This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• News about shippig team athom?
  • I'm curious how the roll-out is going, lot of bugs ? positive negative reactions?
    also is the production allready on full speed or are you holding back to adjust minor stuff? 

thanks
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited January 2016
    Good questions. Really quiet here. Seems like there are only 3-6 homeys out there. 

• On slack Emile said 
    Next batch depends on the manufacturer, so I hope within 1-2 weeks
  • i had a nightmare last night... that i never get my pre-orderd Homey  :/
  • Curious indeed about the timeline wrt shipment. Secondly , if already more devices have been shipped and received by the backers why isn't it that they give a first impression feedback on this forum?
    many are asking( incl these first batch backers) and only 2 have given a response on the forum....
    please give all of us some more feedback....
  • Curious indeed about the timeline wrt shipment. Secondly , if already more devices have been shipped and received by the backers why isn't it that they give a first impression feedback on this forum?
    many are asking( incl these first batch backers) and only 2 have given a response on the forum....
    Same thoughts here
    if there were more homeys why is there no Feedback? Hmmmm...
  • Well, are we sure all first batch backers are active on this forum? There are so many ways athom communicates (and not all comunications are done on all ways) that they might as well have posted something elsewhere... Did you check facebook, twitter, slack, trello, instagram, github and so on? 

Seriously, clear and frequent communication is still lacking!
  • My guess is that they first need feedback from a few users.
    Communicate > Fix > Firmware-Update > Communicate.. and so on. And that will give them time in the meanwhile to produce more Homeys and make them better! All for the sake of a good stable product. Please correct me if I am wrong @Emile ? All the best! :smile: 
  • Just check https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
    Obviously people are testing their homey and finding bugs. 
    Maybe @Emile is too much of a perfectionist and doesn't want to send out more before issues are fixed. :smile: 
  • Fire69 said:
    Just check https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
    Maybe @Emile is too much of a perfectionist and doesn't want to send out more before issues are fixed. :smile: 
    +1 @Emile ;
  • Fire69 said:
    Software is never done....
    And if that's a reason for not shipping, then we can wait a few months i think.....

• Fire69 said:
    I think that just 1 sticky topic in this forum would do the trick in stead of multiple sites where currently is communicated. It just doesn't work for most people. When it comes to the first backers I seriously doubt they aren't active on this forum...
  • Github is specifically made for software versioning and reporting bugs, so it's perfectly logical they are using that. 
  • Fire69 said:
    Github is specifically made for software versioning and reporting bugs, so it's perfectly logical they are using that. 
    For reporting software versions, bugs etc I agree. For feeding back on updates for the generic crowd here on this forum I disagree and prefer just one place for information.

• Fire69 said:
    Maybe @Emile is too much of a perfectionist and doesn't want to send out more before issues are fixed. :smile: 

The issue is that we have to guess too much. There is still no clear communication and in the last months every promise was a dissapointment. I do believe they are doing their best, but expectations management and clear communication is an area they can improve a *lot* on. 

End of december the promise was: in januari the manufacturer WILL produce 500 units a week. Everybody, including pre-orders, will thus receive their Homey in Januari.

Current status: 5-6 Homeys shipped.
    Vague statements about 'waiting for the manufacturer to produce more'.

I do see on the other hand that Athom staff specially @emile is working very, very hard, to get the software fixed as bugs come in. I do understand if they decide to wait a little while before they send more Homey's out, to iron out glitches. But guys! Communicatie, communicate, communicate.

And to be 100% clear: I don't mind waiting another 2 weeks although I'm really itching to get my hands on a Homey. As long as communication is clear and expectations are realistic. 

• Suggestion to Homey staff: in this stage a daily statement would be great. Costs you guys 5 mins to write, and saves you a lot of time replying to all those questions. Tell us daily what you are doing, how bugs are coming in, how production is going, when you are sending stuff etc.

Everybody is really anxious now and you would be easing a lot of that by doing a daily update.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2016
    I agree, I do agree that great work is beeing done, even outside of business hours, but communication must improve for homey to be taken serious by non geek/backer/enthousiastic customers. Even once a week on friday afternoon doing a clear (cross site, the forum, facebook and kickstarter) news post would be good at this point.  Nothing better to end a work week with a 'clear desk and mind'. 
  • mistercagemistercage Member
    edited January 2016
    Good to see i'm not the only one having these thoughts...
  • Clear communication
    that means communication we all understand. And if you want it I am willing/can help you a about that, because it's quitte different from designing a Big project like Homey.

