This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• @Archdemon
    I am finishing up the regular devices controls.
    Then i'll release the alpha version public (might consider it even naming beta ;) )
    After that i need to finish the dashboard itself first and after that Spotify support.

So at least not before all that is finished :)
  • Is your work in progress version also up on github? 
    i'd like to hack away on it (perhaps I can even assist with some other features?) 
  • @zeno
    I actually didn't planned on promoting the current version as alpha, but since it runs next to the current app (and isn't replacing it) people can give it a shot :smile:

Best kept secret from the last week(s) is that HomeyDash actually was live already, but just for testing purposes.
    Even the GitHub page has been made public.

I am still working on the devices tab, and some (read: most) capabilities aren't integrated yet.
    You can add the website to the homescreen where it wil behave as app. Once authenticated a service worker makes sure the app is available offline as well (android only) and should work on your local network when internet is down.

Long pressing a device opens extra info and controls (like dim).

So for everyone who wants to try the current (pre)alpha version: https://homeyda.sh

For the source code, feature requests and issues: https://github.com/swttt/HomeyDash
  • Need help.
    I use homeydash on an Ipad mini 2. I use the Dolpin IE.
    I like to view the image of mij wifi webcam.
    on mij desktop it works but on mij ipad I see the image for a second or so, then the image is gone. Wen I refresh the sceen then I see the image again for a second or so. What is the problen here?

• Looks really cool @swttt
    just testet Homeyda.sh
  • Hi!
    Awesome app! I just have a small problem. I can't log in after adding the homeydash on the homescreen of my ipad. I just reach the login page and when I enter my login details it just loops and I end up at the same login page. Could someone please help me out on this? :)
  • Corneliatt. Go to the Homey login page and login. Then go to homeydesh. 
  • CorneliattCorneliatt Member
    edited October 2017
    Octo said:
    Corneliatt. Go to the Homey login page and login. Then go to homeydesh. 
    thanks octo, but I've already tried this. First I login at the login page (through safari), and then I switch to my shortcut on the home screen, but without any luck, I just get stuck in the login page loop :/
  • You should login with the cloudurl first, see a few Posts up.
  • swttt said:
    You should login with the cloudurl first, see a few Posts up.
    Ah perfect! Thank you very much :)
  • Octo said:
    Need help.
    I use homeydash on an Ipad mini 2. I use the Dolpin IE.
    I like to view the image of mij wifi webcam.
    on mij desktop it works but on mij ipad I see the image for a second or so, then the image is gone. Wen I refresh the sceen then I see the image again for a second or so. What is the problen here?

Is there someone who can help with my problem?
  • Webcams are a hit and miss..some work some don't. I guess your camera doesn't like the 1 refresh per second, can't help you with a work-around tho.
  • Ok swttt. Thanks for your quick reply. But why does it work on my desktop and not on my Ipad? Any idea? Or shall I wait for the lovely new version of your homeydash
  • @Octo
    Could be browser differences or that the ipad maybe isn't powerfull enough to make 1 request per second.
  • @swttt
    none of browser (Dolpin, Google crome and safari) are working on my Ipad 2 mini and it does not work on my new Ipad 2017 either

Is there annybody else who is using a video stream with homeydash with an Ipad.

• @Octo
    It doesn't matter what browser you use on your ipad. They all need to use the same webkit.
  • @swttt could you please include the asun 650 (kaku) in the dashboard? All my shutters are controled by that device. 
    For the rest great Job!
  • @mbalik79
    The curren't app won't get any updates. If you mean https://homeyda.sh there is a seperate thread for that :)
    (by the way, window blinds with dim are already added in there...just the "dumb" ones not)
  • @swttt sorry posted in wrong topic, has to be the https://homeyda.sh

• tanjatgtanjatg Member
    edited November 2017
    @swttt Hello I am new here and I am from the Netherlands.

I would like to see my IP camera's on Homey dash and I've seen that its possible by some but I would like to know how to do that.
    I have already installed the beta version of homey dash.

I hope to here soon.

• I would love to see the possibility to add heating devices. I use the honeywell evo and it would be nice to replace the honeywell unit with homeydash.

Also I would like to see smokedetectors. Just status information.

Kind Regards.
  • PinnaclePinnacle Member
    edited November 2017
    Might have been answered already but the search function on the Athom forum is, well "not working" as it should.

I've tried the beta version 0.0.19 but I have some issues with that one and I can't change the background (I have tried changing the background in Homey settings).

Any help/suggestions?

Many thanks!
  • Just tried the latest version.

Some issues I have:
    I cannot change the layout of my tablet in portrait mode. No matter what I do in the editor: the layout is always the same. That is to say: just horizontal bars across the entire width of the screen. For buttons this is ok, but buienradar should at lease be a square and not a rectangle :P

Also: I can only turn my LIFX lights on/off after restarting the browser when I have just added the lights. As for my Yeelights (Xiaomi): I cannot do anything with them. I an add them as an on/off switch or a dimmer, but neither does anything when activated...
  • MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
    edited November 2017
    Mecallie said:
    Just tried the latest version.

Some issues I have:
    I cannot change the layout of my tablet in portrait mode. No matter what I do in the editor: the layout is always the same. That is to say: just horizontal bars across the entire width of the screen. For buttons this is ok, but buienradar should at lease be a square and not a rectangle :P

Also: I can only turn my LIFX lights on/off after restarting the browser when I have just added the lights. As for my Yeelights (Xiaomi): I cannot do anything with them. I an add them as an on/off switch or a dimmer, but neither does anything when activated...
    For your intrest...
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4093/homeyda-sh-web-based-dashboard-for-homey#latest

swttt said:
    @mbalik79
    The curren't app won't get any updates. If you mean https://homeyda.sh there is a seperate thread for that :)
    (by the way, window blinds with dim are already added in there...just the "dumb" ones not)

• On a side note: I might some day create an app version of homeyda.sh :) but no promises tho
  • I'm trying to get an answer on a very annoying issue:
    Using the beta version and created some pages I was very pleased. But my wife is not so keen with electronics and when I picked up the tablet again, a lot was missing, mixed up etc.
    Recreated the pages and picked up the switch in the settings page to hide this. Idid not realize that it ws a 'global' setting. On all the systems I use HomeyDash the settings icon is disappeared.
     What is the secret to bring it back because now I cannot add pages etc.
  • Go to Settings on your Homey, then to Homeydash, there you have a button 'Go to settings'. 
  • @swttt Will it also be able to easily change the color and brigthness of the LIFX lights with the Dashboard? I like the solution Athom uses for their new smartphone app so maybe this is something which you can copy from their app
  • Julian said:
    Go to Settings on your Homey, then to Homeydash, there you have a button 'Go to settings'. 
    Great,  as  easy as it  is, you  just  have to know how :-)
    I can get back to work on my 'project. Thanks Julian
  • Watching this topic with great interest. I had homey and regretfully sent it back due to the lack of a good dashboard for wall control.

Currently using Samsung SmartThings because the action tiles product is a very mature dashboarding plugin. But would really like to come back to homey once this expands into more than just on/off. Plex, weather, security camera feeds etc via http links.

cant wait.