This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Battery empty

Hi, 

I have been looking and asking for about a year for a decent solution for a battery empty thing. 

I have AEON and Fibaro things, and I want to receive a message on my phone for when one of them is at 1% battery. 

How can I do that? I tried several flows.. never worked. An app for all of them would be great. 

Comments

• Is this also working if the devices don‘t Tell the right battery status or only say „-„? Like Fibaro or the neos. 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    it is actually better to use the "sensor value changed" devices trigger card, and then select battery level, as not all battery devices have the battery alarm capability.

@phil_s
    even if it was not "-" for the fibaro's it will not be reliable, as the fibaro either gives a fake result somewhere between 65% and 80%, or it will be 100% which it will be 999 of the 1000 times
    that is because fibaro does not measure the battery level actively.
  • Thanks, I am gonna try it again :)
  • caseda said:
    it is actually better to use the "sensor value changed" devices trigger card, and then select battery level, as not all battery devices have the battery alarm capability.

@phil_s
    even if it was not "-" for the fibaro's it will not be reliable, as the fibaro either gives a fake result somewhere between 65% and 80%, or it will be 100% which it will be 999 of the 1000 times
    that is because fibaro does not measure the battery level actively.
    Could you please post the complete flow? Would be great, thanks. 

• It's not that hard..

though if you have a device without battery level but can send an alarm, don't forget to add that as a flow as well (like the Nest Protect sensors), but there aren't that many
  • This works like this with Fibaro stuff ? 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    For fibaro nothing works with battery level (notifications), except for buying another brand
  • So how do you know if your motionsensor battery is empty? If you've switched of the leds..
  • I'm still wondering how they implemented that in Home Center itself. A friend of mine has the smoke sensors and a home center and never has issues with the batteries. He gets notifications from the home center when they are almost empty...
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    I have yet to see any notifications for the battery in any of the battery devices, fibaro has with the smoke sensor z-wave plus version, 2 options to send it in, and haven't seen both of them.

maybe hc has some magic that they hold back from other controllers, like they also do for rgbw controller 1-5 scenes (in total there are 10 scenes, where 5 are unusable by other controllers because they will not relay any information about those, on how to activate them, or set them)
  • Sometimes I really don't get those guys at Fibaro. Do they really think it helps if they shut down their integrations? It did 30 years ago, but these days integrations are better then a closed eco system.
  • It still happens massively, with the reason for "how to get people to choose for us".
    Though fibaro has opent up a bit in the last (half) year.
    For some things they just won't, maybe yet.

Just look at gaming consoles, prime example.

Might try to dig deeply in the device's to get any sign of battery almost empty things, but that will take time, that I don't have right now.