This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Home Energy Cosumption / aka Homewizard Energylink replacement.

1235»

Comments

• Also the youless can do a lot in one unit for 79 euro. I use it for smart e-meter, gasmeter and watermeter. It also has a s0 interface. Homey app is available and working well (if I may say so  ;) )

http://www.youless.nl/watis.html

• RNLDNKPRNLDNKP Member
    edited September 2017
    @gruijter_dev 79 euro's is nice :)

As far as the YouLess goes (if you know);
    Can it "out of the box" read the P1 + S0 Solar Energy + S0 Watermeter (I have a pulse one for my meter - used with Homewizard/energylink atm)

I had the Iungo for a while, but without doing anyone wrong, was not for me. Maybe over time the interface get's better and the Homey App get's more mature/smart triggers.

Only need to ditch the energylink, then I'm homewizard free, Woohoo!

Edit: I just thought of it... The extra Solar Energy S0 port is only to differentiate between actual generated power and directly used power. This information would get lost if you just monitor the P1 port on it's own, you will only get the Net. power which was left over after usage.

• As far as i can see the YouLess only has 1 S0 port... i wNt my smart meter, my solar kwh meter and water. The main smart meters arnt really correct when i comes to measuring generated solar power. there are big differences from what my power meter reporst in its p1  com and what my solaredge and kwh meter are reporting.

So because they cut budget on the YouLess and only made a single S0 connection its a UseLess 120 for me  :p
  • Really would like a Heatlink replacement with p1 and 2x s0.
  • heatlink .... i guess you mean energylink.. and thats the iungo
    it has 1x p1 and 2x s0
  • Yes i mean Heatlink. Sorry (autocorrect :)
    Iungo looks Ok but price is high. And then i could let Homewizard stil do the job. Most Systems like Iungo are dedicaties System on there selfs in stead of just a forwarding device for homey.
  • Last week I contacted YouLess about this question. Confirmed it's not possible (even with some other trick - Iungo has some kind of splitter for example), although noting 'the current model' is not able... Does that mean anything?

So, today I was digging in the technical sheets of the LS120.
    Since the latest firmware they split the optical sensor on the bottom from the galvanic sensor (S0). They also describe light can't effect the S0 any more after the upgrade and it's registered as a separate device internally.

If the hardware allows it, they should be able to activate the optical sensor for the watermeter while a S0 pulse sensor is attached right? Shame for the separate sensor I bought for Energylink, but if it works :) 

I'll keep you posted when I get a response from YouLess about the possibilities. 

@Martinvdm compare app options (check the js in Git) from Iungo and YouLess... Less is (a lot) more ;)
  • OetAelseOetAelse Member
    edited October 2017
    I replaced the energylink with iungo. I have my electric and gas meter connected but also my solar and water meter connected. Iungo has a "splitter" box which allows you to connect all the devices. The web interface and insights are  very good and much better then energylink but the smartphone interface outside your wifi network isn't great.
    Replacing energylink also gave me the option to remove homewizard because i'm moving away from kaku.
    From costs perspective a bought the iungo lite and a breakoutbox (approx 130 Euro). By selling my homewizard and energylink the iungo costs where covered  ;-)
  • I replaced my Energylink with a YouLess. Was surprised of it's size, or better said, lack of size. The LS120 is really small! Like 5x3x2cm or so. 

Had some corespondents with YouLess as told earlier. Currently the firmware is as big as it can get. But over time they may redo some code to free up space and add another channel. This way you could place the LS120 on top of a watermeter (using the sensor on the bottom), connect your smart meter using P1 and your solar panels using S0.

For now I have to count my water usage myself :P as I didn't want to go for the Iungo... 

Just finished some flows to save day usage of all meters, including production, both gross and net. Good thing we have "Beter Logic" :D