This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• Eternity said:
    @Count_B
    No. But you can create a trigger with the Better Logic App and have that start a Hue scene. Those triggers can be added to Homey Dash.

Here a screen of my tablet. Almost all buttons are triggers (for Homey flows). The buttons named DIM x are Hue scenes!

Nice! I have one more question about On/Off widgets. When I add a widget from a BetteLogic device (which is working fine) and press this widget the device is going on but when I press it again nothing happens. Any ideas?
  • If this had a volume controller for my Kodi device I would be in heaven.

• I think you Could use the better logic numslide for that one
  • No hurry, but I'm just curious, how is the work on the new dash-app going? :)
  • Hi there,   i am very new to Homey (so new it just arrived today), 
    my main reasons for buying homey was so i could tie all my devices together with one app, seems like this will do it great, 
    my next reason was so that i could have an ipad/ tablet sat on the coffee table with a lot of buttons/ sliders on a dashboard to be able to run activities/routines, 
    things like.. watch TV (turns my logitech harmony hub onto my watch TV activity)
    Sleep (turns my TV off, turns all the lights in the living room off over a set amount of time to allow me to leave the room, keeps other lamps on longer on the way to bed to allow me to get to my bedroom with lights on)
    other nice things like being able to just run my harmony activities, 
    be able to adjust thermostat temperature and so on...

i obviously did find the dashboard app but i cant seem to add any buttons other than on/off and temperature gauge... 
    if i switch to the beta version, i can then add a button that i link to a virtual device but i lose all the backgrounds and any way of making it look nice?,

am i being an idiot have i missed something completely?

want to try look into this ASAP as if homey wont do what i want, i want to be able to send if back in a couple of days.

Thanks, 
    Neil

• @neil_holloway

Hi Neil,

The background should still work, even in the beta. Maybe switch it within the Homey Settings (you can chose one there) will fix this. Indeed combined with some flows HomeyDash can control allmost everything. Out of the box the current beta only supports a few capabilities.

On the other hand, Athom is still working on a dashboard themselfs...ETA still unknown but something to keep in mind :) Where i as well continued developing but started from scratch again. Just so the next release will be modulair in such a way that other devs can add extra's as well.

@keverjeroen

Development is still allot of work BUT  i am getting there... i won't tease as much as i did before. But i do promise that when it's finished (or at least beta/alpha) it will have some more functionality then it has now. On the other hand, it will work allot faster.
  • swttt said:
    @keverjeroen

Development is still allot of work BUT  i am getting there... i won't tease as much as i did before. But i do promise that when it's finished (or at least beta/alpha) it will have some more functionality then it has now. On the other hand, it will work allot faster.
    Great to hear! I will wait patiently.. Keep up the good work.. :) 
  • @swttt
    Please dont mind to tease us <span>:open_mouth:</span>
  • Count_BCount_B Member
    edited October 2017
    Does somebody know how I set chrome/safari to full screen in IOS 11 on a Ipad?

Edit: I have installed this browser and now it is working great! Link: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/full-screen-web-browser-app/id501940809?mt=8
  • joeybrooksjoeybrooks Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi guys! At first, i would like to compliment and thank @swttt ; with the work he has done. Just bought the Homey some 3 weeks ago, used some Milight RGBWW bulbs, KUKA switches, Action switches and some Z-wave devices are on their way.

Needed to convince my beautiful girl that domotica is cool, so made a wallmount from a old picture frame. I chopped out some un-needed plastic casing so my old iPad 2 would fit in preciseley. Very happy with the result! 

Drilled a hole through the wall directly to my power cabinet where the main power comes into our house. See the pictures. If anyone would like to know how i exactly did it, please let me know. For now i think the pictures speak for themselve.

I really love this app and hope there will be more functions added soon! Keep up the good work. 
  • You've done a really nice job there Joey.
  • xAPPO said:
    You've done a really nice job there Joey.

Thanks friend.

