This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• joeybrooksjoeybrooks Member
    edited February 2018
    Sooooooo curious! Like your work @swttt :-) if your looking for a extra fanatic tester for your app, holla @ me!  
  • @joeybrooks
    Well, started some very early alpha testing already. This means not much functionality, but will get added slowly.

For anyone that is interested, you can contact me on Slack :)
  • swttt said:
    @joeybrooks
    Well, started some very early alpha testing already. This means not much functionality, but will get added slowly.

For anyone that is interested, you can contact me on Slack :)
    Great! Maybe a stupid question, but how can i find you on slack?
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited October 2017
    Good point! Just DM me there. (Same nickname on the Athom slack) or shout “kibbeling” in the #general channel.

(https://slack.athom.com/)
  • Can anyone explain how I can use the better logic app to trigger flows. I can't figure out what to create in the better logic app so I can add it to the flowmanager and to the dashboard.

thanks
  • By creating a bit flip device combined with a flow that triggers on changing a var
  • Maybe a bit to early...but couldn't resist.
    Keep in mind things can still change a bit, but here some sneak peeks from the current UI :smile:

• Looks awesome!
  • Doing great!! 

• @swttt just started to play around with your great Homeydash-app. Firstly I installed it at my IPad (new version with iOS 11) with Safari. Got it functioning without any problem. After that I did exactly the same at my wallmounted old IPad2 (iOS 9.3). Unfortunately that was not successful. I didnot came further than the login-screen. Is this because of I’m making a mistake or is it related to the older iOS-version? I gave it also a try with Chrome and Firefox, with the same negative result.
    Could you please give me a hint? Thanks!

• Me too! :) Looks great; I will try to be patient....  o:)

• really nice @swttt
  • JanH said:
    @swttt just started to play around with your great Homeydash-app. Firstly I installed it at my IPad (new version with iOS 11) with Safari. Got it functioning without any problem. After that I did exactly the same at my wallmounted old IPad2 (iOS 9.3). Unfortunately that was not successful. I didnot came further than the login-screen. Is this because of I’m making a mistake or is it related to the older iOS-version? I gave it also a try with Chrome and Firefox, with the same negative result.
    Hi @JanH , i had the same issue. Are you using the shortcut on the home screen to load the page? Because i didn't get that to work. I self use the app 'Dolphin browser'. After login i get a white screen for about 1 minute, then it loads further. Maybe this helps you! 
  • Somewhere in this topic (one of the 40 pages) has a solution. can't remember exactly.
    But it was something like using the cloudurl or logging in to the cloudurl firt before the local url worked. (I even think it is on the settingspage from the beta)
  • @swttt isn’t it better to lock this topic and start a new one for the current version of homeyDash?
  • JanH said:
    @swttt just started to play around with your great Homeydash-app. Firstly I installed it at my IPad (new version with iOS 11) with Safari. Got it functioning without any problem. After that I did exactly the same at my wallmounted old IPad2 (iOS 9.3). Unfortunately that was not successful. I didnot came further than the login-screen. Is this because of I’m making a mistake or is it related to the older iOS-version? I gave it also a try with Chrome and Firefox, with the same negative result.
    I also tried the dash on an old iPad mini (1 or 2). I used Chrome. After logging in I just waited (couple of minutes), and the dash popped up.
  • @DaneeDeKruyff
    might be a Bette idea after i launches the current version as beta
  • I also tried the dash on an old iPad mini (1 or 2). I used Chrome. After logging in I just waited (couple of minutes), and the dash popped up.
    Same here. After logging in first ofc it takes some minutes . Ipad 1 And 2 tested.
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited October 2017
    @joeybrooks, @swtt  and other as always kind advisors, thanks!
     I got it working with Dolphin! Also tried with Chrome to load, using the cloudID (copied from systempage), but I didnot succeed in logging in that way: ”site not reachable”. The third option, just via Chrome clicking the shortcut, is still not working. Waiting a few minutes is resulting in getting a blank screen and after that the Homey login page again and again.
    As said in my first item, at my new IPad its working fine. So, quite confusing to me.
  • @JanH
    cloud id url is a bit different: https://YOURCLOUDID.homey.athom.com if i am not mistaken
  • @swttt the prefix “https etc” also had to be typed. Lazy me didnot do that! Now it’s working. Thanks again.
  • Great! :smile: 

Currently running a few tests to see if its possible to run homeydash as a native app. :smile:
    I am not promising anything tho...
  • Great work, looking forward to see the finished result:)! 
    Will it be possible to cast a dashboard to chromecast without the need for password? 
    Every morning I cast the weather (yr.no) to my bedroom tv but I love to cast a dashboard 
  • @steinis
    Pfff...tough one. Need to think about whats possible there...
  • @swttt. @steinis

It’s well a nice option  to cast a dash to your chrome cast you can exactly see the state of your house and maybe cameras,Buienradar 
  • @swttt Any chance to get in insights / graphs into the dash?
    Would love to use this as a monitor for my solar collector which can then display heat output input etc :)
  • @Archdemon
    Sure but not before a stable release tho...where with some basic javascript and html knowledge is going to be really easy to add pages yourself :)

• @CliffBroeren
    Authorization is really going to be an issue... Something like that might work better as a separate app.
    Then you could get the info from the homey app, push it trough the api.js and show on a dashboard.

Then you wouldn't require any auth at all...
  • @swttt hmm any option to import graphs maybe then? from lets say grafana?