This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
tradfri

Ikea Tradfri smart light products

Comments

• @PacoS
    Yes, looks lik you have the new Dimmable (without changing color temparature)

The product ID of your light is already in a fix on Github, (https://github.com/athombv/com.ikea.tradfri/tree/device/dimmable-gu10)  
    I guess they want to release several fixed at once and are first internally reviewing and testing the fixes before they pus them to the App store. 
    so please be patient, support is on it's way.
  • @PacoS

The product ID of your light is already in a fix on Github, (https://github.com/athombv/com.ikea.tradfri/tree/device/dimmable-gu10)  
    I guess they want to release several fixed at once and are first internally reviewing and testing the fixes before they pus them to the App store. 

Ok thanks for the update. I will be patient :)
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited September 2017
    Just a practical experience when installing Tradfri GU10 dimmable leds (type 003.182.92). I bought 3 to put together into one “standup” lamp body (armature). Discovered that after placing all three in one time, only the first one will be connected to Homey. In that case Homey doesnot see the other two. Solution? Just place the leds one by one. When the first one is connected, take it out and put the second one at its final place, and so on. Final result is great!
  • JanH said:
    Just a practical experience when installing Tradfri GU10 dimmable leds (type 003.182.92). I bought 3 to put together into one “standup” lamp body (armature). Discovered that after placing all three in one time, only the first one will be connected to Homey. In that case Homey doesnot see the other two. Solution? Just place the leds one by one. When the first one is connected, take it out and put the second one at its final place, and so on. Final result is great!
    It is possible by adding them 1 by 1.
    Not all in 1 time. So after paring, remove the pared light and continue with the next
  • @epjjansen that’s exactly what I tried to advice
  • JanH said:
    @epjjansen that’s exactly what I tried to advice
    Guess you are a professional like I am, and throw away the three manuals to start experimenting.

they state in one picture and  28 languages: 
     ;-)   :)
  • I have installed the 1.2.0 beta app and the TRADFRI bulb E14 opal 400lm 5.3Watt Pear shape is recognized properly and works like a charm. I can turn it on/off and dimm it.
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited September 2017
    @GeurtDijker you’re dam*** right!. So needless advice, if one would not had that bad habbit like me  :)
  • Is it possible to add the:
    - TRADFRI 5 Button Remote
    - TRADFRI Motion Sensor

before i buy this i want to know that in case that homey won't work i can use it by hand 

the app page of the Ikea app gives all the answers you need

• Supported Devices

• TRADFRI bulb E27 opal 980lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E27 opal 1000lm
    • TRADFRI bulb GU10 400lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E12 opal 400lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E14 opal 400lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E26 clear 950lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E26 opal 980lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E27 clear 950lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E26 1000lm
    • TRADFRI Rotating Dimmer
    • Unsupported Devices

• TRADFRI 5 Button Remote
      • TRADFRI Motion Sensor
    I would like the Motion Sensor added. In my opinion this would be a great enhancement for the Homey system.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited October 2017
    hansje said:
    Is it possible to add the:
    - TRADFRI 5 Button Remote
    - TRADFRI Motion Sensor

before i buy this i want to know that in case that homey won't work i can use it by hand 

the app page of the Ikea app gives all the answers you need

• Supported Devices

• TRADFRI bulb E27 opal 980lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E27 opal 1000lm
    • TRADFRI bulb GU10 400lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E12 opal 400lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E14 opal 400lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E26 clear 950lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E26 opal 980lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E27 clear 950lm
    • TRADFRI bulb E26 1000lm
    • TRADFRI Rotating Dimmer
    • Unsupported Devices

• TRADFRI 5 Button Remote
      • TRADFRI Motion Sensor
    I would like the Motion Sensor added. In my opinion this would be a great enhancement for the Homey system.
    Well Athom is still working on it, in the beta version of Ikea they already added new bulbs. You can always pull the sourcecode and add the driver yourself for the motion sensor so Athom only needs to approve it and can push it to the app store. There are several motion sensors (Fibaro, Neo, Hue etc) that are supported that could be used :) 

• PacoS said:
    @PacoS

Ok thanks for the update. I will be patient :)
    And it works after the last update 1.2.2. :)
    Thanks !!
  • Question, why is not the option to pair with the GW there, same as Hass.io does it..
  • With GW you mean gateway? Homey tries to control all devices without extra gateways, if the lights can be controlled without a gateway why would one use that? But if you'd still like to use the gateway you could always make an app, presuming there's an API.
  • I was thinking of the firmware upgrading for the devices, this is handled by the gateway today.. but I get the point of having no middleman.. 
  • I have a question regarding the Tradfri zigbee bulbs.

I have several of them and have problems controlling them, often they do not respond on a flow i created,
    For example i have a flow called dim all light, in this flow all dimmable lights are set to a specific dimming level.

When i run this flow sometimes 1 or 2 ikea bulbs do not respond (they have then a red triangle in the flow card), the bulbs which do not respond variate, so eachtime this can be an other bulb.

I was thinking about creating a control flow which checks the current dinning level and if not correct set it to the level it should be, but i discovered that it is not possible to read the current setting of the bulb, there is no flow card to do this, only if the bulb is on or off, not the dimming it is using.

I know it is possible to read the current dimming level of a zwave device bu i am not sure if this is possible with a zigbee device.

Is this a zigbee disadvantage or just not present in the app to read the current dimming level of the light bulb?
  • Today my first defective TRÅDFRI Led-lamp GU10 400 lumen.
    Could not turn off anymore, the tunable light swithed the yellow LEDs off but kept the White on. 
    (1 out of 3, within 3 weeks after buying)
    Exchanged at IKEA.
    (just for the record if it happens anyone else ;-) )
  • MrlokiMrloki Member
    edited October 2017
    I can't get the Tradfri lights to reset in order to pair them with homey.

