release version 1 (coming up in the appstore SOON)

• @gruijter_dev After this update the status of the internet connection seems wrong. Device says 'no internet", but my internet is fine. Downoad and upload speed and also number of connection are right.
    Any idea?
    edited November 2017
    Hi @ARJ I do not see any weird stuff in the code changes I made. Could you check the following:
    * What is the response when you go to http://routerlogin.net/currentsetting.htm
    * Do you get any errors in the log that occur every minute or so? If so, what is the error?
    * Can you check in the device settings what is entered there. If it is the IP address, try changing it to routerlogin.net and vice versa. FYI: Having an IP address there is more robust then having the url.
  • To all.
    I have put in a lot of time trying to make orbi, r7800 and r9000 to work. Also with great help of some users. But it seems that all devices that have their soap port on 80 have a problem with my app. It is practically impossible for me to find the cause without actually hooking one up to my development Homey. :(

So if anyone is willing to send me one I can give it another try. :|
  • To all.
    I have put in a lot of time trying to make orbi, r7800 and r9000 to work. Also with great help of some users. But it seems that all devices that have their soap port on 80 have a problem with my app. It is practically impossible for me to find the cause without actually hooking one up to my development Homey. :(

So if anyone is willing to send me one I can give it another try. :|
    Thanks again for your effort @gruiter_dev
  • Just an example on a flow using the app:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/62308/#Comment_62308

And:
    The "autocomplete" feature showing devices (online? known?) is awesome!!!
    Let that be the new standard in each and every field in any form in the entire universe!
  • Cool, thx for sharing :p
  • Sorry @gruijter_dev : resetting my router once did the trick.
  • Ok, no problem. Thx for letting me know!
  • To all,

Because I was so frustrated that my app didn't work for some of you, I decided to buy a R7800 myself. After a whole lot of trial-and-error I finally managed to make this device work, without breaking the R7000 support! (And believe me, Netgear made such a mess of their soap interface that making it work for multiple router types is really tough  :s)

I have good hope that the changes I made also work for R9000 and Orbi and others (note: for these routers you have to set the soap port to 80 during pairing). I hope I was able to keep the support in for the older types like the WDNR4500 and the R6250.

So please let me know which router types now work (and which don't :# ). I can myself definitely confirm R7000 and R7800 to work.

The new version 1.1.0 will be released as beta in the app store as soon as Athom approves it.
  • Brilliant! Just configured an Orbi system successfully using port 80! 

Many thanks @gruijter_dev
  • Super, pfew :p Im really glad it finally works now!
  • A big step futher! 

The Orbi RBR50 can be added but the value's stay blank: 

the log says: 
    2017-11-26T20:17:44.122Z updateRouterDeviceState error: Error: Error: Invalid character in entity name Line: 227 Column: 21 Char: at parseString (/netgear.js:385:15) at Parser. (/node_modules/xml2js/lib/parser.js:307:18) at emitOne (events.js:116:13) at Parser.emit (events.js:211:7) at SAXParser.onerror (/node_modules/xml2js/lib/parser.js:122:26) at emit (/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:624:35) at error (/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:653:5) at strictFail (/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:677:7) at SAXParser.write (/node_modules/sax/lib/sax.js:1491:13) at Parser.exports.Parser.Parser.parseString (/node_modules/xml2js/lib/parser.js:322:31)
  • Ok, do you have a diffetent orbi from @WouterNLD ? He didnt report a problem.

Do you have weird devicenames attached to your router maybe ( I mean names with non standard characters)?