This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Solved

Fibaro Door/Window sensors not working after latest 1.5.11 Fibaro app update invalid_Command_Class

danonedanone Member
edited October 2017 in Archive
Hi guys, just wonder if anyone else experiences this.
I have a bunch of Fibaro Door/Window sensors (the old type, not the Door/Window sensor 2 and not the Door/Window sensor z-wave plus) Since the last Fibaro app update 1.5.11 none of those work anymore. I do have a few of the Door/Window sensors z-wave plus, those work well.
I have tried exclude/include with the same result. They include OK and recognised as Fibaro Door/Window sensors but then same problem, not working.
The error that comes up: "invalid_command_class_COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION
Quite bad as those sensors were part of my home security!!
Any ideas? Worth mentioned that my z-wave devices uses the Australian frequency.  Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• An update for the above.
    It looks like after restarting Homey the Door/Window sensors work. I can use them in the flows.
    However, under the devices the door/window sensors still show up as per the above screenshot.
    So I cannot see their status and I cannot rename them. 
    Any ideas guys???
  • @danone Could you make a GH-issue for this?
  • I have the same issue. I thought mine was broken, so I bought a new one, but can't even add that to the new devices. I really hope this will be fixed soon!
  • bvdbos said:
    Awesome! Thanks.
    I will next time look on github and create an issue if not already existing.
  • Just installed todays update. Nothing changed. Still unable to add new divices. Hopefully this app will be updated soon. Or maybe it's Homey's own software. Anyway, this is driving me mad. It might be time to get the Home Center 2, and leave homey for wat it could have been... I have a decent amount of money spend on Fibaro components, so it just might be the logical way to go. On the other hand I really want Homey to work. 
  • @maartenverbunt
    did you reset your device yet?
    either by homey's settings -> Z-wave -> [Remove Device]
    or the manual way mentioned in the manual.

otherwise maybe be a bit more specific on what level it is not added,
    does it stop right at the start?
    or some time during the inclusion
    what is the distance you have the device while including?
  • caseda said:
    @maartenverbunt
    did you reset your device yet?
    either by homey's settings -> Z-wave -> [Remove Device]
    or the manual way mentioned in the manual.

otherwise maybe be a bit more specific on what level it is not added,
    does it stop right at the start?
    or some time during the inclusion
    what is the distance you have the device while including?

Yes, I did a reset on my "Door/Window Sensor Z-wave Plus" according to the manual. I had removed the device from Homey before as I hoped adding it again would solve the broken link. But unfortunatly I can not add it back. There is no responce during the "interview" between Homey and the sensor. So after a few minutes Homey reports that the Interview is over, and no device was detected. This lead me to believe the sensor might actually be broken. Therefore I bought a new sensor, but the v2 version this time. It is brand new out of the box, but still the same story. Homey doesn't pick up any signal, or so it seems. I tried, all versions of the door sensor, and 10cm away from Homey.

So I can start the inclusion process, but both sensors just aren't detected. My other Fibaro devices are working to some degree. Including a door sensor, but that one never got "corrupted". But the battery stats are not all working properly. But their main features all work, switching and detecting.

What will happen if I reset my z-wave in Homey, will all sensors be deleted? I have some Fibaro dimmers build in, and they are a pain to reinstall.

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    @maartenverbunt
    Does the blue led light up when you triple press one of the buttons of the sensor?
    (one of both switches does need to be pressed while triple pressing the other, so either the one inside, or the one on the back).

If you reset z-wave only all information on homey will be gone, devices still think they are connected to homey.
    this will conclude in resetting all your devices manually again
  • xAPPOxAPPO Member
    edited October 2017
    BTW I have the same issue...  the door sensor is never recognised and the Homey says no Z-Wave devices found. I have tried every reset combination but assumed I was doing something wrong as this was my first attempt at including it. It’s an older sensor v2 I think.  .  Other Z-Wave devices have included OK.
    I reset Z-wave as I only have 3 devices. No difference. Blue light flashes on internal switch but not rear one.
  • This is now fixed after the latest Fibaro app update 1.5.12 Also on github people start reporting that this was fixed.
    All my gen1 Door/Window sensors show up correct in Devices. I didn't even had to restart Homey.
    Thank you!

@caseda ; or other moderator here in this forum, shall I mark this post as solved? I see other members still have issues but I think unrelated with the command_class error?

• caseda said:
    @maartenverbunt
    Does the blue led light up when you triple press one of the buttons of the sensor?
    (one of both switches does need to be pressed while triple pressing the other, so either the one inside, or the one on the back).

If you reset z-wave only all information on homey will be gone, devices still think they are connected to homey.
    this will conclude in resetting all your devices manually again

Thank you so much for your time, I really appricate that! I finally got everything working.

- I did a reset on homey, with the option to keep my user data.
    - I pulled out the powercord after the reset had been completed.
    - I did another reset on both  Fibaro Sensors
    - Restarted Homey, and let it sit for 1 hour, in case some things might take longer to boot
    - Added both sensors without much problems. Only the v2 sensor took 2 attempts.

I have no clue to why it works now, and didn't before. Maybe it's in the sequence of resetting and rebooting. Anyway, it all works now, so I am really glad!Once again, thanks for your time and willingness to help me out.

Cheers!

• @danone
    Yup, you can mark it as solved (or we can do it for you), looks like all issues are even solved :tongue:
  • xAPPOxAPPO Member
    edited October 2017
    Solved for me too, although  mine was a 'me' problem and not the command_class issue

I had successfully factory reset the door contact sensor and although there is conflicting information I had read about having to have the cover off and the rear plastic TMP switch closed (depressed tight against a surface) and then having to press the inside TMP switch really rapidly three times. This elicited a 10 second period of blue flashes which I assumed was pairing.. but nothing in Homey.  Curiously there was absolutely nothing in the logs either so I figured it's not a Homey issue.
      I knew the three presses had to be really fast (in say 1/2 sec) but I guess I still wasn't fast enough so in a fit of frustration I pressed the internal button many many times as fast as I could ...  and it worked !   Not an ideal methodology for inclusion but at least it's now working.
  • ModBreak:
    This post / discussion has been solved and therefore closed.
    For questions or if someone disagrees, please contact me or one of the Community moderators

This discussion has been closed.