This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Dimmer 2 working but physical Dimmer isn't

So i've been installing a lot of Fibaro modules which all work but the Dimmer 2 (with Homey) is giving me some troubles.
Physical Dimmer (Jung universal LED dimmer) is working when installed without Fibaro module so that's good.

I've created two overviews of my installation:
This is working (no Fibaro module attached)

This isnt working in a way that Homey can control the dimmer correctly but the physicall dimmer is not doing anything::

I've also tried swapping the S1 and Sx connectivity going to the physical dimmer but that doesnt work either..
I''m a bit clueless now. Within Homey the device settings for the Dimmer are set to Momentary Switch.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2017
    The dimmer 2 does not support having a manual dimmer connected to it, it can only be a normal switch (momentary, or toggle switch).

not sure what made you think that, as it is mentioned nowhere you can attach an actual dimmer to the fibaro dimmer 2

if you really want to use a manual dimmer there is only 1 dimming module corrently that supports it, and that is the newest "aeotec nano dimmer" though not entirely sure how that works with this module
  • "Yo dawg, I herd u like dimming, so we put a dimmer in yo dimmer, so u can dim while u dim" :D

(sorry, couldn't stop myself from doing it :P )

• As caseda said. You cant create a hotel setup with a normal dimmer and a fibaro like this
  • @Fire69. Its not that stuppid...  you actually can put 2 dimmers connected to each other.  So you can dim the same light on 2 places.

Only its not possible in this setup with a dimmer 2
  • hmmmmm interesting.. I thought that I could either use the dimmer on the wall or the Fibaro..
    In my previous house using ancient X10 modules this just worked.

Well.. at least I got an answer now :D

Thanks guys