More clearance about:
    * how manny Homey's has beem shipped?
    * what are the results so far?
    * what is the exact schedule for the shipment in the next weeks: so who get's when?
    * is there an APP for windows? Yes/ NO. 
    * what is the name for this app?
    * Is there an App for Apple?
    * What is the name for this?
    * if NO, when will they be released?
    * what equipment is now working on the Homey?
    * what equipment is probably working in 2 weeks?
    * What bugs are current?
    * who is responsable for what- so this site could talk directly to somebody

And:
    1. so I suggest a excell sheet where everybody can clearly see the status of the actual situation and what  'thing' is allready working or not!
    2. Make a video about 
    _ working of Homey
    - connecting wifi
    _ connecting Hue , klik aan klik uit ( for example)

this is absolutly NO negative vieuw about the situation, but a positive!
    several menbers has done a contribution to this product and are enthousiastic about the possibilities! Let's keep them in that emotion, don't lose them!!
    be open en clear in the actual and future situation. 

So stop with short crazy, nice looking short video's, take a professional approache! Other wise everybody remember the guy who want's to sit on a couch and....
    Homey is worth much more!!
    so pack your team together and bri g yourself to the NEXT LEVEL!!

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    Totally agree on the communication topic!! +1000

But on GitHub are 2 issues about sudden craches (at night) of Homey and Homey needs a power cycle in the morning.....One issue is created 3 days ago and there's no information if its solved or wen it will be solved.

i think the guys at Athom has some bigger things to worry about...

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/7
  • MarcoF said:

But on GitHub are 2 issues about sudden craches (at night) of Homey and Homey needs a power cycle in the morning.....One issue is created 3 days ago and there's no information if its solved or wen it will be solved.

Ohoh....
    just let then work
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    phil_s said:
    MarcoF said:

Ohoh....
    just let then work
    Yes and no, if there's a big problem, the should communicate and be open about possible (shipment) delays.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited January 2016
    Agreed, but communicating is part of their work. This issue was raised 3 days ago, the poor communication didn't start just then.
  • Perhaps it's not for me to say but, as a PROUD owner (and one of the first common users) of Homey, I can tell you that they are working 'round the clock to fix minor issues/bugs to get you the BEST product-experience you can imagine.

As you can imagine that enormous effort  takes a lot of their time. The more they can focus on programming, the sooner everyone can experience the FULL potential of what Homey has to offer. They are already are on the NEXT LEVEL and pushing beyond :blush: :smiley: 

As I understand from the public information by Athom from the forums, slack, etc., is that there are shipped 10-20 Homey's as  first batch. No more so far. I think this is wise. Homey is being brought to the next level, and then shipped to the next (perhaps bigger?) batch, brought to the next level, etc.. They shouldn't ship 100 or 500 at once right now, they will drown in response, even if the thing was perfect already! :-)  My first (generic worded) experiences: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/538/my-first-time-with-homey-a-love-story/p1
  • The decision to ship only the first batch to make the needed support more managable is totally understandable, great move, but as you yourself state it's '10-20 you found on the forum, slack etc' that's the problem, we are all guessing.

A simple post stating how many are shipped (or even percentages of th batch they're shipping) so we aren't left in the dark isn't to much to ask, is it?
  • Athomey said:
    Curious indeed about the timeline wrt shipment. Secondly , if already more devices have been shipped and received by the backers why isn't it that they give a first impression feedback on this forum?
    As I understand from the public information by Athom from the forums, slack, etc., is that there are shipped 10-20 Homey's as  first batch. No more so far. I think this is wise. Homey is being brought to the next level, and then shipped to the next (perhaps bigger?) batch, brought to the next level, etc.. They shouldn't ship 100 or 500 at once right now, they will drown in response, even if the thing was perfect already! :-)  My first (generic worded) experiences: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/538/my-first-time-with-homey-a-love-story/p1
    I've read your first impressions :-) many thanks for that. I also understand that the very first batches are full with minor bugs which need to be ironed out first and no further shipments are done at this stage.
    I really have a full understanding for Athoms current stage they're in,  I just don't understand all the silence. If Athom have already sold 1000+ devices it's not more than fair to update this group as well..doesn't have to be 10 times a day, but 3 days per week is reasonable , right?
    I'm not asking them to asap send me a Homey, I myself want a great product experience as well,  just asking for clear comms along the way...AND centrally post these updates on this forum as most people pre ordered the homey are visiting this forum.
    so in short: not moaning about sending me the device asap, but clear comms along the way...

• The decision to ship only the first batch to make the needed support more managable is totally understandable, great move, but as you yourself state it's '10-20 you found on the forum, slack etc' that's the problem, we are all guessing.

A simple post stating how many are shipped (or even percentages of th batch they're shipping) so we aren't left in the dark isn't to much to ask, is it?

The decision to ship only the first batch to make the needed support more managable is totally understandable, great move, but as you yourself state it's '10-20 you found on the forum, slack etc' that's the problem, we are all guessing.

+100000
This discussion has been closed.