This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

[APP] Xiaomi Mi Home (supports Yeelights and Mi Home WiFi devices)

Comments

• @Phuturist just read your message that you removed support for the vacuum cleaner in the latest version.  I was shocked and checked the version on my homey and it still has the 'old' version so disabled updates just to be sure. But could you please leave it in your app because for me it still works even with the new (old) update. 
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited November 2017
    wingie said:
    @Phuturist just read your message that you removed support for the vacuum cleaner in the latest version.  I was shocked and checked the version on my homey and it still has the 'old' version so disabled updates just to be sure. But could you please leave it in your app because for me it still works even with the new (old) update. 
    Would you be willing to test the a SDK2 beta release (v2.2.0) which still has support for the Mi Robot. You are at risk of loosing support for the Mi Robot altogether though. The SDK2 app requires you to repair the Mi Robot, something I was not able to do anymore  while testing the SDK2 rewrite due to time outs of the Mi Robot on every command.

Believe me, I would really like to support the Mi Robot, it was the first device which I hooked up to Homey myself by writing an app for it. Loosing support suck, but it also sucks having to answer support questions why the app says the device is supported while it actually isnt.

If you are willing to test it and you get it to work I'll re-add the device in the stable release for the SDK2 rewrite. Here is the 2.3.1 beta release which includes the Mi Robot driver: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio/tree/beta

Click the download button, do a CLI install and see if you can repair your Mi Robot.
  • Phuturist said:

You can submit an issue in my GitHub repo for adding a restore action card to be used with switch on. It's not available by default in the Yeelight api but I have some idea on how to fix this in the Yeelight. It's low priority for now though.
    I have made a small workaround before switching the light off, I set it to a specific color. The same color as set for the default state. This works fine and then there is no need for a restore card.
    Thanks for your efforts.
  • RuudvB said:
    Phuturist said:

You can submit an issue in my GitHub repo for adding a restore action card to be used with switch on. It's not available by default in the Yeelight api but I have some idea on how to fix this in the Yeelight. It's low priority for now though.
    I have made a small workaround before switching the light off, I set it to a specific color. The same color as set for the default state. This works fine and then there is no need for a restore card.
    Thanks for your efforts.
    How did you find what your default colour is? I've tried to emulate the colour I have set in the app and I can't match it (im very particular so want a perfectly warm white that suits the room...)
  • @Phuturist
    To bad you had to drop the vacuum robot support,  as I bought one last week. Great device, nice to program a schedule and great cleaning.
    Any possibility that support might be reintroduced in a future version?
  • vaderag said:
    RuudvB said:
    Phuturist said:

Thanks for your efforts.
    How did you find what your default colour is? I've tried to emulate the colour I have set in the app and I can't match it (im very particular so want a perfectly warm white that suits the room...)
    Yes, that took me a little while also. First set the Yeelight to the desired color. Then save this setting to a favorite. Once done, go to the favorites and see there is the color coding below the name you have chosen. 
    This of course in the Yeelight app.
  • KeepT said:
    @Phuturist
    To bad you had to drop the vacuum robot support,  as I bought one last week. Great device, nice to program a schedule and great cleaning.
    Any possibility that support might be reintroduced in a future version?
    Maybe if the Mi Robot firmware is upgraded or the author of the library I use to communicate with the miio devices finds a solution to the problem. Little chance though, a new Mi Robot has just been released so I'm guessing updates for the 1st generation Mi Robot are not very likely.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited November 2017

Latest version - 2017-11-06 -- v2.3.1

If you are in the stable channel and you update from version 2.1.2 this update requires you to re-pair the Yeelights and Air Purifier and will drop support for the Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner.

