This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey doesn't respond to any Infrared

Comments

• @genotix you maybe have noticed some new dedicated IR apps in the app store in Beta slowly getting ready for when 1.5 hits the stable channel and everyone can use it. They did a rewrite on the IR part :)  Wich devices Athom will make is not sure at this moment but they already added the most generic devices at this moment
  • Hi Lubbert,

Thanks for you response!
    I'm using Bèta at this moment and am happy to announce the Arcadyan works properly now.

There are some "Glitches"  from which I believe they are due to the LED ring of homey interfering with the IR-Transmission or actually the TV IR Receiver and Settop box being "Blinded" by the LED ring.
    (My IR receivers are next to my homey)

Maybe either let the LED ring blink exactly together with the IR signal or disable the LED ring temporary while transmitting through the IR LED.
  • Hmmmmmmmmmmmmthis is shocking.. everywhere on the athom homepage they brand IR as one of the perks this Homey unit has.. What's the currect statement from AThom themselves regarding this issue?

• I use learned signals in Homey every day without a problem...
  • IR doesn't work even a tiny bit for me. E-mailed support about it but they simply don't even reply. Very disappointed! 
  • TonD83 said:
    IR doesn't work even a tiny bit for me. E-mailed support about it but they simply don't even reply. Very disappointed! 
    When did you contact support?
  • Five days ago. Auto-reply stated 1-2 days response time. 
  • TonD83 said:
    Five days ago. Auto-reply stated 1-2 days response time. 
    @Bram is the support manager at Athom,by this tag he can check your mail from 5 days ago and answer it. For now it's weekend so i guess you need to wait till monday
  • Thanks. I can wait a few more days, though the poor communication by Athom is worrying me a bit. 
  • Hi @TonD83, your email was automatically assigned to a developer who was on holiday. So that's why it has taken so long for a response. I have re-assigned your e-mail to another developer and asked him to take a look at it today!
  • Thanks Bram, makes sense.
  • Wanted to share my experience with learned IR-buttons :

At the far right Homey behind a photoframe, at the far left my stereo. Distance about 4-5 meters. Works every day, also without the photoframe. So if IR doesn't work, I would suggest to turn Homey around until it works. Also, use a (front) phone-camera to see if Homey emits a signal...
  • Thx, have same problem.

Mine also does nothing, i downloaded the samsung IR app and tried a simple command but nothing happens.
    When i use front camera to monitor nothing is transmitted from Homey, when i do the same on the remote of the TV i can clearly see the LED of the remote flickering in the camera, as said i do not see anything transmitted from Homey.
  • B3rt said:
    Thx, have same problem.p

Mine also does nothing, i downloaded the samsung IR app and tried a simple command but nothing happens.
    When i use front camera to monitor nothing is transmitted from Homey, when i do the same on the remote of the TV i can clearly see the LED of the remote flickering in the camera, as said i do not see anything transmitted from Homey.
    In that case contact support by email with that information. 
  • B3rt said:
    Thx, have same problem.p

In that case contact support by email with that information. 
    already did, waiting on a respond :)
  • @B3rt You've got mail!
  • Got a reply with some suggestions, none of which work. Still waiting for further response, which is awfully slow I must say :( 
  • Hi @TonD83 I've send the dev a message that he needs to respond to your e-mail:)
  • Bram said:
    Hi @TonD83 I've send the dev a message that he needs to respond to your e-mail:)
    @Bram Just left some comment on the Homey app page for this app. and matches this conversation. Maybe it's an idea to share suggestions (on a central place and not in all sorts of discussions) so others can also bennefit from it? 
  • Bram said:
    Hi @TonD83 I've send the dev a message that he needs to respond to your e-mail:)
    Hello Bram,
    I have the same problem here. Did a restart, but no succes. What can i try?
  • If a restart doesn't work, a PTP (pull-the-plug) probably will...
  • bvdbos said:
    If a restart doesn't work, a PTP (pull-the-plug) probably will...
    bvdbos said:
    If a restart doesn't work, a PTP (pull-the-plug) probably will...
    Got it. Thanks!
  • think this is a defect, my homey refuses also to send any IR signals, it does receive it (i can learn a remote) but when i try to send a signal nothing happens.

Even when i use a athom IR app to send a IR signal nothing happens, no device respond but also no signal when using a camere to view the IR lighting.

Athom adviced me to do a factory reset and/or send the unit back, but both options are not my favorite, simple because my home cannot be controlled any more and i have to completely reinstall all my devices and flows (i use a lot of them) because homey as no decent backup/restore option for all devices
  • ongoing IR problems here too... it learns, can't control devices consistently. still waiting for suggestions that will make a difference. Clearly given volumes of issues theres something significantly wrong. I do wonder with multiple IR transmitters all going in lots of different directions if reflecting and multiple/overlapping signals is confusing equipment?
  • B3rt said:
     also no signal when using a camere to view the IR lighting.

What kind of camera u used for this?
  • From my phone, believe it was front/face camere (not 100% sure if ot was front or back camera)

When you switch on camera on your phone and press for example on a button of a IR remote you can see on you display of your phone the IR led lighting up/sending a signal.

When you let send homey a IR signal and using the same camera you see NO IR lighting on your phone screen.

• Ok. It's very important which camera u use because the back cam has an IR filter on. That's why i was asking.
  • i am sure i used the correct camera, the IR led is visable when a remote is used, the same camera on homey and trnsmitting an IR signal generated by a IR app (from athom itself) does nothing.
  • I also have problems with infrared since the update. Most of the time it doesn't work anymore.... I have changed nothing only updated to the latest (stable version). Is this a bug that already has been reported?
  • Just to be sure i checked this just now. Mine is still working.