This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Tip on small clean simple button?

Hi everyone. 
I have been searching the web for a small and esthetic one-button switch to have for instance on my bedside table (well if it is one or two, or four buttons is not important). The purpose is to control different flows and sleep mode (depending on the time of the day). It can be of any radio standard that is compatible with Homey. I didn't really find what I was looking for, if they are not ugly things they lacked support. 
For instance, I find the Flic button or the button for Xiaomi Mi Home system really nice, but they seem to lack support.

So any ideas for cheap, good looking buttons (433mhz, Zigbee, Z-way, bluetooth)?

Comments

• Hi Jasper!
    Well, I think that it is quite cool, but I am looking for something more neutral and that doesn't stand out. Like the Xiaomi Smart Button for instance. In addition to the clean design, they are really cheap (10-12 usd)
  • I have the Nodon soft remote. It is available in four or five colors. The remote has four buttons and each  button responds to single click, double click, long click and long and release. Therefore you can activate 16 flows. I ordered it last week and only 'connected' one flow until now. It uses Z-wave and requires a CR2032 battery which is included when you order the remote. 
  • Thank you yemoH. I will look into that.
    I also came across the remote/dimmer for IKEA Trådfri. It looks quite nice and are badass cheap (79 SEK ~ 9 usd). Since Homey supports IKEA Trådfri bulbs, I will look into if the remote also is supported.
  • @Exile82 check also the Hank scene controller (one-button version); as small as the Xiaomi...

PS. we are working to get the Xiaomi buttons directly connected to Homey ;-P
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited October 2017
    I also came across the remote/dimmer for IKEA Trådfri.
    Which one is that? The 5-button remote isn't supported (yet, I hope). Is there another one, apart from the dimmer? The dimmer doesn't do on/off (but you can create a flow "if < 20% then off" and "if > 50% then on" but I really wouldn't use that one...

• bvdbos said:
    I also came across the remote/dimmer for IKEA Trådfri.
    Which one is that? The 5-button remote isn't supported (yet, I hope). Is there another one, apart from the dimmer? The dimmer doesn't do on/off (but you can create a flow "if < 20% then off" and "if > 50% then on" but I really wouldn't use that one...

Sorry for not being specific, I did not mean the 5 button remote though. I thought about the simple one-button/dimmer. It seems to be supported when I check the IKEA Trådfri app
  • @Exile82 check also the Hank scene controller (one-button version); as small as the Xiaomi...

PS. we are working to get the Xiaomi buttons directly connected to Homey ;-P
    You rock!