This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Plex application - main discussion thread

1192021222325»

Comments

• Likely making a pull request / merge isn't ideal if he plans a rewrite. Wouldn't make sense. Good luck @warting and thanks for helping out!
  • warting said:
    I have cloned the project, made some major changes and got everything working. And since I got some time over and is pretty passionated of homey and plex I will create my own app out of it and try support it from all my heart! <3

Hope you don't mind mike :)
    Why not just pull/merge the original and let @MikeOne update the app so users get a message there is an update :) You can be also known as developer for the app page (can be put in the app.json)
    I don't care much of "beeing known as developer" I know from experience abandoned project even sometimes don't have time for watching pull requests. So it's easier beeing the owner of a project to move fast forward.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited September 2017
    warting said:
    warting said:
    I have cloned the project, made some major changes and got everything working. And since I got some time over and is pretty passionated of homey and plex I will create my own app out of it and try support it from all my heart! <3

Why not just pull/merge the original and let @MikeOne update the app so users get a message there is an update :) You can be also known as developer for the app page (can be put in the app.json)
    I don't care much of "beeing known as developer" I know from experience abandoned project even sometimes don't have time for watching pull requests. So it's easier beeing the owner of a project to move fast forward.
    MarkSwift said:
    Likely making a pull request / merge isn't ideal if he plans a rewrite. Wouldn't make sense. Good luck @warting and thanks for helping out!
    Good point but then better ask @MikeOne if he is okay that you take over if he is abandoning the app, so users just get an update instead of a new app or more plex apps in the app store that gets confusing (Athom can arrange this if both agree) :) Don't get me wrong you do a good job but i'm just looking at the users that are less known about apps 
  • I'm sure he already said he doesn't have time, and tbh, the current nodejs Plex library is bloated and cpu / mem intensive, so we could call this Plex V2 (I also need to update my notification only app to a new lib and V2).
  • warting said:

Hey man, sure I don't mind, I'm happy to let this app go for the sake of the community. I already requested Athom to remove my Plex app (no reply yet, unsurprisingly). I recommend you contact Athom yourself and ask them if they can 'replace' my app with yours so people can potentially automatically update my app with yours. If I need to take other actions to allow for a smooth transition, let me know.
  • I tried upload the new plex to alpha channel, but new apps is not allowed on SDK 1. So rewrite to SDK 2 is in progress.
  • MikeOne said:
    warting said:

Hey man, sure I don't mind, I'm happy to let this app go for the sake of the community. I already requested Athom to remove my Plex app (no reply yet, unsurprisingly). I recommend you contact Athom yourself and ask them if they can 'replace' my app with yours so people can potentially automatically update my app with yours. If I need to take other actions to allow for a smooth transition, let me know.

Will sure do! Thanks man. 
  • @warting installed your plex version from github . It Works here  :)
  • phbphb Member
    edited September 2017
    PMS server, chrome cast,  list of movies and voice commands
  • How can i install this app from github to my homey? 
    thanks
  • so where to find the github or download from @warting with the working plex :) ?
  • Wondering the same thing, shame there is no working Plex app anymore for Homey, one of the reasons I bought it <span>:neutral:</span>
  • @rosrob you have to ask @warting if he can upload a working plex app, it don't  know why he removed  it from git hub,  maybe  still rewriting  to sdk 2
  • @warting Did you already finish  the plex app?'
  • @warting ; still working  on a  sdk2  version? 
  • Seconding this, really looking forward to some Plex on Homey! Got my Homey this Christmas :-)
  • i hope someone is still working on this... this would be great!
  • I've created a new topic to try and get new developers into this project for a PLEX 2.0 app with a reward program!

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4513/plex-2-0-app-reward?new=1
  • phbphb Member
    Seconding this, my plex version still works most of the time. It is a sdk1 version. But would also like a PLEX  2.0 version 

• I'm using this version to turn down the lights when plex starts playing - however it also turns down the lights when someone external starts playing from my plex. Can this be filtered?
  • @megardt what you are using now is not the original plex app but the plex notify app
  • Ahh, sorry