I bought the Tradfri gu10 dimmable lights last week. At first got them paired with the rotating dimmer. 

After a week I found some time to try and connect both the dimmer and the lights to the homey and control them through a flow (which someone posted here earlier).  However I can't reset the lights anymore using the normal reset procedure. After an hour of trying to reset the gu10 lights I tried to reset the E27 dimmable bulb and was also unable to do so.

After trying to reset the RGB bulb it reset in one try. The problem seems to be related to the cheaper white lights both E27 and gu10.
    Bought these at different times and different stores. 

Tried calling IKEA customer service but after being on hold for 30 minutes I stopped. Will try and contact them later. 

Anyone else having this problem?

*edit* 

Just contacted the customer service of IKEA. Unfortunately they are unable to be of any assistance. The only solution they provide is to connect the lights to another IKEA remote or return the lights. Probably will have the same problem when I return the lights. Seems like you can only attach the lights one time and then are unable to reset and re-use them.  
  • is there any time frame as to when the 5 button remote will be supported? Just bought this at IKEA, thinking the rotating dimmer would probably not be supported. Guess I should have searched this forum before my purchase <span>:smile:</span>
  • Mecallie said:
    is there any time frame as to when the 5 button remote will be supported? Just bought this at IKEA, thinking the rotating dimmer would probably not be supported. Guess I should have searched this forum before my purchase <span>:smile:</span>
    Eager to see it supported myself. After installing 7 Floalt's I now have a whole pile of these remotes. It would be a shame not to put them to good use.

I noticed on the app page they're experiencing some kind of problem supporting the 5 button remote. Does anyone know more? (Just out of curiosity.)
  • Hi guys.
    I bought the dimmable only GU10, not the one where I can change the warmth of the light. I cannot add them to Homey, using the two-light armature.
    They are disconnected from the dimmer remote, so that should not be a problem.

I follow the instruction in Homey app:
    "Toggle the spot to start pairing.

If pairing does not automatically start within 20 seconds, try resetting the spot by toggling it 6 times very quickly. It will flash twice to indicate it has been reset."

What is meant by "Toggle the spot to start pairing"? I interpreted that as swtiching the wallswitch from off to on, ad the same time have the Hoey device close by? Is that sufficiant (probably not as it does not work for me).

How did you manage to pair the lights?

Thanks in advance
  • @Exile82, have you tried doing the lights one by one? If they are both activated at the same time it might go wrong. What worked for me was leaving the switch on, but twisting the GU10's twice on and off in de socket/connector, that worked faster for me and ended up in the lights blinking twice. Homey didn't have to be close in my case.

It worked for me, but I finally ended up with linking them to my hue bridge so they could be used for other purposes as well.If they are connected to hue, you can easily add them to homey as well. 
  • bierre said:
    @Exile82, have you tried doing the lights one by one? If they are both activated at the same time it might go wrong. What worked for me was leaving the switch on, but twisting the GU10's twice on and off in de socket/connector, that worked faster for me and ended up in the lights blinking twice. Homey didn't have to be close in my case.

It worked for me, but I finally ended up with linking them to my hue bridge so they could be used for other purposes as well.If they are connected to hue, you can easily add them to homey as well. 
    Thank you bierre! I will test that tonight.

Did you need to have the Homey device really close to the lights? As it is now the distance between the bulbs and the Homey is about 2 meters (free line of sight as well).
  • Exile82Exile82 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't get it.
    I did this pairing attempt once more, following bierre's tip. I don't get it paired, doesn't matter if the Homey device is within 2 meters range or 2 centimeters range.
    I decided to reset the bulbs (as they were paired with a remote before, but disconnected from that remote). The six ime toggle that should trigger the reset didn't do the job, if it should blink/toggle the light to confirm. I tried at least 10 times. I thought, f*ck this and went to get some new bulbs.

I opened the package (yes, they are new and unsused) and started the pairing process again. Now Homey says that this bulb is already paired!! 

Well, I  want to Settings-> Zigbee and resetted the Zigbee part. And tried again, with the same result. Device alreade paired. Just to be clear, these bulbs have not been used, or paired.

Suggestions?
  • Add 1 at the time. When adding be sure to be as close to Homey as u can get. During the pairing ritual perform the reset procedure. So on and off and don't do it too fast. In the vid the guy is doin it slowly, like almost a second per click. Don't count till 6, just nicely click on and off untill he starts pairing. It's not in the manual, just the way i did it.
  • Add 1 at the time. When adding be sure to be as close to Homey as u can get. During the pairing ritual perform the reset procedure. So on and off and don't do it too fast. In the vid the guy is doin it slowly, like almost a second per click. Don't count till 6, just nicely click on and off untill he starts pairing. It's not in the manual, just the way i did it.
    Thanks. Managed to pair one GU10 bulb thanks to this. The rest though, comes up as "already paired". Even a new one that I took right out of it's package. 
  • @Exile82 Before you add the second one, you have to pull the first one out, that's what @Rocodamelshe tries to make clear. In the end, when you exchanged them all one by one they will all work. That's also in the Ikea manual...
  • Thanks, I will have a go tonight again. I have paired them one by one, but as you say, I probably need to remove the one that is already paired?! Didn't think that was necessary if ot was already paired and pairing mode was engaged.
  • Well, that’s not probably. It’s necessary!
    Add 1 bulb, remove bulb from power, add next bulb. Also remove 2nd bulb and add 3rth bulb and so on. Sorry if I did not make myself clear on that.
  • No, don't be sorry. I made assumptions that I couldn't back up. :)