• Would be great to visualize sensor readings, like the presentation of temperature / humidity / lux values!
  • weerderhofweerderhof Member
    edited October 2017
    Hallo het lukt mij miet om de app aan de praat te krijgen, wat bedoelt men met de bearer die men moet kopieren is dat het ip adres ?
    heeft er iemand een nederlandstalige handleiding ?

MODBREAK:  Please use English.

Google Translation:
    Hello, I can talk to the app, what is meant by the bearer you have to copy is that the IP address?
    Does anyone have a Dutch manual?

• There's people here from all over the world, in English please. In the first post of this thread (I know it's 39 pages already but it's really the starting-post) it's explained how to get the bearer. If you don't know enough English you can use google translate:
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=en&amp;tl=nl&amp;js=y&amp;prev=_t&amp;hl=nl&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;u=https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1736/beta-release-homeydash-a-dashboard-app-for-homey/p1&amp;edit-text=

• weerderhofweerderhof Member
    edited October 2017
    Bedankt voor de tip, maar ook nu lukt het nog niet, ergens doe ik Waarschijnlijk iets fout. Maar weet helaas niet wat.

verder wel heel tevreden over de Homey. Zeker t.o.v de homewizard die ik ook nog heb.

MODBREAK: Please use English.

Google Translate:
    Thanks for the tip, but it's not possible yet, somewhere I'm probably doing something wrong. But, unfortunately, does not know what.

Further satisfied with the Homey. Certainly for the homewizard that I have.

• Go to http://my.athom.com . There you will have to login and wait until you see the big Homey. Do a right mouseclick on the Homey and chose to copy the link. Now paste the link somewhere readable (like notepad), now you can see your bearer token.

Ga naar https://my.athom.com
    Meld je aan met je gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord
    Soms krijg je dan ook Select an Account, klik daar dan op
    Als dat lukt zie je jouw Homey met daar boven Welcome, NAAM (normaal klik je daar op om verder te gaan, nu dus niet)
    Klik met je rechtermuis knop op jouw Homey en selecteer koppelings locatie kopieren.
    Dat plak je in notepad.
    Als het goed is bevat die link jouw lokale ip adres met daarachter /?bearer_token=
    Alles wat hier achter staat heb je dan nodig.

• Bedankt, dat stukje lukt, vervolgens klik ik verder en dan zie ik linksonder snel wisselnde teksten, o.a het ipadrs van homey, hij brengt iets over etc. Dit blijft hij doen.
  • Kan het een firewal probleem zijn ? Ik werk met windows 10 
  • @weerderhof wich browser are you using? In Chrome it works perfectly. Go to my.athom.com > login to your Homey > settings > homeydash > button 'go to homeydash'. Does that work?
  • In can not set The name from The widget buienradar ?
  • Bedankt, dat stukje lukt, vervolgens klik ik verder en dan zie ik linksonder snel wisselnde teksten, o.a het ipadrs van homey, hij brengt iets over etc. Dit blijft hij doen.
    Doe je wel rechtermuis klikken en koppelingslocatie kopieren?
  • Let’s plz keep it in English so we can all read along. If u wanna do it in Dutch then plz continue in PM!
  • Leeuw1960 said:
    In can not set The name from The widget buienradar ?
    It doesn't work on safari on my iPad en mac-mini with chrome on my mac-mini i can give the widget a name
  • @Leeuw1960
    Has to do with safari. It's a known issue, but won't be fixed anymore.
    The new version of homeydash is allmost released to some early alpha testers, and is a complete rewrite.
  • swttt said:

The new version of homeydash is allmost released to some early alpha testers, and is a complete rewrite.
    Good news!!!
    Looking forward to this new version. Thanks for all the hard work @swttt ; !

• In chrome it works thanks a lot.
  • Works very nice. For me personal would it be nice to see a greater difference between on an off for instance red for off and green for on 
  • Is there any way ill be able to display graphs from my temp sensors anywhere? somehow? On the dash i mean:)
  • Eternity said:
    swttt said:

Good news!!!
    Looking forward to this new version. Thanks for all the hard work @swttt ; !

Also looking forward for it. Great work @swttt !!!