• UPDATE: code rewrite for SDK2
    • UPDATE: made use of official donation button feature of Homey app store
    • REMOVED: driver for the Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner since it's not working anymore with the latest firmware update of the cleaner (if you still want to use/try it you can do a local install from the beta branch on GitHub)
    • NEW: changed Yeelight driver to support Yeelight LED strip (require repairing of **ALL** Yeelight devices)
    • NEW: added extra action cards for Yeelights: Change brightness over time, Custom command (advanced), Set default on state, Temperature/brightness scene, Color/brightness scene
    • NEW: added support for the default dim over time action card for Yeelights
    • NEW: added support for Yeelight Bedside Lamp II (WiFi) and Yeelight Ceiling Light
    • IMPROVEMENT: switched from custom capability for air quality to the new default pm2.5 capability for the Air Purifier (requires repairing of the air purifier)
  • Do you know if you'll be able to support the Xiaomi Aqara Zigbee switches - looking for something like this as an additional control for my Yeelights! Thanks
  • vaderag said:
    Do you know if you'll be able to support the Xiaomi Aqara Zigbee switches - looking for something like this as an additional control for my Yeelights! Thanks
    @vaderag already supported, but in a seperate Xiaomi-mi Zigbee app, see: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.xiaomi-mi
  • vaderag said:
    Do you know if you'll be able to support the Xiaomi Aqara Zigbee switches - looking for something like this as an additional control for my Yeelights! Thanks
    @vaderag already supported, but in a seperate Xiaomi-mi Zigbee app, see: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.xiaomi-mi
    Oh, superb - missed that!

Cheers
  • I have just installend the latest version (v2.3.1) and notice something is still an issue. (I am using the yeelight Led bulb color).
    This is what happens: When I turn off the light with a normal switch the light off and is obiously not available in Homey. So far so good. However, when I turn it back on, it does not come online. Only when I turn it on and off another time I see that the light becomes available again in Homey.
    It looks as if everytime I turn off the light, only after a second time I can see it and work with flows and control it with Homey.
    Interestingly, when I use the the Yeelight native app it always works.
  • Oskar said:
    I have just installend the latest version (v2.3.1) and notice something is still an issue. (I am using the yeelight Led bulb color).
    This is what happens: When I turn off the light with a normal switch the light off and is obiously not available in Homey. So far so good. However, when I turn it back on, it does not come online. Only when I turn it on and off another time I see that the light becomes available again in Homey.
    It looks as if everytime I turn off the light, only after a second time I can see it and work with flows and control it with Homey.
    I have to look into this as I'm not seeing this behavior myself. I also use a regular switch to power down the light but it always comes online when powering on again. Have you re-paired your lights after the update?
  • Phuturist said:
    Oskar said:
    I have just installend the latest version (v2.3.1) and notice something is still an issue. (I am using the yeelight Led bulb color).
    I have to look into this as I'm not seeing this behavior myself. I also use a regular switch to power down the light but it always comes online when powering on again. Have you re-paired your lights after the update?
    I have re-added them to Homey after the new version. I have not repaired to the yeelight app as I could not see why that would make a difference as it working fine there.

• Oskar said:
    Phuturist said:
    Oskar said:
    I have re-added them to Homey after the new version. I have not repaired to the yeelight app as I could not see why that would make a difference as it working fine there.

OK, would you be willing to troubleshoot this. I could create an app that logs info to the console but you would have to run the app from command line. Are you comfortable with that?
  • RuudvB said:
    vaderag said:
    RuudvB said:
    Phuturist said:

Thanks for your efforts.
    Yes, that took me a little while also. First set the Yeelight to the desired color. Then save this setting to a favorite. Once done, go to the favorites and see there is the color coding below the name you have chosen. 
    Just been looking at this and under the colour in favourite I have "Colour Temp: 3200"
    So how do I translate that into a card in Homey?
  • vaderag said:
    RuudvB said:

Just been looking at this and under the colour in favourite I have "Colour Temp: 3200"
    So how do I translate that into a card in Homey?
    I just checked the Yeelight app. My test favorite shows: Color: 255, 153, 0
    Maybe you have put in a color temp while saving to a favorite? I think I just used the color picker...
  • Phuturist said:
    Oskar said:
    Phuturist said:
    Oskar said:

