This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Zones

Hi,

I want to make a logical overview of all my 'zones' and devices on the Devices page. But I get stuck at some things. Does anyone know if this is allready possible?

1. Make a zone that is not 'under' home, but next to 'Home'. For example a garden, that is not 'in' my home.
2. Make deeper levels of subzones. For example: Home -> Ground Floor -> Hallway -> Toilet.
3. Add more icons than the default icons. For example: washing machine, computer, toys, garage, car, etc.

Comments

• VeldkornetVeldkornet Member
    edited February 2017
    I have some similar questions, or maybe it's a problem....

By default, you have the zoes below as example:

Home -> Ground Floor -> Hallway
    Home -> Second Floor

But while I can add additional zones under a zone which already has other zones, I cannot create a new zone under a zone which does not already have other zones.
    So what I mean is that I can add additional zones under "Home -> Ground Floor", but I can't add anything under "Home -> Second Floor".... 

Am I doing something wrong?

--------------------
    *Edit:

Never mind, I eventually got it right by dragging the zone a bit more to the right than I expected.
  • You can create a new zone and drag and drop it to the place you wanna have it.

• Not a real big deal, but did someone ever found an answer for the 3rd question?

>>3. Add more icons than the default icons. For example: washing machine, computer, toys, garage, car, etc.<<
  • RuudvB said:
    Not a real big deal, but did someone ever found an answer for the 3rd question?

>>3. Add more icons than the default icons. For example: washing machine, computer, toys, garage, car, etc.<<
    Not (yet) implemented in the core if you want this as a feature you could search the gibhub of Athom if it's already a feature request or add it :) 
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited October 2017
    unintended:  moderator please remove

Removed by Mod