This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Using Homey as security alarm system

124»

Comments

• dbonsaksendbonsaksen Member
    edited September 2017
    I have been playing around with some devices and flows to create an alarm system with devices which is in use for other reasons as well.

an example would be getting a PIR Sensor to send a push notification if motion is detected if the alarm mode is active(virtual device)

so my question is if there is anyone who has an alarm system setup with regular devices and is willing to share which devices you use and how you use them? 

Modbreak:

No new topic needed for this question, merged it into already existing topic. Please use the search function first before just opening a topic for a question.

• Nice topic! I use the Powermax app and let Honey and my alarm work hand-in-hand. I have only one wish left: have Homey notify me on my mobile per sound; even when put on silent mode (next to my pillow, in the night the iPhone is put to silent).

Did someone crack this?

• I created these 2 flows:

Flow1

Flow2

Now when the motion alarm is raised I turn the virtual device off within the 60 sec. time limt (so flow2 will never be executed). The problem is that the  messages still are played in flow1. How can I change the flow so that if I press the virtual device within the 60 sec time limit, the messages will not be played and the flow stops?
  • I use the phone mressge function too, but rather would like to have a sound alert.

for your issue, search on disable flow.

• After some struggling I think I have it made it work to interrupt the alarm within the specified time:

Any tips or suggestions to use less flows to have the same results?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    @Count_B why not use the countdown app?

1: [if] motion [and]  alarm is on [then] countdown to 10 (and just don't use messages... You know you have an alarm right? You don't want to let the burglar know)
    2: [if] deactivate alarm [and] countdown running [then] stop countdown and deactivate alarm
    3: [if] countdown ends [then] sound alarm
  • caseda said:
    @Count_B why not use the countdown app?

1: [if] motion [and]  alarm is on [then] countdown to 10 (and just don't use messages... You know you have an alarm right? You don't want to let the burglar know)
    2: [if] deactivate alarm [and] countdown running [then] stop countdown and deactivate alarm
    3: [if] countdown ends [then] sound alarm
    I can do that off course but I want to hear a signal so we know that we must shut down the alarm when we got home. And I want to turn off the flow when a user press the alarm button (virtual device).
  • Is it possible to activate a flow when the countdown app has 'x' seconds left?

For example: [if] countdown has 5 seconds left, [then] ....

• casedacaseda Member
    edited September 2017
    @Count_B
    yes there is, the "value changed" card triggers on all changes, including counting down, it has a tag with the value that you then can use in the AND column
  • Count_BCount_B Member
    edited September 2017
    caseda said:
    @Count_B
    yes there is, the "value changed" card triggers on all changes, including counting down, it has a tag with the value that you then can use in the AND column
    Thanks for your help I think I have it right now. I start the countdown timer and every times (1 second)  it changes, it sound a beep. So every second there is a beep now until the timer come to zero.

• Am considering to buy Homey but I really would like some serious solution from Homey itself.
    The Powermaxx App seems to do the trick but it's still looks like "geknutsel" to me.

When Homey is going to add some decent support for a real alarm function?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited October 2017
    hdevr000 said:
    Am considering to buy Homey but I really would like some serious solution from Homey itself.
    The Powermaxx App seems to do the trick but it's still looks like "geknutsel" to me.

What is decent? You can already make your own flows to trigger your alarm solutions by motion or other triggers. It completly depens on what you want and with only the word "decent" nobody knows what that could be? :) If your hardware/devices can be connected by a signal like z-wave/zigbee etc or by an API/ethernet connection  you can control it by Homey
  • hdevr000 said:
    Am considering to buy Homey but I really would like some serious solution from Homey itself.

What is decent? You can already make your own flows to trigger your alarm solutions by motion or other triggers. It completly depens on what you want and with only the word "decent" nobody knows what that could be? :) If your hardware/devices can be connected by a signal like z-wave/zigbee etc or by an API/ethernet connection  you can control it by Homey
    Hi Lubbert. With decent I meant the requirements which were mentioned in the first post:

Features like:
    • If armed trigger an alarm when any of the following sensors are trapped
    • Trigger only when a minimum of one door sensor and one motion sensor is trapped
    • When opening the front door let Homey say: "Please disarm the alarm". If not done within 10 seconds sound an alarm
    • When you have a disarm button on your iPhone/iPad/Wall tablet show a keypad to enter a 4 digit code to disarm
    • Send immediate alarm when sensor sabotage sensors are trapped
    • Start recording all cameras when alarm
    • Move PTZ cameras to the position of the sensor that triggered the alarm
    • Have several categories for alarm: Motion alarm, door/window open, fire alarm, smoke alarm, CO2 alarm, water flooding, etc.
    • Perform a check before arming the alarm and let Homey say which zone are not ready. Let you override if needed.
    + an easy key pad integration as well?
  • Most of the features are already there with some configuration. For example, you can trigger a flow when a "Motion alarm, door/window open, fire alarm, smoke alarm, CO2 alarm, water flooding, etc" goes off ;-)
  • I would like to turn on and off the alarm using a keypad near the frontdoor. Is this possible?
  • alex_merceralex_mercer Member
    edited November 2017
    I installed a fire alarm security system the other day and integrated it with my Homey. They said it would be able to receive the incoming signals if the alarm happened to go off and alert the device because my system has wireless capabilities. If there was a fire or burglary attempt, God forbid, the cops will be notified without any delay. 
  • Hi there,
    I am looking for an alarm flash light on batteries only (no alarm noise). The only thing I can find is this one https://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/nl/producten/beveiliging/sirene/alsir-2000-sirene.html
    Does such a flashlight exist?

Thanks in advance, Zev
  • Justjomi said:
    Nice topic! I use the Powermax app and let Honey and my alarm work hand-in-hand. I have only one wish left: have Homey notify me on my mobile per sound; even when put on silent mode (next to my pillow, in the night the iPhone is put to silent).

Did someone crack this?

You might want to take a look at pushover. I have the same setup as you and use pushover to send Homey alarm status updates to my phone. When you set these messages as high-priority and configure the app to play them as high-priority you will get notified even when your phone is set to silent mode. Works like a charm for me. 

• Great, I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing
  • DeoDeo Member
    +1
  • @zev Popp Solar siren for outside. You can do a sound and light or or light only in the setting
  • Now that this old thread surfaced again; a lot of the asked features can be found in the Heimdall app:

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4514/app-heimdall-let-homey-watch-over-your-home/p1