OK, would you be willing to troubleshoot this. I could create an app that logs info to the console but you would have to run the app from command line. Are you comfortable with that?
    I considered pulling the power plug and restarting homey the hard way.
    It now works as expected.
    thank you.
  • Managed to get the mi purifier 2 working once with all the values like pm2.5,humidity and temp. (strangely enough without custom polling times), but after I accidentally removed the device from the device list in Homey and tried to reconnect with the same token and static IP it wasn't able to connect anymore. Repeated the steps to aquire a new token after a full device reset but still without any effect with the new token. I even tried to reinstall this app, also without any luck
  • Stevos said:
    Managed to get the mi purifier 2 working once with all the values like pm2.5,humidity and temp. (strangely enough without custom polling times), but after I accidentally removed the device from the device list in Homey and tried to reconnect with the same token and static IP it wasn't able to connect anymore. Repeated the steps to aquire a new token after a full device reset but still without any effect with the new token. I even tried to reinstall this app, also without any luck
    What is the error shown in the pairing wizard?
  • For some reason it works now after the 10th try to add the device. I didn't change the procedure. I did however recopied the token and removed the spaces again. Nothing new actually
  • There was no particular error. When testing, the connection seems ok, and values likepm2.5, humidity and temp. are not shown, but you can enter any IP and it will return the same thing. 
  • Stevos said:
    There was no particular error. When testing, the connection seems ok, and values likepm2.5, humidity and temp. are not shown, but you can enter any IP and it will return the same thing. 
    Ok, that is something I have to look into.
  • ...upon further use I've noticed some speed settings in the flow cards do not work. LOW-MEDIUM-HIGH all do nothing. I guess it has something to do with the "favourite mode" Other speeds like QIUET/SLEEP, AUTO and STAND-BY work fine though
  • Stevos said:
    ...upon further use I've noticed some speed settings in the flow cards do not work. LOW-MEDIUM-HIGH all do nothing. I guess it has something to do with the "favourite mode" Other speeds like QIUET/SLEEP, AUTO and STAND-BY work fine though
    I checked the code for this. There is nothing wrong with the code but perhaps there is something wrong with the documentation which I based the app on (I dont own the device myself). Do you have any technical skills to check which modes are supported using the documentation here: https://github.com/aholstenson/miio
  • Phuturist said:
    Stevos said:
    ...upon further use I've noticed some speed settings in the flow cards do not work. LOW-MEDIUM-HIGH all do nothing. I guess it has something to do with the "favourite mode" Other speeds like QIUET/SLEEP, AUTO and STAND-BY work fine though
    I checked the code for this. There is nothing wrong with the code but perhaps there is something wrong with the documentation which I based the app on (I dont own the device myself). Do you have any technical skills to check which modes are supported using the documentation here: https://github.com/aholstenson/miio
    I'm sorry, but I really don't know what to look for  :#
  • Is the vacuum robot supported? Thanks
  • snip3r77 said:
    Is the vacuum robot supported? Thanks
    The latest firmware update of the robot broke support and I have removed the driver from the app. You could still try and see if it works for you if you know how to do a local install. The beta branch on Github still contains the driver.

Here is the 2.3.1 beta release which includes the Mi Robot driver: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.xiaomi-miio/tree/beta
  • Are there any plans to be able to work with the Cameras?
    I have just got a Dafang and it's not bad, but it would be cool to be able to switch on motion detection once I arm the alarm and switch it off once the alarm is off...
  • vaderag said:
    Are there any plans to be able to work with the Cameras?
    I have just got a Dafang and it's not bad, but it would be cool to be able to switch on motion detection once I arm the alarm and switch it off once the alarm is off...
    I'm not even sure these devices use the miio protocol for motion detection and generic alarm. But even so, the library I'm using to communicate with the miio WiFi devices is not actively maintained anymore so there is little chance. It's more likely that Homey support for these device will stop all together now the Mi Robot is not supported anymore due to the firmware upgrade (which is the only miio device I own myself) and the app will continue as Yeelight app (which I do own but I created the driver for myself).
This discussion has been closed.